edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, webexes

hints of improving weather
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Could do with wfh as we are our later to see a comedian but meeting fun to be had
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another miserable start to the day, has SG stated hopefully better weather on the way, gloss painting today , cycling later if the weather improves.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Grey outside. Looks like it's been raining all night. It's deffo not the Seychelles.

As TDV's in laws are staying with us, plan was this morning they stay here, TDV goes to gym, I go out on bike for 90 minutes.

TDV and I come down, no in laws. Stop outs have stopped out ffs.

TDV has gone to gym, I've crashed out on couch with Das Hound. Bang goes another day's riding.

May go and lift up some weights Ina bit in the garage.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • oxoman wrote:
    Morning. Out shortly for day of riding with mates

#humblebrag
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    weather better in the sense it's not soggy, murky though, can't see tops of buildings

acute laziness meant i never made it to the gym, managed cafe though
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning. Out shortly for day of riding with mates, suspect it may be a bit damp.

Lucky bugger. :)

Have a top one - pull a skid for me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Grey and damp here. Nothing much planned other than a turbo session at some point. I might go round with the vacuum cleaner not that the missus will notice.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Very damp and moist at home, dry as a bone at work.
    Been for a run AND a bike ride already. More riding after work as long as it doesn't get wetter.
  • oxoman wrote:
    Morning. Out shortly for day of riding with mates, suspect it may be a bit damp.

Lucky bugger. :)

Have a top one - pull a skid for me.

And bunny hop off a few kerbs
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Cough/cold seems to be staying above the neck, so still hammering the bicycle.

Bought a gilet and a grotty weather jersey in Cycle Surgery sale, as spring seems distant. Need a cassette and some derailleur cable too, oh, and some bar tape and a decent seatpost and handlebars. I'm just too lazy for bike maintenance. It means getting the bike stand out, and the tool box out, and then doing some bike maintenance, and getting all oily. I will do it, as paying a mechanic to do something I really can do myself seems daft.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Chasing up delivery company who tried to delver yesterday. Even sent me a pic of the back of PPP.
    Now they want to charge me £40 failed delivery fee even though it's not stated in their information that a charge would be levied in the event of a failed delivery.
    Worktops were ordered on the 15th of March with a '3 to 4 day turnaround'.
    Apparently, the courier left a message but as afaik and going through the emails, I never gave them my mobile number!
    Where do I stand?

Humph. GTG.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Pinno wrote:
    Chasing up delivery company who tried to delver yesterday. Even sent me a pic of the back of PPP.
    Now they want to charge me £40 failed delivery fee even though it's not stated in their information that a charge would be levied in the event of a failed delivery.
    Worktops were ordered on the 15th of March with a '3 to 4 day turnaround'.
    Apparently, the courier left a message but as afaik and going through the emails, I never gave them my mobile number!
    Where do I stand?

Humph. GTG.

Laters.

Life was so much easier when it was just the Royal Mail, with a collection office always never far away...some of these courier companies act like they are doing you a favour.

Third cycle commute of the week for me, into the heart of the Lake District (Ambleside), and not seen a drop of rain on any of them! It is strange everywhere else have pony weather and Cumbria being nice for a change - cracking the flags yesterday, although the clouds hovering above my office skylight don't look too friendly as I write.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Busy-ish day as today is my Friday.

Car is parked downstairs at work and I'm headed North once the traffic starts to ease off a bit. CD collection on standby as it is one of the most boring journeys in existence, about 80% of it is on the A1 and all but about 10 miles is dual carriageway or motorway. That said, the drinks cabinet in Redcar is well stocked so I have an incentive to get there quickly :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Spent half the day wondering "how the hell did they manage to screw that up so badly?" and the other half of the day wondering "how the feck do I even begin to fix it?"

Wine is worryingly ineffective to this point of the evening.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Course completed, all good and actually very interesting. Stopped to do some more homework on the way back, the Rose and Crown this time. Now unwinding at home.
  • Matthewfalle
    ciao ragazzi - hope all is well in the land of normality.

today has been spent packing to go away, gluing The Hound together, mowing the lawn and drinking wine. Altogether quite nice.

Also had a very nice letter from a Lt Col saying I was wonderful which, although its something we all know, is nice.

I also found out the S5 doesn't take 25mm tires. its stupid.

Did I mention the S5 is stupid?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    oxoman wrote:
    Afternoon, Sorry no skids as to busy bunny hopping Staffordshires potholes lanes and puffing pathetically up various must do climbs around Cannock and Stafford. 80 chuffing miles and I die on the last 10 as soon as I hit the headwind. Very moist turned to misty then started to dry out, ran out of water at the end as well. Biggest and hardest ride done a while and I'm absolutely farked. Not a single speed in site thank god.
    It’s the future
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Up North after a bit of a detour as the inconsiderate twats closed part of the A1. I have found some of SGs favourite (Tawny Port) so am giving it a try.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]