monday don't it make ya, make ya wanna, open up and bleed

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee and a croissant, do stuff, bail

with easter coming i'm hoping for the noise level to drop for a week or two, there's a limit to my tolerance
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty start to the day , dog walk , newsagents, breakfast for starters and obviously a bike ride some time today
    Have a good week
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot sleep which is pants, long commute in on the ss today
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Short run this morning, legs didn't want to go anywhere.
    Tyre shopping at lunchtime. Expecting a bargain GP4000s II, will probably end up with an Ultra Sport.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

just about to start a 3 day first aid at work course: paper cuts, burns from cups of tea, that sort of thing. Top stuff.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    morning
    frosty commute in.
    may be n-1 this evening. hoping to get purchase permission to correct that this weekend.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Decidedly weary this morning after a dreadful sleep. Was completely knackered but head was spinning with this business with the neighbours. Going round to meet their builder and architect this evening. We are going to try to appeal to their better nature, assuming they have one. I'd rather murderise them to death but the Mrs won't let me. She says I'm not even allowed to kick them in the pussy a little bit.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Legs a bit stiff from yesterday’s walk, managed to avoid getting lost this time and even found a crag that I failed to spot on a previous walk.
    Today is a turbo session then a bus trip to the physio.
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Decidedly weary this morning after a dreadful sleep. Was completely knackered but head was spinning with this business with the neighbours. Going round to meet their builder and architect this evening. We are going to try to appeal to their better nature, assuming they have one. I'd rather murderise them to death but the Mrs won't let me. She says I'm not even allowed to kick them in the pussy a little bit.
    Aren't they paying for your Party Wall surveyor to do the murderising?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, joined V68 on the crap nights sleep, I'm blaming the clocks going forward for that one.

Had an urge on the way in for a bottle of Sprite for some reason, local shop only had 7up so it'll do, was going to drive in on account of now rather tired legs but the car has developed a tick, the evil timing chain kind of tick so shall be checking the garage warranty on that one tonight!

V68, have the approached you about having a survey done as to the affect on your side? My concern with lowering the ceiling height is they are going to need to partially rebuild the adjoining wall and likely underpin it if the plan on lowering the ceiling so depending on the property it could actually be a major alteration.
    I'm still a firm supported of the expanding foam idea, but surely a less messy solution would be venting carbon monoxide into their property, less obvious etc.
  • veronese68
    Aren't they paying for your Party Wall surveyor to do the murderising?
    Possibly, if they agree to delay the work until daughter has done GCSE's we will be nice and use the same surveyor. If they insist on starting next week we are going to be difficult, make them pay for a separate surveyor and insist they wait the statutory 2 months, if they touch the party wall we can get a court order to stop them.
    Step, there are various questions that have arisen. The plans say they are going to lower the ceiling and put the new one on the existing beams. But the existing beams are higher of course. Various other issues that need to be answered as well. The CO was suggested by SG as well, could be the way to go.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lovely ride in. Shame the destination was work. Going to make myself semi-useful this morning. Only a 4 day week, then a drive down to Cornwall on Friday for a week of fish & chips, pasties, clotted cream & Moomaid of Zennor ice cream. Might get in the sea for a spot of surfing to burn off the calories.
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The CO was suggested by SG as well, could be the way to go.
    Worrying how that's been suggested twice now!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The CO was suggested by SG as well, could be the way to go.
    Worrying how that's been suggested twice now!

Great minds etc... Of course theres plenty of other non invasive methods if the current loft is shared (something in older houses) all you need to do is drop some mercury or lead into the cold water tank, Mercury is preferable as it wont be absorbed by the tank piping nor the sink/bath but it will absorb readily into the skin. Mad hatter syndrome anyone?

It does all seem a little vague from that you've said. If they don't want to be nice then yes be difficult they can easily wait till after her GCSE's its not like she can put them back.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Builder stuff happening, windows being fitted, walls being plastered, roof lead going in.

