'ning

looks like four days of nippy, with periods of soggy

nevertheless, i shall ride, quaff, and scoff

because
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, very soggy here as well Sungod, dog walking, cycling, taking the better half out
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot sleep despite ale

Off on holiday this morning, just need to collect the car, drop a reserve PR bike off at work and take the intended bike to the doctors
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Absolutely gopping out there. Awful. Cold, misty, raining.

Stuff this - I’m off to the Seychelles.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Damp and murky here. Backs a bit stiff after yesterday’s hike, not sure what’s on offer today. Although wife’s cousin has just dropped lots of free tickets to some of the local national trusts spots, so it might be visiting old buildings today.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Webboo wrote:
    Morning
    Damp and murky here. Backs a bit stiff after yesterday’s hike, not sure what’s on offer today. Although wife’s cousin has just dropped lots of free tickets to some of the local national trusts spots, so it might be visiting old buildings today.

I hate the National Trust, dreadful organisation. Enjoy the six thousand mile queues of old people moaning about stuff. It's a shame because they have some cool stuff

Anyway, I'm the only one working today, I take all my bank holidays as extra holiday so I'm saving them for a long weekend with the GF to make up for the 4 weeks of cycling I've had so far in this holiday period. Currently listening to Exile on Mainstreet and looking at bouldering mats. Considering going somewhere in our newly acquired camper conversion this weekend so I'll have to do some research
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Seychelles did you say, I heard a rumour of airside strikes. :lol::lol: followed by volcanic eruptions. Enjoy your holiday, you might even arrive safely with your luggage intact.

It’s ok - we’re taking our plane so we avoid all that. Means the Bambini can chill out and have a good sleep as well.

Will try and have a good one- ta muchly.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I checked my Wiki, and can't find a listing for a God of Mowing. Is there one? If not, I claim the title after today's effort.

New Mother Of All Mowers arrived yesterday, and after some nervous moments where I nearly took out the fence and gate getting used to the "steering", it was into the, er, paddock.

Several hours later I emerged victorious! 10 acres done! Bracken genocide has been committed, and about 5 million tufty clumps of grass are now sporting a rather fetching flat-top haircut.

Extra wine required to dull the aching kidneys which got pulverised in the process. :D

May reward myself with a day or three off.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    Oh balls. I need to buy a new lawn mower. There goes my dreams of getting the race bike running again...
  • Matthewfalle
    I checked my Wiki, and can't find a listing for a God of Mowing. Is there one? If not, I claim the title after today's effort.

New Mother Of All Mowers arrived yesterday, and after some nervous moments where I nearly took out the fence and gate getting used to the "steering", it was into the, er, paddock.

Several hours later I emerged victorious! 10 acres done! Bracken genocide has been committed, and about 5 million tufty clumps of grass are now sporting a rather fetching flat-top haircut.

Extra wine required to dull the aching kidneys which got pulverised in the process. :D

Rocking. Getting more jealous of your life every day. Pictures of new machinery please.

I will have a cocktail for you when I am in the Seychelles in 22 hours, 13 minutes and 8 seconds.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner

Rocking. Getting more jealous of your life every day. Pictures of new machinery please.

I will have a cocktail for you when I am in the Seychelles in 22 hours, 13 minutes and 8 seconds.
    h310-0789.ashx
  • Wheelspinner
    The cutting blades (3 of them) span 5 FEET across in one swathe...
  • Matthewfalle
    That is seriously cool. Pukka lush sweet.

Can you attach skulls to the ends of the blades? Flames down the side?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Plenty of time to watch Australian cricketers sandpapering their balls :P

Job, shopping etc for me today. May go for beer and curry tonight.

In other news boss to be got made redundant so pop goes the new job, but they've offered me a pay hike and a bonus as they were worried I'd be so hacked off I would just walk out the door and they want to keep me. Every cloud etc...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo 666 wrote:

In other news boss to be got made redundant so pop goes the new job, but they've offered me a pay hike and a bonus as they were worried I'd be so hacked off I would just walk out the door and they want to keep me. Every cloud etc...
    Lordy now, wouldn't watch the cricket even if they were playing fair.. lol.

