sunday constructing a pineapple-antipineapple collider

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cold and gloomy

the collider is clearly the answer to this appalling incessant cold, at non-relativistic velocity i estimate each collision would be about 2x10¹⁷ joules, that's got to warm things up, some high spf lotion may be required by those nearby
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , Gloomy and wet here dog walked already ,just wondering if I should go out in the rain or get the rollers set up , I will decide over another cuppa
    Jane is at work today so i am in charge of the catering, roast chicken it will be
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Big puppy walked whilst the sky looked odd, it wasn’t raining and the sky was blue!

Today is a run in a minute followed by a decent walk with the puppy and then an Easter egg hunt at a national trust, then bar hopping in the town
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Surfing lesson later. In the rain, though I don't suppose it will make me any wetter, as the sea is already mainly wet, with pockets of damp. Then dinner at the Gurnard's Head in Zennor, which is a lovely pub, despite being very yellow.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    It's warm and sunny on the sommerset coast. Surly a pineapple collider is just a bit juicer.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    'kin lurgies. Missus been down 'n' out for 3 days, on the mend today, now my throat is starting to hurt and glands are up.

When will this ever end? Will no one think of the missing bike rides?
  • sungod
    another cold and gloomy ride, with surprise rain that the forecast didn't mention, and even more potholes than last week

had some mad woman screaming abuse at me as i went past, wherever is between greenwich and shooters hill, is that alsager? perhaps it was v68's nutbag neighbour gone walkabout
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Good lie in. Now time for some exercise. After that, who knows...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Wet here even though it’s supposed to be dry. Visited grandson and family to drop off Easter eggs. Any attempt to do fitness type things are looking more unlikely as the missus keeps arranging family things.
  • Stevo_666
    Webboo wrote:
    Wet here even though it’s supposed to be dry. Visited grandson and family to drop off Easter eggs. Any attempt to do fitness type things are looking more unlikely as the missus keeps arranging family things.
    How's the shoulder coming along Webboo? This week coming I'm doing my first 2 wheeled commute into work since mid Jan.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Reasonably chilled day, traditional slow start was followed by a bit of pottering. Got the MTB out hoping to go for a ride when the EPO decided we should go for a walk. Took a stroll through Richmond Park and just had a late lunch at the ‘rents. Now more chilling.
    Not my hatstand neighbour SG, thankfully they’ve gone back to South Africa for a fortnight so we’re having a lovely quiet time.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    orraloon wrote:
    'kin lurgies
    I know, right. Three weeks out over Xmas and New Year, now I've succumbed again, coughing my guts out, pounding headache.

Not impressed.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph. That was several kinds of cold. Fine in the water with winter wetsuit, hood, gloves and boots. Getting out was hellish.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not my hatstand neighbour SG, thankfully they’ve gone back to South Africa for a fortnight so we’re having a lovely quiet time.
    You should play this very loudly on the stereo when they're back:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not playing it now as I’m at my folks, is it the song from Spitting Image I’m thinking of?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not playing it now as I’m at my folks, is it the song from Spitting Image I’m thinking of?
    You guessed right.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    How's the shoulder coming along Webboo? This week coming I'm doing my first 2 wheeled commute into work since mid Jan.
    It’s doing well according to physio when I saw him last Monday, other doing some basic pendulum movements. I still have to keep it in the sling night and day, although he did give me permission to take the sling off and rest it on cushions while watching television. Getting a bit bored with it now and it’s another two and half weeks till I see the consultant.
  • Sounds like the old folks falling to bits and just about alive forum in ‘ere :wink:
    Me and Mrs BBGeek had a nice walk on the shingle here on the Hampshire riviera. Maybe too much exercise, as she is now snoozing. We did have an epic chicken and bacon pasta with garlic and cheese sauce though. More wine needed, then book at bedtime.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • sungod
    It's warm and sunny on the sommerset coast. Surly a pineapple collider is just a bit juicer.

no mere juicer, total matter > energy conversion, like proton-antiproton but about 1.2 × 10²⁷ times more bangin'

if only we could harness that power etc.