Giant Defy Advanced SL Di2/XTR

Livewire
Livewire Posts: 91
edited September 2018 in Your road bikes
Just upgraded group set to Di2 and brake callipers to XTR, I can honestly say that there is nothing more I "want" to change other than fitting my summer tyres. Summer shouldn't be to much further away :D

20180408_144155_zpsjehpvuv0.jpg20180408_143851_zpsp0ra0sev.jpg20180408_144235_zpsjywu5hka.jpg20180408_143740_zpshnh0th4n.jpg20180408_143751_zpsh6ehepkg.jpg

The saddle that came with the bike is so comfortable for me, I usually run a Fizik Alante VS but the giant saddle is as comfortable and lighter so no need to change it.

Comments

• Is there some particular reason you taken close up pics of those fugly discs?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Livewire
    Livewire Posts: 91
    Is there some particular reason you taken close up pics of those fugly discs?

Each to their own I guess, 6 bolt 140mm floating rotors are few and far between so my options were limited. However I am more than happy with the design of the rotor, they perform and look good IMO which is all that matters.
  • An old thread I know but!
    I have the SL0 version which has Di2 already so apart from the saddle (Just could not get on with Giant neutral saddle) and the tyres (2 punctures in as many miles on second outing made my mind up for me to change them for something more resilient) I wouldn't change a thing.
    Maybe the old pedals as took them off my previous bike and do not do the bike justice!
  • May as well update the thread:

A few changes made since last pictures added.

Integrated handlebar/stem
    Prologo Scratch 2 saddle
    Seat post shortened
    Stem lowered/cut
    New Chain
    36T Star Ratchet upgrade from the 18T (rear hub internals)

SLR%20Intergrated_zpsfls7hzhl.jpgBars2_zpsgaghwoo4.jpgBars_zpsnlvmpqat.jpgSaddle_zps9ldkhsem.jpg
  • Lovely machine and well specced. Criminally underrated bicycles too. Can imagine this is one smooth ride.
  • ww88
    ww88 Posts: 18
    That’s looks perfect!