thursday in the absence of any sane alternative

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

long day yesterday, bubbly, beers, liqueurs, port, and a curry so bland i had to request raw chillis to nibble

today will be mostly alcohol free, until later

roll on flight back
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning.

Fun course today in the land of me rain.
    How late can I leave it before getting up and going for the train?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH today as I’m daddy day care for a couple of days, exercise will be impacted
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , fine and mild this morning for a change, the truck needs to be serviced today, so the bike will be popped in the back so I cannot for a ride straight from the garage,
    I had conformation yesterday that my first job starts on good Friday for a straight ten days
    Have a good day
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning. Today is looking after grandson or more likely the other way round and may involve a trip on a bus, if I can remember how you do that.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    bus? sounds shyyyt.

biking today on cx bike. its cold. brrrrrrrr
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,250
    Public transport, eurgh.
    Don't worry Thistle, if you miss that train there will be another one along eventually.
    Was tempted to ride in today but thought it best avoided as the coughing is subsiding and I don't want it to get worse before my not so hot date tomorrow night. Mild Thursday hangover is present as expected. Today is work avoidance and talking to people that know more than I do about building work, planning and stuffs. Apparently the drawings don't match the planning so there's another problem already.
    I need more tea, the tea wallah is late so I've put in a complaint.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Off to beat up the mother-in-law
    's tree which she has been fretting over for months, give it a haircut and a serious talking to.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Ritual beating by the osteopath this morning. Minor fettling of stuff in the workshop this afternoon, but interrupted to go test newly sharpened chainsaw. It works fine, but after 2 hours almost continuous use it may need sharpening again... :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Was tempted to ride in today but thought it best avoided as the coughing is subsiding and I don't want it to get worse before my not so hot date tomorrow night.
    :D

Another busy day at t'Mill as they say. May need to put in a spot of overtime this eve. Kitchen now sorted as is Stropteen's tutoring for GCSEs. Also the council emailed to say they are investigating next doors chav infestation for breaches of housing guidlines - so far so good as we know they're in breach on at least a couple of things if not more.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon, just back from some tree shouting and now doing paperwork. Apparently the GF's dad is staying tonight and will be in our house unsupervised before I get home, I really really really wish I had tidied up a few things...

Still, good excuse to go to the pub although I am fairly sure I am becoming an alcoholic. Not had a drink since Sunday and it's getting more and more difficult to resist
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Non descript weather day today, though I have a sneaking suspicion itll rain later as I didn't bring a waterproof jacket.
    Quiet day today, office away day tomorrow so no ones really doing today. Shall take the dog for a long walk I think tomorrow and sit at the bike café for a bit an peruse interweb stuffs.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    HaydenM wrote:
    Afternoon, just back from some tree shouting and now doing paperwork. Apparently the GF's dad is staying tonight and will be in our house unsupervised before I get home, I really really really wish I had tidied up a few things...

What on earth have you left out?! The mind boggles.

What ho bracketeers! Nothing to report here, life drifts on towards oblivion. Our mini department won the wider department's annual pub quiz yesterday, we were booed roundly, because we win every year. Some spring-like riding conditions are quite welcome, though I need to clean my bike.

Mini H3 was distraught yesterday - she had made a lovely little tableau for the school egg decorating competition - a pair of egg hockey players, complete with sticks and a ball, playing on a green box lid with a little goal stuck on. All her own idea and execution. I saw some of the obviously "done by parents" stuff that she was up against, and my heart sank, and sure enough, she didn't even get a mention, she cried for a good while after school. Poor thing.
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

What on earth have you left out?! The mind boggles.

Not sure if I should be more worried about my terrible DIY to be honest...

