Gore

rokt
rokt Posts: 493
edited March 2018 in Road buying advice
Can anyone give me an idea on Gore sizing in comparison to Castelli.

Thank you.

Comments

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Rokt wrote:
    Can anyone give me an idea on Gore sizing in comparison to Castelli.

Thank you.
    gore medium will be a medium person. Castelli medium will be a medium Italian cyclist.
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Castelli is at least one size smaller than any other manufacturer.
  • glynrs2
    glynrs2 Posts: 4,143
    I would say my measurements are generally medium build with 39 inch chest and 32 inch waist.
    Gore medium fits me well, but in Castelli I am a large
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,624
    As above, I'm medium Gore, large Castelli. 39 chest, 32 waist.
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    That’s great, thank you.

I also need a large in Castelli, but looking at the size charts for Gore I honestly wasn’t sure.
    Looks like medium it is, once again, thank you.
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Gore gear, as stated, is true to size. Castelli is a size or two down. I own fair bit of Gore Xenon which is a race fit and is top quality.
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Mr Dog wrote:
    Gore gear, as stated, is true to size. Castelli is a size or two down. I own fair bit of Gore Xenon which is a race fit and is top quality.
    Gore stuff is under-rated and unfashionable but indestructible, I have a pair of longs I commute in all winter for the past 5 years and a gore windstopper with zip off arms still going strong after 8 years. Still using my gore summer mitts after 4 years.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,624
    Mr Dog wrote:
    Gore stuff is under-rated and unfashionable but indestructible, I have a pair of longs I commute in all winter for the past 5 years and a gore windstopper with zip off arms still going strong after 8 years. Still using my gore summer mitts after 4 years.

Agreed.

Maybe not seen as the coolest brand out there but probably the best made. The Windstopper garments in particular are of a superb quality.