thursday has a noncommutative geometry

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

contemplating a longish ride, depends how windy it is up top, need to get more sunbed time in as well
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it would be nice to see some sunshine sg, I got caught in an hail storm yesterday, still working 12 hours a day, roll on next week
  • sungod
    am in a villa, so the sunbeds are mine all mine bwahahaha

hail? brr
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH - so large puppy will get a decent walk

Later is riding bikes
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sun is shiny, sky is blue with ne'er a cloud to be seen.

So today will be spent running around at a the speed of a thousand gazelles with not a bike to be seen.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Half ride to work. Nice average speed, must be a tailwind.

Can anyone recommend:
    - Some replacement shoes for my Shimano MT23? Requirements - cheap, lace up, reasonably light
    - A replacement car for my 59 plate Corsa? Requirements - starts, cheap to run, sub 5k (used), easy to get 1 bike in the back (2 + luggage at a push). Had a look this morning at some local places and cars seem to have jumped up in price a bit over the last few years.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, damp here. Being thrown out of my office at 12 as my bosses are moving to third base with some investors they have ensnared. I saw a big pot of Vaseline in the middle of the meeting room earlier.
    Morning

Can anyone recommend:
    - Some replacement shoes for my Shimano MT23? Requirements - cheap, lace up, reasonably light
    - A replacement car for my 59 plate Corsa? Requirements - starts, cheap to run, sub 5k (used), easy to get 1 bike in the back (2 + luggage at a push). Had a look this morning at some local places and cars seem to have jumped up in price a bit over the last few years.

DBH shoes, whatever mondeo you can afford. Dirt cheap to run and there are so many about second hand that they are worth very little.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    First set of shoulder stretch’s completed. Dogged by good weather here so I might have to go for a walk after doing a few errands.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    See now this is what happens when you bump into some mates in a pub car park at 3pm.

A mid afternoon lunch with wifey turned into a full blown Friday night session so one (well maybe four) isn't feeling it today.

And superstar have run out of my pads so that's even worse.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning, damp here. Being thrown out of my office at 12 as my bosses are moving to third base with some investors they have ensnared. I saw a big pot of Vaseline in the middle of the meeting room earlier.
    Morning

Can anyone recommend:

DBH shoes, whatever mondeo you can afford. Dirt cheap to run and there are so many about second hand that they are worth very little.

I use the DHB's to commute, not had a problem with them.

Car wise a Mondeo or Passat, Picking up a Passat later today paid a little more than your budget but their are lots of both about in the 5K range.
    The estate which I'm picking up the boot is vast plus comes with rails on the roof so plenty of options.

Work today, drove the hire car in and getting a lift shortly to pick up the new one (woo) someones in trouble in the IT division here the entire STP phone systems gone nope an turned off which means very little being done today. Its hard enough calling someone up to tell them how to setup a remote video feed let alone trying to email idiot proof guides.

Anyway later shall be pub, pint and pie which isn't a bad end for a Thursday, see if it stays dry!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    We found the passat was at least £2k cheaper than the similar specced golf when we were looking for a new one for the GF. A lot of car for the cash
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    Car wise a Mondeo or Passat, Picking up a Passat later today paid a little more than your budget but their are lots of both about in the 5K range.
    Mondeos and Passats might be a bit on the large size, although obviously that's good for getting a bike in. Not keen on a roof rack - again it's handy for bikes but unless you take the bike mount things off it's a bit of an advert to the thieving scrotes that you have a bike or two..
    The Corsa is OK size wise (happy to take wheels off bikes etc.) but the seats don't fold flat, and it just doesn't really work properly. The C3 I had before was similar (good size, better shaped boot but kept catching fire).
    Step83 wrote:
    Work today, drove the hire car in and getting a lift shortly to pick up the new one (woo) someones in trouble in the IT division here the entire STP phone systems gone nope an turned off which means very little being done today.
    Do you share your IT with the TSB guys?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nearly lunch time!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional Thursday morning hangover is still in evidence, think that was something to do with the beer. Out for a beer with the lad tonight as well.
    Fairly busy morning has been had catching up after yesterday. Had to shoot out and get the cakes as well. Feeling quite full now for some reason. Didn't manage to wobble in as I had to bring the EPO's old bike in as one of the girl's here wants to buy it. Hopefully that will go as I have another frame coming as well. Whoops. Looks like I'm in the process of going N+2. Might have to look into one of those metal bike sheds for the front garden.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Afternoon peeps,

A morning of meetings (yawn) but at least I'm going out a drink after work so I have some motivation for later on. Had my annual review as well - they admitted they wanted to keep me so cue more negotiations next year :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Mondeos and Passats might be a bit on the large size, although obviously that's good for getting a bike in. Not keen on a roof rack - again it's handy for bikes but unless you take the bike mount things off it's a bit of an advert to the thieving scrotes that you have a bike or two..
    The Corsa is OK size wise (happy to take wheels off bikes etc.) but the seats don't fold flat, and it just doesn't really work properly. The C3 I had before was similar (good size, better shaped boot but kept catching fire).

