sunday people say beware, but i don't care

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafes, volcanos, laze, ponder reality etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, breakfast , work , hopefully a bike ride later
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Puppy has had a decent walk, now tea followed by dragging logs down from the woods ready for cutting.

Then off on the bike to meet the family for lunch, decent mileage round trip so happy.

Later is local
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    All this talk of holidays reminded me I need to book parking at the airport for when we go away in June - first time in 12 years we don't get the school holiday rip off prices :) Booked a week in a cottage in Devon with the savings, I count that as a win.

Now supping coffee and lazing until the EPO returns.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    No more summer here.

Got a heap of measuring to do for flooring and a couple of websites have a sale on ending very soon. So I had better get my aris into gear and get a move on.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Another day, another airport.........

Any cycling I can stream on today?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Summer seems to have gone here as well.
    Looks like it’s going to p*ss down again. I think it will an afternoon watching the Cycling.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks, traditional slow start has been had. Just relaxing in the garden now. No hangover today as I went to the pub in the afternoon and left early. Off to the ‘rents later. Until then just some light pottering.
  • sungod
    started with the steep road to femes, mothapocalypse has come, thousands of 'em, kilometre after kilometre of dead moths, up over timanfaya, swoopy way back, wind still blowing from the wrong direction

now in full laze mode
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    started with the steep road to femes, mothapocalypse has come, thousands of 'em, kilometre after kilometre of dead moths, up over timanfaya, swoopy way back, wind still blowing from the wrong direction

now in full laze mode
    Blissful, well, not the moths. Have you ever tried any Lanzarote made wines?
    Camping done. We didn't kill each other, which is good. I dunno how countryside dwellers sleep at night, what with the cacophony made by things being murdered, and the things doing the murdering. I think I got about 3 hours sleep.
  • sungod
    i tried a few, all ok, tbh i usually go for beer when here though, once i get started on the wine there'd be little cycling!

remember some from bodega stratvs that was pretty good, but it got closed over allegations of deeply iffy behaviour, the wine was still being sold off i guess

to relax i think camping needs to be remote, in most of the uk i'd just be sitting there with a big knife waiting for trouble
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Trad Sunday.
    Grass cutting, massive roast dinner, kip on settee.
    Life in the fast lane eh?
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    i tried a few, all ok, tbh i usually go for beer when here though, once i get started on the wine there'd be little cycling!

remember some from bodega stratvs that was pretty good, but it got closed over allegations of deeply iffy behaviour, the wine was still being sold off i guess

to relax i think camping needs to be remote, in most of the uk i'd just be sitting there with a big knife waiting for trouble

The whites are ok, nice & cold. Never had a palatable red.

Camping does need to be wild and remote. Carry your gear in on your back, carry it out, leave nothing behind. Not load a large car up with crap, drive 90 mins to sit in a field with your car and tens of other folk and their cars. Not so easy with a 7 year old. I did make a large fire, over which sausages were broiled, and marshmallows were toasted.
  • hopkinb
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Trad Sunday.
    Grass cutting, massive roast dinner, kip on settee.
    Life in the fast lane eh?
    Bliss Bally's chum. Bliss. Fark the fast lane.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Trad Sunday.
    Getting washed by someone else, massive roast dinner, kip on settee.
    Life in the care home eh?
    FTFY.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Trad Sunday.
    Getting washed by someone else, massive roast dinner, kip on settee.
    Life in the care home eh?
    FTFY.

As Lone Watie said to Josey Wales,"I ain't that old after all"
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Time trialled this morning, got a bit wet. Everyone complaining about how tough it was but I enjoyed it even though stairs are an issue right now.

Pimping my bike rack this afternoon/evening, although run out of spray paint. It was wasn't very good paint though.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Time trialled this morning, got a bit wet. Everyone complaining about how tough it was but I enjoyed it even though stairs are an issue right now.

Pimping my bike rack this afternoon/evening, although run out of spray paint. It was wasn't very good paint though.
    The 2up?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TLW1 wrote:
    Time trialled this morning.
    The 2up?
    No, the D32/1, 1hr45m :evil:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Another day, another airport.........

Any cycling I can stream on today?

Fleche Wallone on Eurosport vids.