In other news, a Thailand BMC ambassador/Miss Universe competitor just liked and commented on my instagram post so I've just lost 40 minutes of work time
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Don't talk to me about Thursdays. The world is full of mad people and idiots.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • veronese68
    The world is full of mad people and idiots.
    Not just on Thursdays.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    HaydenM wrote:
    In other news, a Thailand BMC ambassador/Miss Universe competitor just liked and commented on my instagram post so I've just lost 40 minutes of work time
    Maybe they're related to my new Strava followers.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not just on Thursdays.
    Oh noes. My final illusion, shattered....
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not just on Thursdays.
    Oh noes. My final illusion, shattered....
    Sorry :oops:
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Mini H3 was distraught yesterday ...
    Could you not have 'accidentally' smashed up the ones that had too much help? The school should have ignored the ones done by competitive parents. Part of me would say give her a treat for trying and doing it herself, the other part of me thinks that is getting too close to the not having races at sports day because everyone's a winner pc bollox.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    Maybe they're related to my new Strava followers.

I had that, strava seems like a more weird place than instagram for that. If you want to perk up a dreary Thursday afternoon I highly recommend looking for someone called 'auauau' on instagram. While I am mostly against women getting free stuff for being hot over more talented/less hot riders, she's got great taste in kit

Edit: on further inspection it does look like she did indeed compete in Miss World Thailand 2012
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Mini H3 was distraught yesterday ...
    Could you not have 'accidentally' smashed up the ones that had too much help? The school should have ignored the ones done by competitive parents. Part of me would say give her a treat for trying and doing it herself, the other part of me thinks that is getting too close to the not having races at sports day because everyone's a winner pc bollox.

I sent her a card via moonpig from "the easter bunny" saying well done for having such a good idea and trying her best when making it. She's always really enthused about this type of competition, loves making and creating things, and I wouldn't want her to lose that enthusiasm because of another "7 year old's" extravagantly decorated ostrich egg, in a real bird's nest, in half a friggin' blossom tree! If it was a level playing field of similarly scruffy eggs obviously made by kiddies, I would have just said that she tried her best, and that was what mattered, there's always a next time, here, have a biscuit.
  • webboo
    Just back from trip out with grandson. £7.70 for 12 mile round trip on the bus no wonder no one uses public transport.
  • hopkinb
    Webboo wrote:
    Just back from trip out with grandson. £7.70 for 12 mile round trip on the bus no wonder no one uses public transport.

You want to live in that London. £1.50 for any bus journey, and if you make another bus journey within an hour of touching in, the second journey is free - hopper fare I think they call it. £4.50 cap for bus fares.
  • webboo
    I wouldn’t want to live in London even if they paid me to use public transport :D
  • hopkinb
    Webboo wrote:
    I wouldn’t want to live in London even if they paid me to use public transport :D

I think they do pay you to use public transport when you're old enough!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Webboo wrote:

Where the heck do you live?!

I can go to Dumfries for £8 (75 miles).
    What trees are best to shout at? Which one's respond better?

Me did last few bits of painting/touch up me. Then mad espresso sauna followed by cake and coffee (well, Almond and pear tarte) as we were running out of time because I decided to have a tidy at PPP. I actually found some stuff and tools I had mislaid. Funny that.

Need to source a circular saw. That should be fun.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

Where the heck do you live?!

I can go to Dumfries for £8 (75 miles).
    What trees are best to shout at? Which one's respond better?

Me did last few bits of painting/touch up me. Then mad espresso sauna followed by cake and coffee (well, Almond and pear tarte) as we were running out of time because I decided to have a tidy at PPP. I actually found some stuff and tools I had mislaid. Funny that.

Need to source a circular saw. That should be fun.

Laters.
    North Yorkshire.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    post-beers slump in lounge comfy chair awaiting return to yookay, must not fall asleep and miss plane
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Mini H3 was distraught yesterday - she had made a lovely little tableau for the school egg decorating competition - a pair of egg hockey players, complete with sticks and a ball, playing on a green box lid with a little goal stuck on. All her own idea and execution. I saw some of the obviously "done by parents" stuff that she was up against, and my heart sank, and sure enough, she didn't even get a mention, she cried for a good while after school. Poor thing.

Gutting dude - I hate stuff like that. Really annoys me. Just let the sprogs do their own stuff. Teachers are just as bad for giving out props to those kids who obviously haven’t done the work.

Do you want me to go and kick their faces in?

Go and buy MiniH3 a bar of Willy Wonka chocolate from me,

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    As an aside, I’ve just got in, shattered and need a bath.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.