Do you share your IT with the TSB guys?

Pretty sure we have shares in them the amount of issues, an the whole TSB IT chaos things has caused no end of problems.

I would say fire isn't a good feature on a car. Maybe something like an Astra or Focus? Kind of the next size up, not sure if the seats go totally flat though.
    The rack is basically factory fit rails on the roof seems to be something on the bulk of the estates from what I've seen. But ill agree it is a large car, could sit four people in the boot without too much fuss.

Have to agree Hayden, Looked at a golf estate wasn't rubbish compared to the spec of the Passat that was going for less with half the mileage.

V68, whats coming frame wise? Is it fancy?
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    V68, whats coming frame wise? Is it fancy?
    I don't think it could be called fancy, mildly terrifying perhaps:
    Whats-in-the-Bamboo-bike-Kit.jpg
    The other one is an old Italian steel road bike frame I bought a while back, had it delivered to a customer and he's only just got round to sending it to me.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Fiesta not around in that price range?

I still steal the Dates old (2011) one for hauling dog, kit bag and bike around. Wouldn't want to add much more to the load except a person in the front seat. Bought something bigger for her recently so it ticks the car over for us.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    I must managed to get a sneaky 1hr 15 with 3 nice hills in and am now sitting in the sun eating ice cream waiting for bambino and his mate to come wandering down the road from school.

Winner winner chicken dinner with fresh veg tonight so quite looking forward to it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Re car - don't even look at anything resembling a new/last year's Corsa: I had one as a hire car two weeks ago and it was appalling: handled rubbish, appalling brakes, rubbish engine. Fezza and i10 are much much better.

I'd go Fezza or Fuckus if looking for your kind of thing.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    only a bit over 75km in the end, banging headwind for the first half, on the plus side a high-speed run back, another free cafe solo in the cafe under the volcano, slice of tortilla and a cake on the way back, nom, back home for lunch, and a few hours on the sunbed to summon up energy for dinner
  • Matthewfalle
    I had a headwind out and a headwind back.

I have also just scrubbed n1 bike and noticed the chain, cassette and chain rings are only fit for lobbing at Assad.

I hate to think how much DA cassettes are nowadays ......,,,

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    £150 in CRC clearance.

Phuck that.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Can anyone recommend:
    - A replacement car for my 59 plate Corsa?

Short or medium wheel base crew cab transit van. You'll get a lot of van for £5k.
    Cheap to run.
    Cheap on parts.
    Cheap insurance.
    Short wheel base is shorter than a Mondeo/faux exec car.
    Enough room to put the bike in the back with the wheels on/go camping/go camp/go swing/go dog.

$_86.JPG

Me trying to plumb bath and sink in me. £200 lighter after buying various bits and pieces.
    Then the stop cock decides to jam and I can't even test it. Well, that is until I drain the system and replace the SC seal :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Silly swear filter: stop c0ck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    So last race I was out till 2am on the ale and did well, this week no ale since Sunday and was shoot, nothing in the legs at all - think I need to drink more

More importantly kudos to the race organisers who ignored my wife's calls about the youngest going to hospital (he's ok) until the race had finished
  • step83
    V68 thought it was the work proxy disliking the image but it still doesn't work, images of Italian bikes coming over all Italian and not working?
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    V68 thought it was the work proxy disliking the image but it still doesn't work, images of Italian bikes coming over all Italian and not working?
    Oh, sorry. It worked for me when I posted it but I can't see it now either. It was a picture of this and trying to put in another image in the hope that it works
    Whats-in-the-Bamboo-bike-Kit-800x8001.jpg
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    That is exciting! I thought it was a pre-built frame for you to hang bits off, but you actually have to build the frame!
  • step83
    Looks like a gardening project!
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    So last race I was out till 2am on the ale and did well
    Carb loading?