Front Derailleur replacement [Beginner]

mulkogi
mulkogi Posts: 3
edited April 2018 in MTB buying advice
I just bought my first bike after elementary shcool lol. I currently have a Shimano Tourney TY510, Top Swing, Dual Pull, 31.8mm Clamp Diameter as the front derailleur. I think it needs to be replaced. Any recommendations on an upgrade from that derailleur without breaking the bank account? The bike is a second hand Diamndback Trace with 3x7 shifter config. Got a pretty good deal and the bike looked brand new when i got it, it just needed some adjustments. I just need something more reliable and sturdier. Maybe later i'll buy a better bike but for now this is all i need. Thanks this is my first post in the forum!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Alivio is the most cost effective, but personally I’d check eBay etc for someone local selling one that matches what you needed.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mulkogi
    mulkogi Posts: 3
    Thanks for the recommendation. i have Altus for my rear derailleur. Anyone has info on the front Altus derailleur?
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    Alivio and altus are pretty similar. I'd just get either that fit the bike.