Colnago C64 PKWH Dura-Ace Di2

gweeds
gweeds Posts: 2,550
edited July 2018 in Your road bikes
So, my dream bike. Saved hard for this and it's finally come to be. I picked up on Saturday but waited to have the final wheels fitted today. I rode it for the first time on Monday and it's a staggering bike. Just absolutely perfect in every way. I'm 6'1" amd 83kg and didn't chase weight as an end goal, but the spec is chosen for ride quality and performance first and foremost.

Build was by the superb http://www.servicedevelo.com in Botley, and done by the owner, Mark. I cannot say enough good things about them. Genuinely brilliant from start to finish.

40178284485_7024c2d279_o.jpg

40178284885_0aec08ce87_o.jpg

40178284735_a0a9f1edc2_o.jpg

40178283905_3c0b785fa8_o.jpg

40362851944_a12c73b6f5_o.jpg

40362851724_32c387df5a_o.jpg

27199724348_6a170d1282_o.jpg

27199724168_d1ec2b4b73_o.jpg

27199724088_645af454ba_o.jpg

40362852504_a73ebd0b77_o.jpg

Frameset - C64 PKWH 56”
Stem - 3T Apto Team Stealth 110mm
Bars - 3T SuperErgo Team Stealth carbon 40cm
Saddle - Fizik Antares R1
Wheelset - Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50mm Dark Label
Chainset - Dura-Ace 9100 52/36 175mm with 4iii power meter
Front Mech - Dura-Ace 9150 Di2
Rear Mech - Dura-Ace 9150 Di2
Calipers - Dura-Ace 9100 Direct Mount
Shifters - Dura-Ace 9150 Di2
Pedals - Dura-Ace 9000
Bottom Bracket - C-Bear Ceramic
Bar tape - Fabric Hex
Tyres - Continental GP4000S II 25mm
Tubes - Continental Race Light

We used the new bar-end junction box for a super-clean front-end.

Weighed as above 7.14kg
Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Comments

• shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Absolutely lovely and great snaps too. Am lusting after one of these but only just acquired my c59 and told my wife it was a forever bike. She laughed.

Couple of things:

Size wise it looks setup perfectly but strange that a 56s would fit you so well at 6ft1. I am 6ft exactly and ride a 54s but would really prefer a 52s.

Also the electric wire following the rear brake cable - I'd use shrinkwrap to hold them togetherrather than the plastic sleeve as it can rattle (I have it on mine and hate it).

What does the downtube cable entry port look like?

Didn't fancy the blue ;)
  • gweeds
    Almost went for the blue but this one edged it. The blue is lovely through for sure.

I started the sizing based on by existing bike which is bang on. The 54 was def too small for me. This has a 9.7cm drop and only that single 10mm spacer. I wonder if they’ve tweaked sizing now they’re not doing the sloping and trad sizes?

I’ll keep an ear on the wrapping there. Silent so far but thanks for the suggestion. Easy enough to sort if need be.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Enjoy the ride. Looks fantastic. I can't get enough of those dark label boras.
  • gweeds
    Thank you - much appreciated! The wheels are bloody lovely..
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    WOW. That is simply on.another.level.

Congratulations mate. That is a beautiful build. It all just works - love the detailing in the frame and the colourway.

No other words, other than ENJOY !
  • Gorgeous! And great photos too....enjoy!
  • Only in the UK would someones dream bike be Shimano on a Colnago
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • gweeds
    Only in the UK would someones dream bike be Shimano on a Colnago

Only on bike radar would you get a mean-spirited comment like that.

Tip for you. Rather than try and piss on someone’s chips how about just move on and read something else.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    She looks good, very good to say the least
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Gweeds wrote:

Tip for you. Rather than try and wee-wee on someone’s chips how about just move on and read something else.

It's your baby, set up how you want it. You're happy with it, why get offended?

You've also put it on the internet for the world to comment on, so you can expect comments!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • gweeds
    Gweeds wrote:

Tip for you. Rather than try and wee-wee on someone’s chips how about just move on and read something else.

It's your baby, set up how you want it. You're happy with it, why get offended?

You've also put it on the internet for the world to comment on, so you can expect comments!

Hardly offended. I’d have to care to be offended.

I just don’t see the point in leaving a comment like that on anyone else’s bike. It does nothing but leave a sour taste. Maybe that’s just me eh.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Classy looking build.

