edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafe, lounge

cold murkiness continues, but at least it's dry
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, just about to walk the dog, cycling followed by copious drinks at the local, milder this morning and dry
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Puppy given a decent walk, now enjoying tea whilst watching the rugrats play on the consol.

Need to clean the car as giving locals lifts to and from the church for my neighbours memorial, later is local
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Competitive insomnia from sungod and lincolndave. Oxo must be off shift!
    Nothing planned, lost my voice, cough has eased off.
  • No, you cannot die from insomnia
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Nice and sunny if a bit cool up here on Teesside so got up early (8am) and went for a run along the beach - glorious. Now got bacon, sausage and egg on the go for brekky as I'm hungry.

Trip to the old folks home and the tip beckons later. Will try time my drive South so there some footy on the radio.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Dry here with the sun trying it’s best to show. Yesterday’s turbo session was a new high point in that I was able to put both hands on the bars. I wonder what today’s highlights will be, possibly a shuffle round hill and Dale.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning, just about to walk the dog, cycling followed by copious drinks at the local, milder this morning and dry
    Is your dog really a dog or is it a cat as seems to mainly be out in the dark.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    out at dawn for a nippy grey start, then it went lovely and sunny, felt weird after it being gloomy and murky for so long
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Webboo wrote:
    Morning
    Dry here with the sun trying it’s best to show. Yesterday’s turbo session was a new high point in that I was able to put both hands on the bars. I wonder what today’s highlights will be, possibly a shuffle round hill and Dale.

:)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    sungod wrote:
    out at dawn for a nippy grey start, then it went lovely and sunny, felt weird after it being gloomy and murky for so long

Are you seriously moaning about the sunshine after moaning so long about a lack of it?! :roll:

Me off to look at another old banger soon after a bit of admin.
    If the sun pops out, i'm out for a pedal. If it doesn't, i'm in for a pedal.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Sunny here, most odd but very welcome. Weird isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
    Had a slowish start and been pottering about in the garden. Amazing how much time something so small demands. A bit like my ...
    Wife wants to go and spend some money now, could be dangerous. I did mention that I didn’t think she’d have any money left after buying all my birthday presents. I thought it worth a go then mentioned that the Bespoked show being the weekend before my 50th must be a sign from on high that I need a fancy hand built bike.
  • hopkinb
    Sun is out. Took mini plus chum to park. Walked doggo. Cleared out last years tubs and troughs from the decking. Pressure washed decking. Afternoon is refilling tubs and troughs and going to the farking garden centre. Tomorrow is tip. I wish it was p1ssing down to be honest.
  • pinno
    There's garden centres in London?!

Me did run around me and looked at an old banger. Which I think i'll buy given that it looks like I have use of a large garage.
    Must get on with PPP and then it's cycling and tinkering with old bangers time.

Pedalling was shelved on account of the weather but it's brightened up and therefore, i'm off for an evening ride after dinner.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Webboo wrote:
    Is your dog really a dog or is it a cat as seems to mainly be out in the dark.

It’s really a dog, a patterdale terrier called Tigger, we are out every morning at 5 oclockish probabaly the best time of the day
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Well, Morden. Arse end of the northern line. Planting done, all watered in. Shyte ready for the tip early doors. Now doing mini a bavette and chips.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    Pinno wrote:
    my favourite is https://www.chelseaphysicgarden.co.uk/P ... ry/history

there's quite a large collection of plants from the land of the tabby there, and also many chilli plants, unfortunately no pineapple

well worth a visit, lovely on a sunny day with many friendly bees, and you can get bubbly in the bar/restaurant (ffs don't have the coffee, it's vile)
  • hopkinb
    oxoman wrote:
    Afternoon. OXO was indeed off shift climbed Snowdon with a group of friends raising funds for CLAPA a charity that supported youngest grandson when he was born with a cleft palate last year. Hard walk with several kids and youngest grandson being carried. Even spotted loads of nutters on bikes on the ranger path. Puncture fairy was busy. Now back to civilisation with internet etc. For once the Welsh weather was beautiful.
    Good work oxo!
  • pinno
    Chelsea physics centre isn't a 'garden centre' exactly is it?

Daft looking mutt innit?

Zippy25.jpg

Mango and vanilla ice cream: the best after cycle food ever (aside form chocolate gateaux and coffee but it's too late for that).
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Home for the weekend, and was looking forward to playing with new chainsaw! Some iffy weather and a very dodgy back has put the kibosh on those plans. Drinking instead is the principal alternative.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Home for the weekend, and was looking forward to playing with new chainsaw! Some iffy weather and a very dodgy back has put the kibosh on those plans. Drinking instead is the principal alternative.

I'm almost totally sure that you could have started the Sunday thread ^.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Pinno wrote:

I'm almost totally sure that you could have started the Sunday thread ^.
    Probably, but I think this was still close enough to Saturday BB time
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS