edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride a bit, café

then pack shiny bike and other stuff for hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, better morning here ,cycling, cutting lawns, roast beef in that order, cycling on tv this afternoon
    Have a good day

Sungod, enjoy your holiday, where about are you going?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Need to help tidy up after yesterday’s memorial, then get Bike ready for a ride later, not going to go well as I have the onset of manflu

Obviously pub later
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Off to the tip. Then let's see what other busy work is found to occupy me.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Probably a pilgrimage to the land of the wise old Tabby and some inhalation of sulphurous volcanic fumes at altitude to re-balance his inner shui.
    I think there's a lot to be said for the teachings of the Tabby. The fumes? Each to their own. I'll just have to satisfy myself with marker pens.

Usual Sunday swimming with toots and then the Amstel Gold. That's a bike race btw Stevo.
    First eggs of some description with something and then negotiate a deal for another old banger after I go and get it fired up.
    I guess Stevo is in some alley way in Redcar after an interesting night out or driving back down the A1 (M in bits).

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167

I think we can guess...

Actually its only a couple of months until my the first of my summer holidays. Just got to get junior over the GCSE hump first. For now it's a bit of coffee and lazing until the other two get back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I think we can guess

You never know Mrs SG might of changed his mind :)
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

Probably a pilgrimage to the land of the wise old Tabby and some inhalation of sulphurous volcanic fumes at altitude to re-balance his inner shui.
    I think there's a lot to be said for the teachings of the Tabby. The fumes? Each to their own. I'll just have to satisfy myself with marker pens.

Usual Sunday swimming with toots and then the Amstel Gold. That's a bike race btw Stevo.
    First eggs of some description with something and then negotiate a deal for another old banger after I go and get it fired up.
    I guess Stevo is in some alley way in Redcar after an interesting night out or driving back down the A1 (M in bits).

Laters.
    Actually I got back last night in time for a takeaway at home - record journey time as shockingly no hold ups at all. Job done up there for now. Must get some new CDs for the car through.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I think we can guess

You never know Mrs SG might of changed his mind :)
    Does she go as well? :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been had. Bit more pottering to be done. Replaced the chain on the pub hack yesterday, need to do the cassette now. None of the three bikes I’d been asked to fettle materialised yesterday so suspect something may turn up today.
    Similar trials to Stevo with daughter and GCSEs to get through before our holiday. Got to get her up extra early tomorrow as she has to be in school for a practice paper. That’s going to be a challenge after two weeks off.
    Off to the ‘rents later then for a pint with older sister as she is over for a few days.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    yes land of the tabby, fly later in the week but packing the bikebox today to avoid rush, especially as it's suddenly hectic at gmc

quite grey out, went across to greenwich couldn't even see canary wharf from up on the hill next the observatory

headed back past brenda's place, flags are up and lots of tents on the mall and at hyde park for the commonwealth goverments' jolly, traffic's going to be absolutely buggered next week
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Everyone in Merton must have cleared the shyyte out of their garden yesterday and, like me, left the tip trip until today. Immense queues. I must cough up for a brown wheelie bin instead.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Sat in the queue for the car ferry overnight to Melbourne. Wine and pizza on board if they get cracking soon!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon. Nice and sunny here this morning, got dragged off to see grandson before I could plan anything. He then wanted to come back with us, so spent time trying build up his confidence riding his bike. Then managed a turbo session but then half an hour of putting arm down various drains trying to clear blocked loo.
    I wonder if I should have bleached my hands before eating this sandwich.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Webboo wrote:
    Afternoon. Nice and sunny here this morning, got dragged off to see grandson before I could plan anything. He then wanted to come back with us, so spent time trying build up his confidence riding his bike. Then managed a turbo session but then half an hour of putting arm down various drains trying to clear blocked loo.
    What doesn't kill us only makes u stronger!

Of course what does kill us, kills us and that's not so good.
    It sounds like your arm is mending well. How do you rate your chances of staying in the Metric Century Club
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    mrfpb wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

It sounds like your arm is mending well. How do you rate your chances of staying in the Metric Century Club
    It will depend on whether I’m given to ok to ride my bike when I see the consultant on Thursday, if so I’ve got 10 days to get one in. As your arms are always well below your shoulders, I think I might be ok.
    If I get the all clear I’ve got a idea of a circuit where I could stop for a coffee every 15 miles, might be the slowest 100K ever.
  • tlw1
    Today’s ride went well - earned some prize money (just), considering the 2am finish last night - I will take that :)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    My ride also went well and I also achieved something, although I set the bar lower than TLW.
    ie I got home before it pissed down on me.
  • Stevo_666
    Webboo wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

It will depend on whether I’m given to ok to ride my bike when I see the consultant on Thursday, if so I’ve got 10 days to get one in. As your arms are always well below your shoulders, I think I might be ok.
    If I get the all clear I’ve got a idea of a circuit where I could stop for a coffee every 15 miles, might be the slowest 100K ever.
    You should be OK soon - I started again a couple of weeks back and as you say, arms are well below the shoulder while riding so no problems. Just depends on how cautious they are being. I got the 'riding is OK, but if you fall off...' as justification for making me wait a bit longer. But in the big scheme of things an extra couple of weeks is no big shakes.
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:
    My ride also went well and I also achieved something, although I set the bar lower than TLW.
    ie I got home before it pissed down on me.
    I didn’t :(
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Today’s ride went well - earned some prize money (just), considering the 2am finish last night - I will take that :)

The crit? How did you get on?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

2nd race and I’ve got some points and a little prize money, obviously going to quit work tomorrow to pursue a Cycling career - can’t be too late can it?
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

2nd race and I’ve got some points and a little prize money, obviously going to quit work tomorrow to pursue a Cycling career - can’t be too late can it?

Gilbert Duclos Lassalle rode well into his 40's.
    Well. he won P-R aged 39 and you've had practice.