Sram Red Aerolink brakes

David Tiger Red
David Tiger Red Posts: 3
edited April 2018 in Workshop
Hello all

I'm new to this forum don't know why I didn't join along time ago. Anyway I have a Specialized Roubaix sl4 elite & I have the Sram Red etap groupset which I love, I'm using Shimano 105 brakes in black but I would like to change them for the Sram Red aerolink brakes but they are in silver & part black I wish they made them in a all black version, does anyone know if its possible to have the silver parts painted black? As I like all parts to colour match.

Thanks David

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    there was a black edition of sram red brakes a few years ago, you might be able to find some on ebay

tbh the sram red brakes work but ok aren't the greatest for power/modulation, i swapped mine out for ee brakes, perform better, and of course they''re lighter, reason i mention them is the standard version is black
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Thanks for the info I have seen a set of them on eBay but recently were sold the black are rare to find all I can find are the silver version. Thank you for your help
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    If you have the 5800 brakes the Red ones are no better just lighter, i have both.
    Amazon are doing Red for 138 quid at the moment.