edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

wait for it to get light, ride on dry roads for a change

maybe celebrate with a cafe stop involving bacon
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    I have drawn the short straw of doing the early shift after the clocks go forward. Woke at 2:00 am as my brain/body clock wanted to be sure my automaticly updating alarm clock had gone forward.
    I doubt I'll want to do any riding after work!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry mild and dark but who cares, dog already walked not many people about this morning , just having breakfast and coffee , after being overheated on the bike yesterday I might have to wear less today, roll on summer :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Mild? 0.5 degrees here!

Off riding shortly, just need to get out of bed, followed by some swimming.
    Should warm up later, sunshine is forecast.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Mild? 0.5 degrees here!

You doing the reliability ride?
  • tlw1
    Our plan of leaving a mates house at 10pm failed, so today is a bleary reliability ride on the best bike as it’s loverly out there

Later is gp and a snooze whilst waiting for the family to come back from her side all going out for lunch

Later is local where I will continue to put beer on my tab and see when the landlord asks for payment
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Mild? 0.5 degrees here!

Yeah, watch out for the obvious mountain biker on a CAAD.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning peeps. Sun streaming through the windows, looking good for lads football match in a bit. Doggy hunting laters and maybe go out on my CX bike if I change the tyres. Enjoy the start of summer.
    What sort of mutt are you looking for Oxo?

Had decent and needed sleep in spite of the clocks changing. Luckily my clever watch adjusted itself overnight so no confusion/panic in other parts of the house. Now relaxing on the sofa with the hound.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Glorious here, a bit fragile after last nights meal out.A walk in and out of various dales is on the cards. I will try avoid getting lost this time.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    oxoman wrote:
    Staffy cross or labradoodle something which either doesn't shed hair a lot or has a coarse coat as OH and eldest suffer with allergies to fine furred mutts but ok with coarse coated ones. Couple of rescue centres booked in this afternoon. Seems like a right PITA to adopt one as well. Anything to keep the family happy I suppose.
    Most poodle crosses like ours don't really shed.

Whether you want a doodle type or a staffy type depends whether you want the dog to get attention from people. Ours gets random kids wandering up and stroking him because he looks soft.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Another gloriously sunny day here. Not really enjoying it yet.Too goosed. I think a couple of days of won't be sufficient recovery so i'll just keep soldiering on until the Easter break.
    Apparently, it could go cold again for the Easter weekend. B4stards.

GW on Eurosport later so toots swimming will be earlier.

More coffee is required.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Had friends over for dinner last night which was a hefty blow to the wine stocks, but they did bring over a big mulcher chipper machine to loan...

Rained all morning of course as a result. But after some basic mechanical fix up, got the machine going this afternoon in time for sunny change, powered through a pile of stuff which is now reduced to constituent molecule size stuff... excellent..
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being enjoyed. No hangover thankfully but I am rather tired to say the least. Off to the ‘rents later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    first ride of summertime accomplished, no sunshine but dry roads were nice, had scrambled eggs, toast and bacon along the way

roads closed for yet another runnist event, ok going around it outbound, coming back the traffic was grim, when runners swarm it's clearly time for a cull
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Who changed those clocks? Sunshine? Wot? An opportunity finally to get the re-wheeled and re-fettled summer bike out for that oft postponed bedding in ride. Gent Wevelgem on record, watch later with sound off to avoid the Kirby inanities and play ooh been there, spot the location bingo.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Mild? 0.5 degrees here!

Yeah, watch out for the obvious mountain biker on a CAAD.
    The one smilling :D

Nice to meet you properly, I bailed halfway round and saw the family before they went off to visit her family and the went out on the cx singlespeed in prep for Paris Roubaix

Now chilling watching the gp and waiting for the family to get back before we go to the local
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Nice to meet you properly, I bailed halfway round and saw the family before they went off to visit her family and the went out on the cx singlespeed in prep for Paris Roubaix

Now chilling watching the gp and waiting for the family to get back before we go to the local
    Yeah likewise. Didn't see anyone else familiar all day.

I hung back at queens head due to the queue of cars behind, then kept another guy company as you lot pedalled off into the distance.
    Second group caught me, but after sticking with them for ~30 miles I binned them off, didn't like their style, only me pointing out potholes meant I've trashed a tyre and another guy pinched.
    Found another straggler later on who knew the route, except he didn't and short cut it all so after finishing 4th I had to go back and do the bit I missed making it 65 miles excluding the ride from home :/

Nice route though and weather was fab despite the sub zero start.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Staffy cross or labradoodle something which either doesn't shed hair a lot or has a coarse coat as OH and eldest suffer with allergies to fine furred mutts but ok with coarse coated ones. Couple of rescue centres booked in this afternoon. Seems like a right PITA to adopt one as well. Anything to keep the family happy I suppose.
    Most poodle crosses like ours don't really shed.

Whether you want a doodle type or a staffy type depends whether you want the dog to get attention from people. Ours gets random kids wandering up and stroking him because he looks soft.

Kids and women in the case of my mutt. If I were of a rogueish inclination, I'm sure I could make hay.

Long walk with the kids, wife and dog in Richmond Park. Visited the place where my daughter's ashes are scattered, left her some flower petals and some happy thoughts.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, lovely day on the bike, took a friend out who claimed he was a good hill climber so I found some, turns out he isnt quite as good as he made out. Still, 70K an 900m of climbing not a bad day I'd say.
    Plan for the evening, dooze.

Dog wise Doodles or border terrier id say.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    orraloon wrote:
    Gent Wevelgem on record, watch later with sound off to avoid the Kirby inanities and play ooh been there, spot the location bingo.

Don't worry, it was Hatch in the box.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Nice lazy weekend. I mowed a lawn, and that's about it apart from cooking and drinking.
    Roll on the four day week...
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    Feck, pals in the pub = bad idea

Bright side, cycling in to work tomorrow and the landlord still hasn’t asked me to pay my tab