XDS bikes UK

oldbean
oldbean Posts: 4
edited April 2018 in MTB general
Recently found the XDS Boss 4 for sale in Australia......looks rather more interesting than the Giant Talon3 I was about to buy......But cannot find a retailer in Uk .Could it be known here under another brand?

I would like to import from China or Aus ...whoever will sell me one.
Anybody know the brand and anybody imported from China??

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why?

It has low end bits, and nothing special.

Looks like an OZ bike - can't see why anyone would import them here - dozens of similar options already.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • oldbean
    Thanks.....so what alternatives would you recommend?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Loads of what bike threads here.

viewforum.php?f=20005

The usual suspects would be Boardman or Voodoo from halfords, Calibre from Go Outdoors, or Btwin from Decathlon.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    That XD Boss 4 is about £600. There is a huge range of MTBs available here for that price.
    Going through the hassle of importing a relatively cheap bike from Australia or China seems a bit pointless.

As CD has said above have a look at some of the offerings from Halfords, Go Outdoors and Decathlon. Also look at some of the discount sites such as Paul's Cycles and Rutland Cycles.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • oldbean
    You are all correct .
    Just found the Bosnut Evo looks really good ..
    My question is that as I'm 78 I need all the help I can get on the hills (Not E bike yet) so Can I fit a 2x chain set in place of the 1x if I cant cope with 1x??
    Going to check out Go Outdoors next week ...their test ride is in the store ...I hope its large.
    Have fun all .
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Can you fit a 2x, no you can’t, you shouldn’t need to with the wide range cassette, but can always fit a smaller chainring if you need to, it has a 32 and you can get down to a 28 as a direct swap for less than £20.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.