Fulcrum 5 freehub circlip

nigelgos
nigelgos Posts: 128
edited April 2018 in Workshop
Could anyone point me to where I could buy a replacement circlip for a fulcrum 5 2013 freehub?

Comments

• nigelgos
    The bearings in the freehub are 6803 which have an OD of 26mm, so i'm guessing the circlip I need will be either 28 or 30mm.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,382
    did you manage to get the bearing behing the circlip out? If so, would love to know how!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • nigelgos
    laurentian wrote:
    did you manage to get the bearing behing the circlip out? If so, would love to know how!

Yes, once you have removed the circlip with circlip pliers you either knock the bearing out with a screwdriver from the drive side (gentle tapping from side to side) or use bearing pullers. I used this cheap one (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5pcs-Heavy-D ... SwVY9Z1gQc), it's not great quality but it does the job.

Do you have access to the circlip to measure it? mine has disintegrated.
  • laurentian
    I don't have access at the moment. Replaced the other bearings but stuggled to see how the one behind the circlip could come out - it looked to be larger than the housing it was in! You're advice above tells me it can come out so I may have another go when I get an hour or so with my spannering mate. I can see if we can measure it then. There are some pdf files available on line ( http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/en/download ) but they don't even gove a reference for the circlip
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Assuming the free hub is similar to the Zonda one,I use a socket from a socket set to slip inside the freehub and tap it out from behind.Once it’s past the circlip section a screwdriver will get it the rest of the way.
  • laurentian
    devonboy wrote:
    Assuming the free hub is similar to the Zonda one,I use a socket from a socket set to slip inside the freehub and tap it out from behind.Once it’s past the circlip section a screwdriver will get it the rest of the way.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was planning on doing . . . can you help Nigelgos with the circlip size? . . .it may be a while before I get round to doing the job
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Shame I didn't see this yesterday as I replaced all the bearings in my Quattros and they use the same parts.
    I could have measured it whilst I had them apart.
  • Dannbodge wrote:
    Shame I didn't see this yesterday as I replaced all the bearings in my Quattros and they use the same parts.
    I could have measured it whilst I had them apart.

Can you remember where you put your dustcaps as I havent a bloody clue what I did with mine!! :roll:
  • nigelgos
    For anyone else googling this in future... it looks like a ~26mm external diameter though I'm struggling to find the exact match for the circlip online.

https://imgur.com/2pLG4rl
  • nappyrash
    nappyrash Posts: 13
    kawasaki 92033003

might work, might not.
  • nigelgos
    nappyrash wrote:
    kawasaki 92033003

might work, might not.

Thanks.

This too... https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p8284 ... _info.html
  • nappyrash
    That type, but the one you linked to is too big. It has an internal diameter of 25.9mm (d3), yours is 26mm outside diameter.

See the technical section on your link.
  • nigelgos
    I'm only measuring 26mm by putting a ruler next to it, it could very well be 25.9mm. 0.1mm is hard to measure when I'm not working with square edges.
  • nappyrash
    I think you might be confusing internal with outside diameter.

Unsprung diameter, unstresed diameter, and d3 on the simplybearings website refers to the internal diameter of the circlip not the outside diameter.

Measure the internal diameter of your circlip, that will give you the unsprung diameter.
  • nappyrash
    They're cheap buy one if it doesn't fit buy another size.