Strava likes

jds_1981
jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
edited March 2018 in Commuting chat
Just had scantily clad women start liking my Strava activities. Wonder how long until this stuff needs to start being cleaned up..
FCN 9 || FCN 5

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    jds_1981 wrote:
    Just had scantily clad women start liking my Strava activities. Wonder how long until this stuff needs to start being cleaned up..

I ended up putting my account to request to follow etc, which seem to stop random likes, though wasn’t nr naked woman has to be said!
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    I've never understood what's in it for the random (and obviously automated) likes.

I'll stick up my commute and some chap from California will randomly give me kudos.

Is it just to raise the visibility of their profile and hope to harvest more followers themselves?
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Ive had the same, makes me laugh. Always believed it was part of a data harvest scam. You follow their profile and they or someone else they are linked to gets your data etc etc.
  • JakeJ
    JakeJ Posts: 151
    my girlfriend threw a wobbly because random naked lady gave me kudos..

She thinks I know her..

I wish.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    lol, just had one of these myself.

Someone needs to tell Mallory that those black lacy knickers will never work under bib tights.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    I ignore all kudos, even from friends as I don't see the point in them.
    I may have been missing out!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • whatleytom
    whatleytom Posts: 547
    Had several of these on recent rides now even though my profile is request to follow.
    Blog on first season road racing http://www.twhatley.com/
  • I had one of these yesterday, she had apparently done a single run, she was fit. ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I'm so slow that even spammers don't give me kudos. :lol:
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583
    I've started getting these too.

The profiles all seem to show that the ladies have done one single recent activity. Must be a scam of some sort but I can't really work out what it is.

Some nice pictures though, a few definitely worth of the Big Girls thread!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    Same, Wednesday night. Think it was my mindblowing ascent of Broomfield that attracted her.
  • I had two from "very fit" ladies, each with the one activity of running at 20mph+ for 30 minutes. I can't seem to find them anymore, I think their accounts were deleted- not sure if done by Strava or themselves. I did find that some cyclists were suckered in and liked them back, maybe it's some bike-hunt scam?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    I've had 2 in the last few days, reported both and accounts have disappeared although I can't delete the kudos.

One of them was inviting me to do things to her, but at 40 mins to do a 5k run it didn't sound like she could keep up.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Had two today, clearly so impressed by my squelchy ride to Hospital and back, that I got Two Kudos from the naked bots plus a offer of sex!

I and I’m sure others blocked the account, since at least one has gone plus the Kudos. So Strava is removing them one assumes.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I get them, but all mine are from real ladies who just dig me.

Right.

Right?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • weezyswiss
    weezyswiss Posts: 123
    I'm feeling left out, not one scantily clad woman being in awe of my lack of KOMs :(
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    I keep getting Zwift thumbs up, mostly when i turn around at the bottom of hill for repeats. It feels a bit bad because what they do not realise is that i run my turbo in ERG mode and just rack up vertical meters while doing my preset workout..
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 793
    speaking of likes, is it possible to hide rides from a specific person but still have them on your followers list? A guy from a club that I have ridden with is obsessed with giving kudos and it's annoying. I don't want to offend him by blocking him though.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Prhymeate wrote:
    speaking of likes, is it possible to hide rides from a specific person but still have them on your followers list? A guy from a club that I have ridden with is obsessed with giving kudos and it's annoying. I don't want to offend him by blocking him though.
    I have the opposite problem. I have a mate who gets a sulk when I don't give him kudos. It's not intentional, i just don't go on strava that often.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk