wednesday making a point at 6000 rounds per minute

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,521
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, etc., bail early

after yesterday's skive let's hope the quiet days turn into a quiet year, won't happen, but it'd be so nice
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao, hope al is well.

on flight home quaffing bubbles and watching Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.

back for a day and a half then back out again - at least it will give me a chance to sleep in my own bed for a night or so and check on the contents of the garage.

anything new to report around here?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Work meh part2

Avoided painting last night by visiting the pub for the football, probably won’t get away with it tonight
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, misty this am, I have started the painting should finish with the emulsion by lunch time, so hopefully get out on the bike today

TLW, you never know if you will get away with until you try :)
  • Matthewfalle
    crystal skull is not recommended by the way. russian baddy woman is foxy though.

May head onto Pitch Perfect 3.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    another soggy ride in, view out over park very murky, had a coffee+croissant to lighten the mood
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    In big town, sitting in a small room waiting for a course to start. Investigated facilities and no bike parking so train again tomorrow. Thankfully due to school holidays not too busy coming in, diverting to a pub on the way back which will be followed by the pub when I get back. Just need to stay awake or not snore too loudly.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Any pics of the Seychelles?

From my recollection of the weekend, TLW1 got proper tanked up on Belgian ales, somehow got into the early breakaway at Paris-Roubaix, then hung on desperately to Sagan's wheel over the last few cobbled sections, and even managed to try and jump onto the sexy Slovakian's wheel for the final sprint in the velodrome. All on a single-speed! Amazing really.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    In big town, sitting in a small room waiting for a course to start. Investigated facilities and no bike parking so train again tomorrow. Thankfully due to school holidays not too busy coming in, diverting to a pub on the way back which will be followed by the pub when I get back. Just need to stay awake or not snore too loudly.

what are they learning you V?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Dreary here, not sure what to do with the day yet. May have to go walking again, hopefully only 8 more days to go as a one armed bandit.
  • hopkinb
    Definitely have a sore throat, cough and blocked nose. I'm still kidding myself that it's early onset hayfever, despite not suffering from hayfever. Going to grumble, hack and splutter through the day.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning Workers. Chilling at home with maybe a run later. Need to put fancy fence up to make doggy friendly secure area to keep dog rescue people happy. All being well new addition to the family arriving at the wkend. Weather currently decidedly dull and damp out at the moment.

Yay woofers.

I'm trying to work out if I need to take another day or two off running to help my blisters heal or not. My conundrum over new running shoes has been solved in that my friend's sibling is some sort of running champion who happens to be sponsored by Saucony so hooray for free shoes. Might fit the new chain on the supersix tonight and go out instead, considering cancelling zwift. Too much activity for me...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, miserable weather today bit damp coming in now heavy mist. hire car was delivered to work, a stupid Aygo which is apparently a like for like vehicle. Its about 1/3rd the size of my old car so not quite sure what they are playing at. Angry calls have been made.

Many things to do at work today lots of calls to make and make sure all the boxes arrive for a site move on one of the satellite teams this weekend. Down to one minion as well which is annoying but least its the one that can actually do things, which reminds me a photo was requested so shall comply later if I remember!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning Workers. Chilling at home with maybe a run later. Need to put fancy fence up to make doggy friendly secure area to keep dog rescue people happy. All being well new addition to the family arriving at the wkend. Weather currently decidedly dull and damp out at the moment.
    Well done Oxo - whatcha getting? It's quite handy having an area that hounds can't escape from - our back garden has solid fence or wall round all of it so we can just let the dog out for a leak when its horrible outside, or if the weather's OK and he just wants to laze on the grass.

Finishing torturing numbers for year end today. If you torture them enough they'll tell you anything. May have to fend off a few spotty auditors in the next week or so mind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Fabulous day of being "helped" by an IT Help Desk. Three successive calls all clearly were able to tell me what the problem was (entirely caused by their own failing to do the job right the first time) and yet none were able to do the actual fix.

One day, I'll work for a company which has figured out using the lowest cost service provider is not such a good idea after all.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo, Getting a Staffy from local staffy rescue charity. It's a couple of years old and its owner has changed jobs and is struggling to juggle kids and work etc. Gardens enclosed but it's been recommended that we make one area a bit more secure. WS, I feel your pain my old place had IT support from India, wages in Poland and product development in Switzerland and all off them are useless. Thank god I left.

