'ning

decided to sneak in a day off

maybe gym, maybe a ride, definitely cafe-based activities
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    have fun

finally summoned willpower to go to the gym, will be out the door in a min, really have been slacking the last few months, cafes are so much easier
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunny dry but windy,I suppose we cannot have everything, shopping, cycling, gardening in that order
    Have a good day everyone
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice day out there, puppy had a decent walk so he is easy for the family as they depart off Home and I get picked up and taken to Roubaix :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

A glorious start to the day has turned into dark and cloudy. Luckily got a nice bike ride in to the office first.

Emails blah blah do this do this now even though I did it earlier in the week. Leave me alone.

Noticed my MTB had a flat tyre this morning. First tubeless bike, think I'll buy some sealant and hope for the best.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, absolutely knackered after spending the day yesterday 'walking' a potential road line in a very difficult forest in Argyll. Spent most of my time climbing in and out of deep gullies and trying not to lose an eye on branches. Muchos shouting was involved. The hound was hilariously tired last night.

Spending today trying to catch up on office malarkey, looking forward to beers later and destroying all my good weight loss work
    Noticed my MTB had a flat tyre this morning. First tubeless bike, think I'll buy some sealant and hope for the best.

I think unless you saw it go down fast you should be safe from something that sealant wont fix (a big gash or something), obviously check it for glass/nails and things though.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    A bit stiff from yesterday’s 4 and half walk to Helmsley, managed to avoid getting lost. I know we have mamil’s for mature cyclists, but what are white haired 70 plus bikers called. They seemed to have taken over North Yorkshire yesterday.
    Given it’s not raining another walk looks preferable to sitting on the turbo.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, bit dull compared to yesterday morning but its not raining or frozen so mustn't grumble etc.

Slow day in the office lots off for half term and time delay for the client means we all go home before they clock on this week huzzah! All systems appear go so shall be boring people at work about Roubaix more than likely.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Going into Oxford for an afternoon and evening of drinking, eating and more drinking. Tough I know but as somebody has to, I'll take it on.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Bit fresh this morning but not unpleasant, managed to ride in at least so that was good. Garmin seems to have gone haywire, back to miles but it has turned all the annoying bleeps back on.
    Very glad it's Fryday but unfortunately all my cafe buddies are off this week so just a breakfast sarnie for me today, later will be pub with the Mrs. Unfortunately her preferred option has shut for refurbishment so an alternative is in order.
    Well done 'loon, don't forget your beer goggles.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    Nice day out there, puppy had a decent walk so he is easy for the family as they depart off Home and I get picked up and taken to Roubaix :)
    Are you riding the sportive, or watching the race, or both?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Both- plus ale
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Decent sleep after last nights cider and curry. I need to make amends today so am going out running this evening with Stropteen who can just about keep up with me but only wants to run a couple of miles :roll: . So will have to do some extra laps once she has bailed.

We've signed Muttley up to some agility classes as well, so should be a good laugh tomorrow watching him someone trying to persuade him to do a cheap and cheerful doggy assault course :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    What's happened to MF? He's been very quiet lately.
  • sungod
    he's either banged up in dubai central, kidnapped by somali pirates, or in the seychelles

pinno has also gone awol, last heard of going into a soft play area, maybe he's having so much fun he stayed
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Both- plus ale
    The ale was taken as read! 8)
  • veronese68
    Piña's on holiday, at least he told us he was going. Well, I say holiday but he's still in Sweatland which is not my idea of a holiday.
  • veronese68
    Mrs is struggling with pub choice. Option 2 has the slackers of my Wednesday night lot taking an extended lunch, for some reason she thinks we're all idiots. I must say being with a load of blokes isn't conducive to a nice quiet drink with the Mrs. I have given her a choice of another half dozen pubs we could go to so should be alright. Just over 10 minutes to go, but who's counting?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Started sunny over in the East and now wet in the West. :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod wrote:
    he's either banged up in dubai central, kidnapped by somali pirates, or in the seychelles
    Or Alsager
    HaydenM wrote:
    I think unless you saw it go down fast you should be safe from something that sealant wont fix (a big gash or something), obviously check it for glass/nails and things though.
    That was a waste of an evening. The thing's sat outside in a puddle of something that smells like copydex because I can't pump it up fast enough to seat the bead.
    Been to tesco and bought some cheap pop in a 2L bottle. I'd rather be out riding but making a tubeless inflator isn't a bad use of a morning :mrgreen:
  • pinno
    edited April 2018
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Piña's on holiday, at least he told us he was going. Well, I say holiday but he's still in Sweatland which is not my idea of a holiday.

10 times better, cheaper, prettier, safer, cleaner, friendlier than stab central.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    he's ///kidnapped by somali pirate...

If that's the case, he'll be in his element except that we'll never hear the end of it.
  • sungod
    he'll soon be trundling around on a technical, blasting things and throwing them over fences
  • pinno
    Somalia can't be any worse than Wales.