edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, etc.

weather of meh continues
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, soggy here this morning, shopping for paint later apparently the bedroom needs painting.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    First day back work meh and whilst I’ve been away the wife has started to paint the lounge, which means I’m painting later :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Rather moist out but not actually raining, managed to wobble in at least and successfully dodged the largest puddles. One of those days that I was very grateful to have mudguards. Should be reasonably busy today trying to get things sorted before a couple of days out of the office. Not looking forward to coming back on Fryday and having to deal with all the screw ups left for me.
    Had a phone call from the lad this morning, he was telling me the best technique for sleeping is to drink enough that you go to sleep not caring about the heat and humidity, then he sweats so much in the night all the alcohol sweats out so he doesn't have a hangover. I don't think it works like that and suspect he's turned into a TLW2 and it's just that his blood is now mostly made up of alcohol.
    TLW, would it have been better if your Mrs got the painters in? Have you recovered from the ride?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Got a cough I think. Dampish and warmish. Still in 3/4's and arm warmers. Cba to fix my rear brake last night. Will go and tinker with it later on.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Coming down like stair rods here, so it could be a damp walk into town. Apparently I need to buy a hot water bottle for my shoulder according to physio other than that he’s pleased with how it’s healing.
    Might manage a turbo session later and then a walk with the missus as she has informed she starting a get fit and healthy campaign. :roll:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    email is quiet so far, mrs s had lazy lay-in

wfh has turned into pfh - packing for hols :)
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sungod wrote:

Sitting in a nice little restaurant this evening and there’s a menu item just for you. Pineapple curry with pork and betel leaf.

Work meh. It’s very over-rated.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    pork and pineapple, it's a great match

i had a pineapple and cumin caipirinha at a bar last week, was pretty good too
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I picked the roast vegetable curry instead as I know this place and their idea of “mild” gives me numb lips. The pineapple one is listed as hot and spicy. Best avoided with my constitution these days. :(
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks...waffle...blah...waffle...TLW, would it have been better if your Mrs got the painters in?

That would mean the beer tab wouldn't get paid. End of the world scenario.

Windy with scrawly showers here. We had summer yesterday.

Doing the run around and need to keep toots occupied.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I went into Google looking for an image about being like a pineapple and found what could be child of SG.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHngCNydCYEpFDg8bb5-lv9diGafnpuVOZfRnO-HvKlnJPEZa_lQ
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:

When are you off SG? Are you taking your bike? I look forward to vicariously battling against the headwinds, and swooping down the descents.
  • sungod
    another week yet, with shiny bike

really just getting stuff together for now, sorting out warm weather gear and retrieving bits from various business bags to go into my big rucksack and see if anything is missing/dodgy, discovered last week that the gauge had failed on my travel pump, but fitted a new one yesterday
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Year end deadlines etc etc. I was so bored I took a break to offer personal financial advice :) Still, nearly half way through the week for me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Wet this morning, still wet. Brought running stuff but too wet. Also really tired, not sure why. TT later, think it might be wet.

Just fetched some aero bars from the Amazon locker. £16 what can go wrong :)
  • sungod
    an entire ccountry has disappeared according to gmc partner

either there's a gaping hole where it used to be, or there's a booboo somewhere in their system
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon fellow Pineapple fans, dank one today. Bit of bad news at the weekend, someone decided attempt to mate my car with a Transit, clearly the results weren't suitable resulting in both parties being put down.
    No one injured car became a collection of airbags driver of the van claimed not to have seen me but me.

Bit achey going into work but oh well.
  • sungod
    good thing you are ok
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    an entire ccountry has disappeared according to gmc partner

either there's a gaping hole where it used to be, or there's a booboo somewhere in their system

Ceylon? Perfectly good country. Tea, rubber, coconuts etc, then it just bl00dy disappeared in 1972.
  • sungod
    weighed my wheels for the hell of it

1682g, front+rear+tubs+glue+cassette+skewers, and some air :)

i'll be flying up them thar volcanoes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Step83 wrote:
    Afternoon fellow Pineapple fans, dank one today. Bit of bad news at the weekend, someone decided attempt to mate my car with a Transit, clearly the results weren't suitable resulting in both parties being put down.
    No one injured car became a collection of airbags driver of the van claimed not to have seen me but me.

Oops. Main thing is you're not injured. Guess the insurance companies will have their usual bun fight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Oops. Main thing is you're not injured. Guess the insurance companies will have their usual bun fight.

Exactly, fortunately the dash cam caught the lot of it showing me stationary at a junction so they cant really claim I was in the wrong. But yes im OK its only a car end of the day.