Any excuse to get together for a drink

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,294
edited July 2018 in The bottom bracket
If there are going to be BB drinks any time we could have a common thread for them so they don't get lost in the daily threads.
Seeing as MF has screwed up his passport application or failed his psych test and isn't allowed up to the big smoke he won't be joining us but there are talks of drinks afoot. If Oxo is going to join us we should probably go more central as it seems unreasonable to force him to come out to the 'burbs, although Richmond Hill is always a winner for me of course. TLW is making noises of a meeting within the M25 which sounds dangerous. If Spinner were to join us that would be a surprise.

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Good idea.

I'm keen whenever. Except the Easter week. And Tuesdays. Otherwise, give me a bit of notice and I'll be there.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    I'd love to. Can you get SG to organise of those Webex things for drinks?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Can I send a cardboard cut out along in my stead?

I'll also send a small flip chart with choice phrases on and you just have to turn them over at regular intervals to pretend that I'm there - stuff like "stupid bloody stupid S5 stupid deign wish I'd have bought a Yonex", "clubbies are tossers", "Salbutamol/TUE abusing cheats", "I love TDNFNATN", "smells like Alsager in those loos", "bloody Eddy Jones, hopes he gets cracking migraines" and "imagine her in a lab coat" should cover it.

Just ply it with IPA and pork scratchings and it'll be fine for 95% of the night before collapsing silently and for no reason into a puddle of its own urine.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Sungod can host the WebEx we can all do a remote drinking session see how that works out.
  • veronese68
    Can I send a cardboard cut out along in my stead?
    Send Yossie.

What's this WebEx thing then?
  • Wheelspinner
    Step83 wrote:

Sungod can host the WebEx we can all do a remote drinking session see how that works out.
    Presumably I get the metaphorical short straw and have to start drinking at 6am to join in. Hmm.
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:

Presumably I get the metaphorical short straw and have to start drinking at 6am to join in. Hmm.
    Channel TLW and you'll be fine.
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

I thought he usually *stopped* drinking at 6am, not started??
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Its always happy hour somewhere
  • veronese68
    I didn't realise he ever stopped drinking.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    hopkinb wrote:
    Good idea.

I'm keen whenever. Except the Easter week. And Tuesdays. Otherwise, give me a bit of notice and I'll be there.
    That's a pity, we don't get to say CU Next Tuesday :)

I'm fine for Central London and can make it to Richmond if there are no people coming in from the sticks. Fridays are a no go generally, otherwise it mostly depends on what the EPO has planned to stop me enjoying myself.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That's a pity, we don't get to say CU Next Tuesday :)
    Thursday?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

I thought he usually *stopped* drinking at 6am, not started??
    Both. It's a 24 hour cycle.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I didn't realise he ever stopped drinking.
    Haven’t had a drink for twelve hours
  • Stevo_666
    I seem to remember that somebody is 'going to Hawaii' this month so I think we need to pull our fingers out and organise something :)
  • veronese68
    Who could that be? :oops:
    The pub nearest me has kindly laid on a beer festival for the weekend before the big day.
  • Stevo_666
    They're an enthusiastic bunch aren't they :)
  • veronese68
    It’s the nearest pub, not the one I frequent most often.
  • Stevo_666
    Anyhow, we're just waiting for the offers to turn up for your Hawaii birthday drinks to come pouring in...
  • veronese68
    Probably do something in early May.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good plan. As it's a milestone birthday, can we sign your zimmer frame? :P
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good plan. As it's a milestone birthday, can we sign your zimmer frame? :P
    I asked bg for advice and I've got one of these coming, you can sign that as I reckon the range will get me to the Roebuck, don't know how I'll get back though.
    folding-mobility-scooter.jpg
  • hopkinb
    I'm keen to celebrate your decrepitude with a beer or 3! I'll even give you a backie home. Keep me posted with dates.
  • veronese68
    Thanks for supporting me as I plunge rapidly into my dotage.
  • veronese68
    Having failed to organise drinks for my Steve McGarrett I think we should go for a drink either next week, the 19th of June or the week of the 25th of June when Stevo and I aren't getting grief about daughters and their GCSEs.
  • hopkinb
    Week of 25th looks very good.
  • Stevo_666
    Unfortunately Stropteen doesn't have her last GCSE until the 21st then we're off on hols the next day until end of the month. Let me have a word about earlier that week but July is a better bet for me tbh.
  • veronese68
    We're off 6th-25th of July. :-)
  • Stevo_666
    We're not very good at this are we :)

If you lot want to sort a beer in June I won't be offended.
  • veronese68
    One in June then one in August seems sensible.