A friend of mine has 2 rescue Staffies, hilarious creatures. One doesn't play well with my lab but given enough space they get on ok. Good call getting a staffy rescue though, didn't fancy a labradoodle from a puppy farm? :wink:
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

From my recollection of the weekend, TLW1 got proper tanked up on Belgian ales, somehow got into the early breakaway at Paris-Roubaix, then hung on desperately to Sagan's wheel over the last few cobbled sections, and even managed to try and jump onto the sexy Slovakian's wheel for the final sprint in the velodrome. All on a single-speed! Amazing really.

will post some up when I get back home - only another 3 hours travelling.

it really is lovely but soooooooo expensive.Not as bad as Japan but so much more than Antigua.

Seriously nice though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    oxoman wrote:
    Hayden Unfortunately the labradoodle puppy farms didn't really float the wife's boat as she's very anti puppy farm or dogs shipped in from abroad following recent tv coverage. Friends and her boss recommended local staffy rescue so that's what we've done. Did look at a cockerpoo but rspca insist on 6ft fences around the whole garden plus it had issues with men so it was a no go.

Good for you for committing, thousands of unwanted dogs about without puppy farms. That said, our lab is a failed gun dog so not really a rescue at all, I can't talk. That cockerpoo was probably a lovely dog but sounds like a total pita, it's amusing reading what the rescue people write in the description and what they mean in reality. One of the rescue charities here writes them from the dog's POV- 'I am a lovely dog, friendly around other dogs but I have issues with recall' means 'I see other dogs, run away and never come back'.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    oxoman wrote:
    Hayden Unfortunately the labradoodle puppy farms didn't really float the wife's boat as she's very anti puppy farm or dogs shipped in from abroad following recent tv coverage. Friends and her boss recommended local staffy rescue so that's what we've done. Did look at a cockerpoo but rspca insist on 6ft fences around the whole garden plus it had issues with men so it was a no go.
    6 foot fences? Cockerpoos are knee high dogs, not bloody kangaroos :) Ours is a good jumper and he could probably manage a 2 foot fence at a stretch if he could ar$ed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    On a crowded train, got a seat. Already done homework from the course by stopping at a pub on the way to Waterloo. Mental health awareness course, homework was a bit of ‘me time’ so that was easy. Later is more pub.
    Staffy’s are cool, good choice.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    Morning,

Work have managed to get themselves on some spam blacklist so can't post on the forum at work.
    Spoke to someone in IT, even fessed up to what I was doing and he shrugged his shoulders and said he couldn't find anything wrong :roll:

Somehow I broke a spoke in my back wheel this morning and not sure how, it's only done 1200 miles and not once on the BMX track. The nipple's fallen inside the rim so it's clattering around and I don't think I'll ever see it again.

Got a family meal at the weekend and the restaurant's just told us we need to preorder on their Easy PreOrder system. Looked in the FAQ as to why they're adding 12.5% service charge when we haven't even had the food yet and one of the questions is "What is the benefit of EPO?" :mrgreen:
    oxoman wrote:
    Your not wrong about Staffy,s, sadly they got a bad rep because of idiots fighting them etc. Several descriptions used but the strangest was the use of patchwork dogs for one's that hate cats or jump or are nervous can't be with kids etc. But most of the big charities insisted on big fences or no kids etc, suspect its a get out of jail card in case of problems. No wonder so many dogs in homes are put down.
    My girlfriend used to dog sit a staffy, a rescue one. Loveliest dog I've ever known, just wanted to sit on the sofa (upright) watching TV being cuddled. If you stopped giving her affection you'd be licked all over. She was perfect with children but only tolerated dogs she knew and gave strange dogs a wide berth.
    Had to be put down recently due to joint problems due to inbreeding and she wasn't old either :(
    hopkinb wrote:
    I heard he won but got disqualified for being a sadist.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Me buggered me. Now doing the mini monster bolted on to the side of the house - the conservatory, Re-roofing etc...
    Got a quote for the drive - £6k. 'Kin 'ell.

Ho hum.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    TLW, you never know if you will get away with until you try :)
    Got away with it, meal out followed by the local

Slight issue, I have to resist telling the current wife she hasn’t done a good enough job
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:

:)

Someone on here has a picture of that now knackered bike