thursday we're off to see the tabby

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

plan: brekkie in the lounge, wfhotel, webex, trundle bikebox over to terminal and check-in, buy tawny port, try out the ba lounge, more webexish until ten mins before takeoff, all part of the heady glamour of gmc, switch off gmc email sync, relax and wait for the inflight bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another sunny day on the cards,
    Sg your day sounds better than mine, mi ne involves jumping in hire car and travelling to Newton Aycliffe, at least I am taking the bike with me for some after work cycling
    Have a good day
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nowt so exciting for me. Ride, work, longer ride. No prospect of bubbly or port.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

sun is shining so i intend to do no work at all. i may pack my bag to fly out tomorrow.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    North Yorkshire appears to have moved to Southern Europe this morning. Bathroom floor vacuumed andscrubbed following the missus attempt at juggling with the ceramic soap dispenser last night ended in a failure. Might get a brownie point, I may attempt some dusting later.
    A turbo session will done later despite it being 20 degrees and sunny, hopefully the last one for a while if I get the all clear from the consultant to night.
  • Sunny and 24 degrees c, ooh what to do
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Sunny and 24 degrees c, ooh what to do

bugger all, obvs.

drink coffee, wear shades and look at attractive members of the opposite sex.

suns out, guns out.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Sunny and 24 degrees c, ooh what to do
    Beer garden?

Morning folks,
    Pleasant wobble in even though it was 7am, I could get used to this. Mild Thursday hangover was just enough to exaggerate all the little bumps in the road. Now sat at my desk trying to avoid customers, I find accidentally turning my phone off is the best way. Going to join the Mrs for lunch in Twickenham later, probably sit by the river and watch the world go by. The ride back from lunch is always much slower than the ride there for some reason.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • hopkinb
    Lovely weather in SW London & the City. I may have an outdoor lunch today, though I only have cycling sunglasses with me for concealment purposes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, far to nice to be cooped up in the office, we have quite a large balcony an some beans bags so ill be dragging one out there an working with the laptop shortly. Beer garden at lunch, and after work.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Lovely weather in SW London & the City. I may have an outdoor lunch today, though I only have cycling sunglasses with me for concealment purposes.

just use a Sharpie on the whites of your eyes. Old SF trick. They'll never see which way you are looking.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    smoooooth check-in and security, got a couple of bottles of kopke 10 year tawny, now plumped down in the ba lounge, seems nicer than the lhr ones, somehow there is wine next to me, suppose i should have a glug

looks lovely out, if i weren't off on hols i'd definitely be skiving in the sun
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sigma sport delivery to the office, work now on the back burner
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976

suns out, guns out.

This popped up on my phone today.

suns-out-guns-out-raul-moat-suns-out-guns-out-18682168.png

Good job it's hot as the plumber has drained the heating system for the 85th time.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Suns out, meeting on, fun prospect low
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Sun's out.
    Bike ride half way to the office, work stuff, bike ride back later, might play TT later.
    Last night's hill climb didn't go well :)

It got up to 25 degrees in the office yesterday. Switched the AC from 'roast at 22 degrees' to 'cool to 22 degrees' this morning before anyone got in, now everyone's complaining it's freezing.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Thistle, same in our office but im sat on the on balcony at the moment so im not overly fussed, breeze is very welcome.
  • hopkinb
    Here you go BB'ers. A nice, easy and topical crossword clue from today's Times puzzle.

Caterer found bananas for lengthy sporting event. (4,2,6)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Working at home today and regretting not being in an air conditioned office, just not used to this heat thing any more. Thankfully it's not too busy at work so am just having a decent lunch break while sorting out the wording and related stuff on my old man's headstone now that the ground has settled.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:

what did you get?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    hopkinb wrote:
    Here you go BB'ers. A nice, easy and topical crossword clue from today's Times puzzle.

Caterer found bananas for lengthy sporting event. (4,2,6)

Tour De France..
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Spinner wins today's prize of a hearty pat on the back. Unfortunately it will have to be self administered, what with this being teh internetz.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Flâneur wrote:

what did you get?

S work 7 in the candy red and the new Fizik r1 infinito to try on. Along with some OTE food and some tubeless Milk kit.

Both shoes being returned, s works for a half size down in white (sad face to white) and some shimano s-Phyre to try on. Need to replace the Giro Empires.

Sounds like people are actually doing bits n bobs here today rather than being their usual selves, except SG he is still being GMC
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    Nicking off early to go and see if I can manage a lap of Richmond Park in the sunshine.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nicking off early to go and see if I can manage a lap of Richmond Park in the sunshine.

VN says to watch out for the silly woman with her BMW and child looking at deer.

Me done grouting me. Another job ticked off. Not enough hours in the week.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

VN says to watch out for the silly woman with her BMW and child looking at deer.

She wasn't there, just a fat, unfit bloke with cramp in both calves.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    There are lots of them. Daft bints and fat knackers that is. I meant to go via the park tonight but forgot in my eagerness to get home.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Is that still your tinder profile
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

:D

Yep. It's never really paid off for me. Might change it soon to just "fat bloke, can lick own forehead".
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Yep. It's never really paid off for me. Might change it soon to just "fat bloke, can lick own forehead".
    The same as Stevo?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

The same as Stevo?
    One out of two isn't bad :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]