Bummer about the job. I may have one starting up soon, which is also a bummer. Not keen on going back to work at all
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    April: In like a Lion and out like a Lamb. So they say.

That mower needs chrome and flames down the side and a big f*ck off exhaust.

Me just trying to do little me. Fooked. OH has other plans though.
    Why not take that Colnago effort for P-R TLW? It would be ideal. Although a proper C40 would be better :D

Report back later after I have survived all the pre hol prep, roasted the landlord and set fire to the woman who sold us a washing machine that was 'like new'.

At some point i'll have to wash the van. (Can fit my bike in it and go pedalling in the Borders if the weather doesn't piddle/snow on my chips).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Been forecast rain all day here and we've not had a drop, sunny out at the moment
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Rather moist and miserable out so I’ve been enjoying a slow start. Bach is giving me gyp so I probably shouldn’t do an DIY.
    Found a Ducati lump for that mower Spinner?
    Right, best I put the coffee on...
  • Matthewfalle
    listening to Billy Idol really loud while packing to go to the Seychelles.

forgot how good he was.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    Good shout
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Bummer about the job. I may have one starting up soon, which is also a bummer. Not keen on going back to work at all
    Yep, shi1t happens. While they are busy chucking 4,000 people out over there, job security is quite important and I've got that. May get another shot at this when the dust settles and they realise they still need someone to do the job. Would mean having a Japanese boss I don't know rather than a Brit expat boss I do know, but will just have to see what happens.

Btw like the roll bar on the mower - do they think their customers are going to drive irresponsibly? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yep, shi1t happens. While they are busy chucking 4,000 people out over there, job security is quite important and I've got that. May get another shot at this when the dust settles and they realise they still need someone to do the job. Would mean having a Japanese boss I don't know rather than a Brit expat boss I do know, but will just have to see what happens.

Btw like the roll bar on the mower - do they think their customers are going to drive irresponsibly? :)

Sorry to hear about the job but top news re job security. Slowly slowly catchy monkey .............

I’ll have a glass of wine for you in the Seychelles.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Cheers MF. Look at it another way, a pay rise and bonus for doing nothing new isn't too shabby :) There's always next time.

Enjoy the tropics.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    20180330_150735.jpg

View from my bedroom window, with all the surf I'm going to surf. It's not the Seychelles, but it'll do! :D
  • Stevo_666
    Disappointed with that. Where's the pic of the running MILF?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:

She arrives tomorrow. 8)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    That looks a lot nicer than here, been raining non-stop. Just been out to get some bread and it’s utterly dismal.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

She arrives tomorrow. 8)
    You have your mission for tomorrow :)
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    20180330_150735.jpg

View from my bedroom window, with all the surf I'm going to surf. It's not the Seychelles, but it'll do! :D

is that next door's masterbatorioum?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That looks a lot nicer than here, been raining non-stop. Just been out to get some bread and it’s utterly dismal.

same here - utterly yuk.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    HaydenM wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Morning

I hate the National Trust, dreadful organisation. Enjoy the six thousand mile queues of old people moaning about stuff. It's a shame because they have some cool stuff

Anyway, I'm the only one working today, I take all my bank holidays as extra holiday so I'm saving them for a long weekend with the GF to make up for the 4 weeks of cycling I've had so far in this holiday period. Currently listening to Exile on Mainstreet and looking at bouldering mats. Considering going somewhere in our newly acquired camper conversion this weekend so I'll have to do some research
    What pads are you considering, I have several of various ages and sizes, the best being a snap bun. However it’s heavy if your carrying it a long way.
    I have heard good things about Organic pads but they are pricey.
    Didn’t end up visiting old houses, visited wife’s brother instead plus a stroll round go outdoors. Bought some gaiters as now seem to spend my life ploughing through bogs and marshes.