tuesday it's supposed to be automatic, but actually you have to press this button

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,517
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, unless time change psychic shock prevails, cafe, wfh, try not to kill too many more, unless they deserve it or it seems artistically justified

summon energy for evening on tiles
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, heavy rain this morning, dog walked just a short 20 minutes, he is now back in his bed,I am having my breakfast
    The job that was suppose to start this week as been cancelled,well put back to the 20 th April
    Have a nice day
  • Good luck Oxo
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Good luck oxo

Today is the current wife’s birthday and unfortunately I feel like poo :(

Nevertheless I will continue on bravely even though I want to go back to bed
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Yes, good luck Oxo.
    P1ssing down in The Creative County. No doubt the roads will be awash with dissolved carbon fibre.
  • ballysmate
    TLW1 wrote:
    Good luck oxo

Today is the current wife’s birthday and unfortunately I feel like poo :(

Nevertheless I will continue on bravely even though I want to go back to bed

What a hero! :lol:
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Enjoy it Oxo. Take a hip flask, it'll make a good impression.

Rain today, I feel strangely chipper this morning though because I went for a ride at Glentress last night after work in the daylight.I was hoping the hardtail would be faster than the other one on the blue trails but it's not, much much faster up the hills though. Need to fix the other mtb and find some steep rooty sloppy tracks to bounce down now the rain is here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    The train is slow as **** this morning - probably the wrong sort of rain. Busy day awaits.

Best of luck Oxo, first day will soon be over.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Day 2 of the post jab-in-the-eye (back on that programme again dammit) discomfort. Sometimes the reaction is ok, sometimes not so, this time is a not so. Not going to work, chucking it down anyway, recuperation and rest it...and keep off the screens. Audio podcasts are my friend.

Can you tell I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Good luck Oxo, Loon and TLW need it as well by the sounds of things.
    I'm a little bit moist this morning, had to ride in as the Mrs is taking the girl child in to school for another maths mock first thing. She's then coming over here as I need the car to take the old man to the oncologist later. Only had one cup of tea so far, where's my tea wallah?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    We seem to have reversed seasons whilst I was a sleep round here. Physio yesterday said my shoulder was progressing well and I am now allowed to take my arm out of the sling to rest it on a cushion when sitting. Which given today’s weather might be all I do.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    edited March 2018
    Good luck Oxo, just remember not to sit staring at female staff just yet, give it a couple of days.

Soggy one today felt like I should bring some rubber ducks an set them down in the water filled potholes. not much occurring today bar confirming many containers found their way back onto an aircraft though ill likely delegate that.

Just occurred to me, rice pops are not in the slightest way filling as im starving and missed the little phat pastie van that comes round. Cake hunt shall begin!

Oh, remembered when I was in my LBS the other week an they have some Cipollini framesets hanging up, a little funding pot may need to be started.
  • haydenm
    Gah, I was up early to get some work done from home for the boss as there was some time pressure. I've just checked everyone else's diary for this office and it looks like there's no point in going in now, everyone seems to be out this afternoon.

I have a few bits to chug through but today will be made significantly better by the quality of the coffee and these absolutely huge bloody speakers the GF's dad gave me to go with the absolutely huge bloody TV he gave us last year (once I've wired them up anyway). Might go for a wet run around the woods at lunch, then fix the big mtb and see if I can actually ride down the new track I built* behind the house on the weekend, it was way too steep for clipped pedals/hardtails...

*I say built, really I slid down the hill on my ar*e dragging a rake behind me...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

this morning i have learnt how to stop a nosebleed and put on a plaster.

#knowledgeispower
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    goodluck Oxo - smash it for us.

remember SOPs for attractive colleagues.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Already!?! But it's only 10.30, that's a tough course you're on.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:

As someone who gets these on an all to frequent basis, neither tipping your head back nor forward helps, back your end up swallowing it forward it tends to just leak. Just sit back slightly and cool yourself down breathing in through your nose an out through your mouth.
    Though if a plaster if to be used roll it up tightly and wedge it in. alternatively heat a metal rod and whack it up the offending nostril (best used on others not yourself)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    What is the new job? why does he need luck? surely his talent will get him through the day. That is why he was hired wasn't it?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    ciao

#knowledgeispower
    MF, shouldn't you know this stuff already in your line of work? It's like me going a course to learn what debits and credits are.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:

30 minutes on paper cuts and putting some one in a recovery position

I AM DOOGIE HOWSER

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    Bike parts or holiday with GF?

Considering I've just got back from Tenerife, have a week touring booked in May, bought a new mtb and the GF has been having a bit of a rubbish time of it recently I should really book a holiday

BUT

I have a woefully low spec Supersix to upgrade, at least to 105. It's currently got 'nice' wheels and a Tiagra/FSA rubbish mix

Has anyone got any advice? 105 or Ultegra? Will a Campag athena carbon chainset work with 10 spd 105?
  • Matthewfalle
    carbon campag chainsets at 75 pounds at Merlin will work prtfect.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ciao

#knowledgeispower
    MF, shouldn't you know this stuff already in your line of work? It's like me going a course to learn what debits and credits are.

yup - its a tad below what I do :)

i'm about to start doing civvie instructing so have to do this to see the level: its me and 17 civvy office workers who have never done anything before. you can imagine how that round of name/job/first aid experience ice breakers went.

have just spent the last few days instructing a bunch of guys on their way out to Somalia and have now spent 30 mins being told how to put a sling on.

i know one of the instructors and she laughed when she saw me here, slowly shook her head and walked off. the other instructor thinks she is a consultant surgeon, shes actually a bad first aid instructor, and doesn't have a scooby - everything she says is either out of date or wrong, but hey, it's their gig so leave them to it.

actually a tad surprised at how low the level is.

one fit burd here though so thats nice. she has been smiling at me so i'll take it as a compliment rather than her pitying me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    A nice level screed is being poured tonight, lets see how long it lasts until a set of paw prints are in it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm

That's the ticket. To be honest I'm really upgrading for stiffness, Ultegra might be a better bet. The current cranks seem to be made out of really heavy cheese
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

That's the ticket. To be honest I'm really upgrading for stiffness, Ultegra might be a better bet. The current cranks seem to be made out of really heavy cheese

Nah. Campaign carbon. Do it. Do it. Do it. Buy it now. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it now.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Cheers Folks, your thoughts are appreciated. A few days of mainly pointless induction courses to complete and sorting out workwear
    Are you a stripper?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    TLW1 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Cheers Folks, your thoughts are appreciated. A few days of mainly pointless induction courses to complete and sorting out workwear
    Are you a stripper?
    POIDH.
  • ballysmate
    orraloon wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Are you a stripper?
    POIDH.

Pray God NO!!!
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Are you a stripper?
    POIDH.

Pray God NO!!!
    Had all the sexual excitement you need this week?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    I'm with Flan here. You don't need luck Oxo, you need a tea wallah.

Campag chainset although replacement chainrings are pricey but yes, 10 or 11 speed chainset will work and... 11 speed chains on 10 speed transmissions work perfectly and last longer.

Me doing silly jobs me. Bit more plumbing to do. Need to paint the new fuse box box that I finished today.

Then Siberian holidays by the looks of the wevver. :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!