UKIP leadership: from joke to farce, via slightly creepy.

debeli
debeli Posts: 583
edited April 2018 in The cake stop
A party that started as a slightly grubby pretence at not being racist little-Englanders has managed to dig down from the bottom of the political barrel. Quite a feat .

The true love of the current leader has been moonlighting from her full-time fascination with self to share some pretty dreadful views with a friend... albeit a year or two ago.

This is not the leader of a fringe political party, but the girlfriend of same... nonetheless, it does seem to shed some light on what you hear from many Kippers when you scratch beneath the varnish or the fake tan.

Bizarre and grim views to hold... although perhaps slightly more civilised than those held by the White Pendragon cabal who went off like a stale fart at The Mayor of London yesterday....

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Awful people.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    People should stop being surprised that racists are racist.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,585
    People should stop being surprised that racists are racist.

Yup. What were you expecting?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Stupidly I followed a couple of links from the reporting on Sadiq and the Trumplings. Rather quickly into a rather perturbing and strange world of racist bellends, and as quickly got myself out. Sad times. And sad that the internet has allowed these a-holes to shout at each other in larger collectives rather than grumble to themselves in the corner of the pub as in the good old days, whenever that was.
  • Well, I for one am shocked that a member of a party full of racists has said racist things.

Even more shocked that their leader may have to step down just days after a certain ex leader of theirs has hinted he may have to deal with another referendum.

Which shockingly comes at a time that said ex leader has had his pay slashed and may be looking for new ways of getting money.

Shocked, I tell you.
  • Do people only join UKIP to get rid of their foreign wife?
  • debeli
    Do people only join UKIP to get rid of their foreign wife?

Wasn't the current guy previously a LibDem candidate?

Quite apart from wondering what sort of Damascene Volta face can change a man from the LibDems to UKIP, I find that in his case it might be a case of turning all UKIP and then waking up one morning and saying "Aaargh! An immigrant in my house!"

I believe that Farridge was already a twirly-eyed BritainFirster before he married, but this current chap has had a sort of cook's tour of all the possible lifelong political affiliations.

Anyway... sorry for asking such a fact question in the OP. I shall write myself a cease and desist letter.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Debeli wrote:

Quite apart from wondering what sort of Damascene Volta face can change a man from the LibDems to UKIP, I find that in his case it might be a case of turning all UKIP and then waking up one morning and saying "Aaargh! An immigrant in my house!"

I believe that Farridge was already a twirly-eyed BritainFirster before he married, but this current chap has had a sort of cook's tour of all the possible lifelong political affiliations.

Anyway... sorry for asking such a fact question in the OP. I shall write myself a cease and desist letter.
    You've got a bl00dy nerve, coming on here, starting a chat about something I already know everything there is to know about it from the Daily Mail. I've had a chat with the mods about this 'New Thread' button, so from now on anybody who presses it gets an electric shock, just try it and see. :wink::D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rick_chasey
    "Oh look how awful UKIP are, terrible terrible terrible"

"what a joke"

"waste of space; not even competent"

*engages entire political and civil service efforts into enacting the one thing UKIP actually want*
  • Debeli wrote:

Some people are arch pragmatists when they see a route to power. Tony Blair springs to mind. Power, ego, legacy.
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    Cake and arse party.
  • Once Bexit is done with and we are all living in a post apocalyptic dystopia, everyone will forget about UKIP As the new UKPLUBITEU party takes hold
  • debeli
    It is a bit rich for me to raise my eyebrows at the BBC for having H Bolton on the Today programme this morning, as I am also prolonging this absurdist melodrama (albeit to a smaller audience) by bleeting on about him.

But 2 points:

1. Today Programme, your interviewer was taking a line so close to a mocking mickey-take that you might be thought to be losing some of your impartiality.

2. Mr Bolton, the most heavy-footed satirist could not make you up. They are not interviewing you out of genuine curiosity. The sham interest in your wacko party, your poisonous friend and your own tragi-comic tailspin ego trip gone awry are about the audience laughing at you, not agreeing with you. Please learn to read the tea leaves.

I admit to finding some guilty pleasure in this public humiliation of unpleasant and egregious toss-wanglers like Bolton and Marney and their bizarre non-racist racist fellow travellers, but surely they should be told....
  • rick_chasey
    Pretty good coverage for a party with no MPs.
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    UKIP are no longer needed. They set out to start the process for UK independence, won the referendum, job done. They came, saw and conquered then p1ssed off, end of!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    RallyBiker wrote:
    UKIP are no longer needed. They set out to start the process for UK independence, won the referendum, job done. They came, saw and conquered then p1ssed off, end of!

UK independence from what? I’m pretty sure the UK has been independent for centuries.
  • RallyBiker
    Pross wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:

UK independence from what? I’m pretty sure the UK has been independent for centuries.
    Oh God, do I need to spell it out! :roll: :roll:
  • Pross
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:

Not really, there’s no point in someone spelling something out if they are so stupid they think you need independence from an organisation you opted to join and where you had a big say on the decisions it made.
  • RallyBiker
    Once Bexit is done with and we are all living in a post apocalyptic dystopia, everyone will forget about UKIP As the new UKPLUBITEU party takes hold

https://youtu.be/gZaAkuXTIz4
  • RallyBiker
    Pross wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:

Not really, there’s no point in someone spelling something out if they are so stupid they think you need independence from an organisation you opted to join and where you had a big say on the decisions it made.

Yes but you're the minority in that belief, otherwise we wouldn't be leaving! :D
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,735
    Independence. Leaving a business & political partnership.
    Two entirely different things.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    PBlakeney wrote:

I wouldn't bother, there are some idiots who fell for the whole Federal States of Europe thing and genuinely believe we were being governed by the French or Germans in some neo colonial style. They don't realise the EU is an alliance.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,735
    Pross wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

I wouldn't bother, there are some idiots who fell for the whole Federal States of Europe thing and genuinely believe we were being governed by the French or Germans in some neo colonial style. They don't realise the EU is an alliance.
    Worse than that, all the things they want sorted were in the domain of the UK Government.
    Good luck with getting things changed. :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    doesn't matter any of that - blue passports fellas, you got blue passports (albeit printed in France).
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    So glad my passport runs out this year. I can avoid the bloody blue passport for a bit longer.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    cougie wrote:
    So glad my passport runs out this year. I can avoid the bloody blue passport for a bit longer.
    Is that because you are a true patriot and want a British passport that's British or because you are a traitor and want a British passport that's European? I get confused by these things and I don't know if holders of blue passports will be traitors for having foreign passports.
    Looking forward to getting my Italian passport to avoid all of this confusion. :lol:
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Veronese68 wrote:
    cougie wrote:
    Is that because you are a true patriot and want a British passport that's British or because you are a traitor and want a British passport that's European? I get confused by these things and I don't know if holders of blue passports will be traitors for having foreign passports.
    Looking forward to getting my Italian passport to avoid all of this confusion. :lol:

and is it subversive to point out that most people thought their old passports were black
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You'll be fine headed for a holiday in Europe. What happens when you need to get home? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You'll be fine headed for a holiday in Europe. What happens when you need to get home? :wink:

Carry both & swap.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Carry both & swap.
    Exactly.