sunday needs more feynman diagrams

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

wonder if the roads will be dry, weather forecast no more useful than haruspicy and less entertaining

ride followed by cafe followed by laziness and holiday planning, may do a practice pack for next hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle ride today to watch the finish in the velodrome and enjoy the beer and sun :)
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, mild and overcast, not to bad really as long has it does not start raining,
    Well done yesterday TLW, have you stopped shaking yet?
  • sungod
    TLW1 wrote:
    Gentle ride today to watch the finish in the velodrome and enjoy the beer and sun :)

hurrah!

i'll probably be watching on eurosport, off for a soggy ride now that normal service has been resumed
  • tlw1
    Well done yesterday TLW, have you stopped shaking yet?
    Upper body is battered, hands sore to touch and both wrists cut and swollen thanks to ferkin garmin watch (switched wrists halfway round to reduce the pain)

Big smile on my face still :)
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Mild and dull here although the missus has informed its quite pleasant.
    Visiting friends and the garden centre but hopefully back in time for the Cycling.
  • sungod
    weather is of minging aspect

very soggy ride, roads seemed quiet which made pothole evasion a bit easier, some lethal longitudinal cracks developing as well

just put paris-roubaix on though not much happening, think it will soon be time for crusty bread and a cheese of france
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Rather moist here as well so made the most of a traditional slow start. Was going to jet wash the paving but don’t fancy that in the rain so it’s into the loft to sort some sh!t out.
    Didn’t fancy the crit race then TLW? I don’t think we can accuse you of wimping our after yesterday’s stupidity. Enjoy the beer and a well earned chill.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Soggy in suburbia.

Been to the tip, got some supplies and now doing a bit of admin stuff. Next week is a trip North to get some stuff down the auctioneers so am trying to find a good one that isn't miles away. Will be hearing from the lawyer next week about next doors chav infestation, hopefully we'll be able to send them a nice little legal Exocet as the council appear to be doing sweet FA about it so far.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Plan change - much beer and wine purchased and now sitting at the end of carrefour
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Watched Sagan and Dillier for the last 40 km. Didn't spot TLW1 at the end of Carrefour. I don't really need another excuse to fawn over Sags, but eh, isn't he special?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sagan. Legend.

Did some stuff. Went swimming. Watched P-R.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Watched Sagan and Dillier for the last 40 km. Didn't spot TLW1 at the end of Carrefour. I don't really need another excuse to fawn over Sags, but eh, isn't he special?
    I was on his right hand side
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Soggy in suburbia.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Rather moist here as well.
    sungod wrote:
    weather is of minging aspect
    Been absolutely gorgeous around here all day 8) :D

Finally sorted the feckin tubeless tyres first thing. Lots of satisfying pops and bangs as it seated itself. Won't be rushing to convert my road bike anytime soon.

Gave the car a good clear out driving over to Bangor for an easy ride up the Ogwen valley with the Mrs.
    Lunch stop in Bethesda (not as grim as I remember), up to zip world to watch some nutters coming down the wire head first, slatey ride down through the quarry then all downhill to the seaside for coffee, cake etc. and laughing at tourists who hadn't done the seagull training.

Back to the grind tomorrow.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Currently in airport on the way to start new job. Some months of travel coming up. :x

Weekend of trying to not aggravate pinched nerves in neck just added to the fun of preparation for it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Soggy in suburbia.

Been to the tip, got some supplies and now doing a bit of admin stuff. Next week is a trip North to get some stuff down the auctioneers so am trying to find a good one that isn't miles away. Will be hearing from the lawyer next week about next doors chav infestation, hopefully we'll be able to send them a nice little legal Exocet as the council appear to be doing sweet FA about it so far.

I know the promotion to the LFFA fell through, but I didn't realise times were so hard. :lol: