still need to arrange another holiday
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - so should have a lie in, but stupid body clock has a different agenda
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dog walked bloody windy though, I really need to finish the gardening before I go back to work
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

I’m goin* out on my bicycle for a couple of hours then meeting a friend for coffee. So there.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Mmm donuts
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    A bit sore from yesterday’s physio, shoulder progressing well. Bad news is that although I should be able to stop weaing the sling after seeing the consultant on Thursday, I probably won’t be given the all clear to drive for a another week or so.
    So it doesn’t look like I will be out on my bike Friday. To day will be more turbo hell and it looks like it will go on and on.
    At least it’s not raining yet.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    nippy start, should be getting warmer and sunny, where was this for easter

first cafe break completed, berries a croissant and coffees, seems quiet out
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Dull with a bit of wind here.
    Weather much the same.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, very raining and windy here. No bikes for me.Yesterday was the 3rd day in the last 2 weeks at a forest in Argyll looking at the most awkward potential road build ever. It's a very long and tiring walk end to end with deep gullies and rivers. Luckily I have had the chance to test out 2 new pairs of boots although only one pair was courtesy of expenses unfortunately.

Went out on the bike last night and got an extremely good strava time up a 20 minute climb, went up it at 28km/h and down it at 33km/h which might tell you something about the wind strength and direction...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Off yesterday enjoying the sights/cycle paths of Buckinghamshire and Warwickshire, back to work today.
    Complete turnaround in the weather - blazing sunshine yesterday, wet and drizzly this morning with heavy rain forecast later. No bike riding today.
    HaydenM wrote:
    Went out on the bike last night and got an extremely good strava time up a 20 minute climb, went up it at 28km/h and down it at 33km/h which might tell you something about the wind strength and direction...
    Usually on those days Strava forgets to record it.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    HaydenM wrote:
    Usually on those days Strava forgets to record it.

I was using my garmin forerunner for HR a my strap is broken, turns out I averaged 106bpm dropping down to 0bpm at a few points. My arm warmer must have got caught under it because I don't remember having multiple cardiac arrests on the way up :wink:

11th/4000 and still a minute off the KOM, must have had the mother of all tailwinds...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    light cloud and a little bit blowy this morning and my phucking cough is back again. It seemed to be fading quite nicely but is now back with a vengeance. Stupidly answered a retail call that tripped over to me this morning and wasted 23 minutes of my life talking about hose. Unfortunately of the reinforced rubber fuel resistant variety. I didn't think it was possible to spend that long complaining about something like that and I spent a large proportion of that time trying to explain that there was nothing else that could be done and please just send it back. Finally got off the phone to find out he'd already been told the same by email. He's probably on a rubber goods forum moaning about us as I type.
    Tonight's beer and curry has been postponed, probably just as well as I had to go and see the old man to see what the oncologist said before going out. That's generally not conducive to a relaxing evening out.
    Anyway, where's my next cup of tea?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Legs are sluggish, though bike needs a LOT of TLC, so that's probably it.

Gonna go and buy a new suit this morning.
  • hopkinb
    Oooh, 3000 posts! Well, 3001 now.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Wind, sodding wind, and children staring at your dumfounded while you cycle at them.

Anyway man down in the office some numpty got hit by a car, one of those who think helmets are stupid. Hes now sporting some kind of head injury amongst other things so I think his views may change.

Many things being debated today, new car, do I take off my bike shoes, what coffee to make. Such a hard life.
    Also may add to the list the effect of X-rays on doughnuts, though Id imagine youll just end up with a highly irradiated doughnut, still FOR SCIENCE!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,156
    hopkinb wrote:
    Bloody amateurs :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Got up early and almost got blown off on the moors this morning.

Just sat playing the waiting game for plumbers, floor fitters, joiners etc etc...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stopped on bike ride to admire view for 2 minutes.

Fell asleep and woke up 30 mins later.

#tired.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

#tired.

I though post-Seychelles you had gone off to patch up squaddies/put sticking plasters on nuns? How come you're snoozing at the side of a lane in Wales instead?
  • Stevo_666
    Lucky for some.

Good ride in this morning - should be a nice temperature for t-shirt and shorts on the trip home this evening. In the meantime, I'm busy stuffing my face in between delegating to minions and abusing auditors. This is the life.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

#tired.
    Or maybe the sheep have figured out how to use Rohypnol?
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Lucky for some.
    It was only almost, not sure what stopped him. Maybe he's not as much of an exhibitionist as some.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Lucky for some.
    It was only almost, not sure what stopped him. Maybe he's not as much of an exhibitionist as some.
    Maybe the sheep wasn't attractive enough.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    The best thing to be said about today is I found a quicker route back from work to the accommodation I'm staying in this week.

Booyah!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    finished packing, used hilton online checkin to choose room with a view at the airport hotel tomorrow, not too far from the exec lounge and the free nibbles and drinks, driver booked for both ends, arranged for much beer to be chilling in villa, the interweb can wonderful thing if used correctly

shortly off for tapas y vino with mrs s
  • hopkinb
    Oh to be a sungod...

Does the happy dinosaur do beer delivery?
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    finished packing, used hilton online checkin to choose room with a view at the airport hotel tomorrow, not too far from the exec lounge and the free nibbles and drinks, driver booked for both ends, arranged for much beer to be chilling in villa, the interweb can wonderful thing if used correctly

Enjoy lots. I’m not at all jealous.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    edited April 2018
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Lucky for some.
    Maybe the sheep wasn't attractive enough.

Even the sheep were indoors this morning.

****ing plumbers... What sort of ****ing numpty****wit hangs a ****ing sink 1050mm above the ****ing ground? ****ing moron.

Now I'm getting it in the ****ing neck whilst having ****all to ****ing do with it and I'm not even at the ****ing house.

****ing **** ****.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    finished packing...shortly off for tapas y vino with mrs s
    I'm a bit jealous. But not in the green eyed monster begrudging him going type way, more the "lucky him, wish I was doing something like that" sense.
    Enjoy SG, although I have no doubt that you will.
  • ballysmate
    sungod wrote:

Can't possibly comment. Not met Mrs SG.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Bloody amateurs :D

Whore!