saturday poisoning fission cores with hot xenon 135

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,516
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

plan: ride, quaff coffees, laze

will it be soggy? conflicting weather forecasts, they probably need more petaflops
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning

Off to play in the dirt today I think, heading to wherever has the lowest % chance of rain within 2 hours of home.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it was spitting about with rain when I walked Tigger, roads slightly damp , so will be heading out soon , if it’s fine later I will finish off tidying the garden up,if it’s raining I might try a drink or two
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Nice long walk with the puppy, now enjoying tea before PlayStation with the kids. Next dad’s taxi stuff and potentially over to friends for dinner
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    My head hurts, can’t imagine why.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Damp and gloomy here. Not sure what’s on the agenda first thing, later is a mates 70th birthday meal. Which is frightening to think how old everyone is now. The positive side is he mentioned doing an 80 mile ride last week which is majorly impressive given less than six months ago, he was having titanium rods put in his back after crashing in the Alps.
    I might give the turbo another go.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,413
    Decent lie in but still not feeling too good. I suppose I should head home soon.

Good night last night but don't remember getting back to the hotel.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Meh, don't give into the hangover- ran more miles than hours kip and now arranging to meet a pal in the pub, too early?
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo gave you a date rape drug?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Nah, wouldn't be his head hurting in that case.

Hung a few pictures up this morning. Had friends over for dinner. Just finished cleaning up. Time to crash before midnight for a change.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Now feeling human again but having to sit through junior and co torturing musical instruments for another hour or so as some form of punishment for last night. I tried to nod off in the first half but it didnt work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

It's his head that hurts, not his bum.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Now feeling human again but having to sit through junior and co torturing musical instruments for another hour or so as some form of punishment for last night. I tried to nod off in the first half but it didnt work.

Been there, done that. But thankfully not on a Saturday night. That is above and beyond..
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hic...
    ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...th[e?]n hours kip...

You see? It's catching on.
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    The positive side is he mentioned doing an 80 mile ride last week which is majorly impressive given less than six months ago, he was having titanium rods put in his back after crashing in the Alps.

Street cred than man.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Nah, wouldn't be his head hurting in that case.
    Thankfully it was just my head that hurt.
    Long day given the state I was in. Up early and into town, fry up at the Regency followed by the Ferrari exhibition at the Design Museum, Somehow we ended up in a pub afterwards, by the second pint the hangover had gone. I probably should have stopped after the third, but we were having a good time talking bollox and generally misbehaving. It's amazing how drinking 2 litres of water seems like a lot but a gallon of Pride just disappears so easily.
    Think I might need a lie in tomorrow, good job the clocks don't rob us of an hour or anything.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Been there, done that. But thankfully not on a Saturday night. That is above and beyond..
    Can be good trade offs to be had, like staying up in town last night.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Shouldn't you have been at home with your furry slippers on, eating prunes and custard before soaking your dentures?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Shouldn't you have been at home with your furry slippers on, eating prunes and custard before soaking your dentures?
    I wouldn't want to do you out of a job :)