Slipping chain or freehub

ChrisK1399
ChrisK1399 Posts: 24
edited April 2018 in Workshop
hello, so i ll give you a quick history of my problem
>>>i have changed the chain after about 6000km( i used to wash it daily or at the worst at 3 days) and i kept the casette which looks fairly in good shape( tooth are not bent or "chewed" and cant catch them with my nail+the chain doesnt move back and forth on them) and the chainrings( only 6000 km on them so not really worn out yet)
>>>chain was replaced at 0.5 wear, the LBS guy told me the chainrings and casette are good to use at this point
>>>the chain or the freehub slips when pedaling hard/sprints or just starting the ride( i usually start in 50-11, since i clean it daily now, after each ride)
>>>with the new chain, this happens on every cog on the back, through 11 to 32T (i live in a flat area so no use for the 32T)
>>>both the chain and the casette are from the same range (pg-1030 10spd 11-32 and pc-1031 10spd chain)
>>>the chain is the same lenght as the old kmc x10 one
>>>shifting is very precise, even when sprinting, or rolling off a stop
>>>my frame isnt specifically flexy at all
>>>cables are new-semi routed through the frame
>>>!!!!>>> casette has a under 1mm play in it, which was the case with the old chain too, cheap wheels and hubs so kinda standart( friend has issues with his mavic cosmic elite too)

so, after listing all this, what in the name of god is my issue??? :)
thank you in advance

open?id=1TCvrTITP0jg3QJ-ZaxX8nIZ6O0v1MePE <<<chainrings>>>

open?id=17uWODBe0DXxlYHbttUxYFWqY06SHIQ1M <<<casette>>>

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17uWOD ... qY06SHIQ1M casette

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TCvrT ... Z6O0v1MePE crings

Comments

• milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    Cassettes and chains mesh together. If you change one but not the other, you can get a bit of slipping, until they mesh. I tend to change the jockey / tensioner wheels at the same time as well.
  • Ill probably buy the same new casette but in 11-28
    So they can wear together
    Ill bring my bike to the service for a full revision too
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    I tend to change the jockey / tensioner wheels at the same time as well.

I'd say that's overkill. They aren't subject to the same wear as cassettes, chains and chainrings, which is why they are made of plastic. They usually last for years.
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    Bondurant wrote:
    I tend to change the jockey / tensioner wheels at the same time as well.

I'd say that's overkill. They aren't subject to the same wear as cassettes, chains and chainrings, which is why they are made of plastic. They usually last for years.

I use metal ones.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Cassettes and chains mesh together. If you change one but not the other, you can get a bit of slipping, until they mesh.

This is actual nonsense.
  • thx for the replies, well i have serviced my bike yesterday, full revision
    the mechanic said the cogs and the chainrings are in way too good shape to be that the cause of the sliping,he took my wheel apart and tightened the casette, seems it is solved for now
    i rode my bike yesterday and sprinted a few times, the chain only jumped after a quick shift and sprint, plus was nothing major, it didnt cause balance issues or so, it was more like a "click" but louder :)