If it's any consolation my choice would have been Shimano or SRAM. Campagnolo spares are way too expensive.

How much clearance have you got with the 25's on the Boras. Any chance of fitting 28's?
  • gweeds
    arlowood wrote:
    Classy looking build.

If it's any consolation my choice would have been Shimano or SRAM. Campagnolo spares are way too expensive.

How much clearance have you got with the 25's on the Boras. Any chance of fitting 28's?

Cheers dude.

Masses. The frame will take up to 28mm tyres but they used GP4000 as test tyres when developing the frame and they measured 30mm actual with no problems.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    arlowood wrote:
    Classy looking build.

Someone with the cash to buy a C64 with that spec isn't likely to lose sleep over the price of a few chains and cassettes every once in a while. Besides which, Dura Ace stuff isn't exactly cheap either.
    Lovely bike btw.
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Great to see the C64 builds coming on now, congrats!

My OCD wouldn't be happy with Di2 and Boras but they're both great!

Interesting on the sizing too, I'm 6'1" too and have a plastic Colnago in 54s and a couple of metal ones in 58t.

I don't think the C series geo has moved on much since the introduction of sloping sizes with the C50.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • matt_n-2
    Comparing C60 v C64 in 56s:

C60 Stack 591 Reach 396
    C64 Stack 591 Reach 398

C60 Headtube 187
    C64 Headtube 182

C60 Top tube effective 580
    C64 Top tube effective 582

C60 Seat tube effective 600
    C64 Seat tube effective 619
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
  • gweeds
    I tried the 54s. Was immediately too small and cramped for me.
  • matt_n-2
    Yep were all different.

Enjoy the bike!
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
  • gweeds
    Thanks Matt!
  • kiteloopy
    kiteloopy Posts: 94
    Love this. Very envious!
  • pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    Incredible. The new DA with the Bora wheels are a perfect blend for this imo.
  • gweeds
    Thanks folks - and agreed on the DA and Boras
  • “Only in the UK would someones dream bike be Shimano on a Colnago”

Gweeds - spot on...I’ve stopped posting pictures of my bikes on here for exactly this reason. Rather than comment about what a beautiful looking bike it is, specced with real top end kit, or asking about ride quality, how the new Boras roll etc, they take pot shots about something so insignificant as which feckin’ gruppo it has on it.
    As others have said, it’s your build, your money and you have to live with it and ride it.
    Personally, I think it looks the dogs danglies!.....great bike, Enjoy!
  • kingdav
    kingdav Posts: 417
    I'm liking that a lot, thanks for posting. Colnago sell loads of bikes with Shimano pre fitted, so nobody should be losing any sleep over that, all down to preference. I'm liking sram at the moment. Just to add to the data, at 6ft, I ride a 54s or a 56 specialized.
  • matt_n-2
    I see your bike made the Colnago UK Facebook page too:

https://www.facebook.com/ColnagoUK/post ... 3755616110
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
  • gweeds
    Ha. I had no idea. Cheers for pointing that out
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    although i am biting my tongue over frameset/groupset mix it is very tasty indeed.

big phat hat.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • although i am biting my tongue over frameset/groupset mix

Problem pal?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • nammynake
    nammynake Posts: 196

Why not go all-in and start quoting the official “rules”? Why can’t one fit Shimano to a Colnago, out of interest, oh wise one?
  • gweeds
    “Only in the UK would someones dream bike be Shimano on a Colnago”

Gweeds - spot on...I’ve stopped posting pictures of my bikes on here for exactly this reason. Rather than comment about what a beautiful looking bike it is, specced with real top end kit, or asking about ride quality, how the new Boras roll etc, they take pot shots about something so insignificant as which feckin’ gruppo it has on it.
    As others have said, it’s your build, your money and you have to live with it and ride it.
    Personally, I think it looks the dogs danglies!.....great bike, Enjoy!
    kingdav wrote:
    I'm liking that a lot, thanks for posting. Colnago sell loads of bikes with Shimano pre fitted, so nobody should be losing any sleep over that, all down to preference. I'm liking sram at the moment. Just to add to the data, at 6ft, I ride a 54s or a 56 specialized.
    although i am biting my tongue over frameset/groupset mix it is very tasty indeed.

big phat hat.

Much obliged all