Then I have the joy of sticking down about 43m2 of underfloor heating insulation.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Sore back, sore neck, sore arms, and all from a bit of garden cleaning-up yesterday. :x Plus it was surprisingly nippy overnight.

Slept in to compensate, followed by a lazy morning of coffee and (web) surfing.

Bought some new light bulbs this afternoon. Woohoo! Dinner of roast chicken and veg. Now sitting near the fire on third glass of cab sav.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    Step83 wrote:
    Mercury is preferable as it wont be absorbed by the tank piping nor the sink/bath but it will absorb readily into the skin. Mad hatter syndrome anyone?
    i think someone already tried that, now they're absolutely barking
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Working at home as getting car serviced and MOT'd. Plenty to do mind. Next up is getting some lunch made with whatever's in the fridge.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    It does all seem a little vague from that you've said. If they don't want to be nice then yes be difficult they can easily wait till after her GCSE's its not like she can put them back.
    The thing that annoys me about it is that they have known about this since last summer and not said anything. We had heard them talking in the garden about having the work done this summer which would have suited us. They have now found a cheap builder that wants to start now so have suddenly decided to rush it through.
    Add into it the ongoing issues with our daughter and this chronic fatigue thing and it really isn't helping, it's going to be hard enough to get her through her GCSEs without this on top. Yet when we tried to talk to them before the harridan said she couldn't understand why we were being so difficult.

I think SG might be right, maybe their previous neighbours had similar problems.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Report the harridan to social services for emotional neglect/ abuse of the kids she keeps screaming at, she will have little time to organise any building work then.
  • thistle_
    Hmm, another bike shop seems to have closed down. Website still says they are open too :?
  • tlw1
    Hmm, another bike shop seems to have closed down. Website still says they are open too :?
    :(

Had to play hunt the bike shop today as I broke a spoke on the way
  • veronese68
    Good news and bad news. Good news is we managed to convince the neighbours to delay the building works until after female child’s GCSEs. Harridan was clearly unhappy about it but husband understood and said it was only two weeks difference so not a problem. Harridan glared at him and started to protest, then their architect (another neighbour) agreed it wasn’t unreasonable and said he didn’t realise daughter was still unwell. Harridan then said no because they had the builder lined up. Builder said it wasn’t a problem. Harridan severely upset but couldn’t kick off with so many people there.
    Bad news is I can’t really murderise them to death.
    Overall a good result. I suspect husband of harridan Iain trouble though.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Wedding anniversary yesterday. Big meal, stop over in hotel and obligatory sex.
    Well, she did ask nicely... :lol:
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:

Evans and Bike Factory didn't have any tyres I wanted, hardly had any tbh. 69 isn't open on Mondays, but he's closing this week too.

Got a pair of GP4000 from Halfords in the end £24 each. No wonder the small shops are shutting.
  • veronese68
    Happy anniversary friend of Bally. Is that it for this year or do you get a birthday shag as well?
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Ballysmate wrote:

Did she chuck her head back laughing and then said give me the boom boom?
  • ballysmate
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Happy anniversary friend of Bally. Is that it for this year or do you get a birthday shag as well?

Perhaps that is why the monarch has an official birthday. It was probably devised by some past king to get an extra shag.

Just hope that the missus isn't getting more shags than me. :lol:
  • ballysmate
    Ballysmate wrote:

Did she chuck her head back laughing and then said give me the boom boom?

At least she didn't stick her fist up my ar5e like that Derek Fowlds and Roy North.
    Bastards!!
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:

Evans and Bike Factory didn't have any tyres I wanted, hardly had any tbh. 69 isn't open on Mondays, but he's closing this week too.

Got a pair of GP4000 from Halfords in the end £24 each. No wonder the small shops are shutting.
    I work near the Halfords and they said they could fix the spoke for me - great service from the Bike factory
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Who did she ask?

Happy anniversary