Shimano I-Spec Confusion

carms28
carms28 Posts: 27
edited April 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

This has probably been discussed to death but even other threads I read confuse me.

I have a XT M780 Shifter and an SLX M675 brake which I want to put on one clamp. I think both are I-Spec B.

Can someone tell me how I put them on one clamp? do i just need to buy an shimano I-Spec B adapter?

Thanks

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Yes, if they are both i-spec b. Been a while since I built mine up but as I recall there’s a different bit on the shifter (top cap I think) that you change so it can bolt to the brake lever.
  • You need this silver part which is I spec B, I spec A has a little hook on it.
    s-l1600.jpg

The M675 should already have the hardware installed on it, otherwise you need the little bolt kit.
    s-l1600.jpg
    I think the part number is - y6uv98090
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    You don't just need the silver part. You need a new top cover for the gear shifter as well.

SJS Cycles sell the top cap and the nut kit.

It is probably easier and maybe cheaper to buy a second hand i-Spec B shifter off eBay.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • cobba
    cobba Posts: 282
    Carms28 wrote:
    I think both are I-Spec B.
    If you're not sure of what you have, look at the following image which shows compatibility of I-Spec A and I-Spec B.

https://media.alltricks.com/hd/56ab35c0df102.jpg
  • carms28
    carms28 Posts: 27
    Sorted...... Excellent thanks guys! 8)