thursday leaking continuum in aisle six

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

think i may take a day off tomorrow, upcoming project for gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc looking like it easily could turn into a nasty one, i must be alert and ready to strike
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, better morning here , it looks like we might see some sunshine for a change
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Last day of the holidays all together as the wife has just reminded me

Puppy walked, no run today as I’m resting the legs ready for the weekend. So bored and trying to wake everyone in the house

Today will involve fine wine and decent grub and our old favourite the pub
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    There is a strange thing in the sky here. So I might have to for a walk to keep in its good books, I might even venture on to pastures new if my map readings up to it.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Glorious morning, not a cloud in the sky. Lovely ride into work on singlespeed, not much traffic, road was only 4 inches deep in floodwater today which is good because I forgot my overshoes.

Sore after last night's run - was a stupid idea.
    TLW1 wrote:
    So bored and trying to wake everyone in the house
    A bit of DIY will sort that out.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    So bored and trying to wake everyone in the house
    A bit of DIY will sort that out.
    I would rather the wife did it ;)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, brisk one coming in parky but not a cloud in the sky for a change. Coffee is en route so im told but backup is primed in case.
    I feel an urge to get some kind of plant for my desk, don't know why.
  • tlw1
    Step83 wrote:
    Herbs?
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    commute in for first day of the week.
    long way in to catch back miles. home the long way too.
    same again tomorrow
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Lovely and sunny out there this morning, tad fresh though. Unfortunately I had to drive in as sloping off early for the second chest Xray to try and get to the bottom of this poxy cough.
    No Thursday hangover today in spite of going to the pub last night. Got to the usual boozer and half of it was closed off for a private party and the rest of it was rammed, so we headed to the second choice. Half way through a painfully slow walk as mate has done his back in again we bumped into another pub regular to be informed the second choice was shut. So ended up in the third choice pub after a long and painfully slow walk, much to my mates annoyance we walked passed his house to the nearest pub for him.
    Reasonably busy in the orifice today, wish I was on holiday.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    TLW1 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Herbs?

Basil, Rosemary an catnip all deter mossies which wouldn't be a bad idea overlooking a lake if I open the windows, the other herbs may reduce productivity. Though Id imagine the coffee grinder would get used lots.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Lovely and sunny out there this morning, tad fresh though. Unfortunately I had to drive in as sloping off early for the second chest Xray to try and get to the bottom of this poxy cough.
    No Thursday hangover today in spite of going to the pub last night. Got to the usual boozer and half of it was closed off for a private party and the rest of it was rammed, so we headed to the second choice. Half way through a painfully slow walk as mate has done his back in again we bumped into another pub regular to be informed the second choice was shut. So ended up in the third choice pub after a long and painfully slow walk, much to my mates annoyance we walked passed his house to the nearest pub for him.
    Reasonably busy in the orifice today, wish I was on holiday.
    You need to befriend one of these weird teetotal types then they can drive you all round the pubs.

It's the Easter hols so apparently I have to get up quietly to avoid waking a sleeping teenager which seems a bit unlikely to me as you can't drag them out at the best of times. I'm a bit tired to be going out for cider and curry tonight but I'm going to power my way through helped by the goodness of apple juice.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Still too sick to ride. Glorious sunshine, god obviously hates me.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Stevo, you know teetotal people? Personally I don't hang out with quitters.

Sun is shining, still smiling at the result last night. New wheels have arrived and puppy seems to now be house trained with several dry nights on the trot.

Trip to Belgium being sorted in early May to ride bikes
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You need to befriend one of these weird teetotal types then they can drive you all round the pubs.
    Did that once, got a teetotal vegetarian to drive us round on a pub crawl then made him take us to a kebab shop on the way home. He was complaining about the smell of kebab in his car for weeks. :lol:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Is it right to be mildly hung over at 1.35 on a Thursday? Not a full blown one, just a slight fuzz and the feeling that I could actually vomit if the mood took me.

Other than that, its sunny and I'm driving a desk.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Is it right to be mildly hung over at 1.35 on a Thursday?
    Yes, that's perfectly normal. So much so that if I don't have a real hangover I can get a hangover by proxy because I feel I should have one.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    It's all good then!

I might knock off at 4 and have a beer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • It's all good then!

Sounds like by 4 you'll need one.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    It's all good then!

Ironically I was in Pub number 4 by 4

Love holidays
  • veronese68
    X-ray done. Daughter has friends over so I’m off to a pub in Wombledon.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Happy days
  • Stevo_666
    Its Thursday and its cider o'clock :) Followed by curry o'clock later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Its Thursday and its cider o'clock :) Followed by curry o'clock later.

The missus must be really looking forward to later tonight then. :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Dutch oven time :D
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Veronese68 wrote:

Sean's wingman for the night?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Back in Wombledon for the last half hour or so myself. 4 hours 30 for the drive back from St Ives, including a biggish diversion for a closed section of the a303. Came back with mini and the dog, the rest of them are back tomorrow.