wednesday post equinoctial partying with ishtar and her priestesses, phryne and lilith nipped across

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to euroland to tell gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc how we will take their millions to make everything most wonderful in a software defined cloudy way

i foresee a glass of bubbly at brekkie to start the first full day of spring
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    Jean Michel Jarre Day.
    I will be at work. It will be shit. I wish you all a better day. (It was yesterday).
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    bike commute today, unplanned but lucky clothes at work. Unlucky heavy laptop at home so big backpack needed. hurts my a**e carrying it in. lots of cream needed
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Looking cold out, but too nice a morning not to go for a ride.
    Phil485 wrote:
    bike commute today, unplanned but lucky clothes at work. Unlucky heavy laptop at home so big backpack needed. hurts my a**e carrying it in. lots of cream needed
    That must be some laptop. Mine hurts my back (hence leaving it in the office) but doesn't cause chafing!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, white over with frost, but the sun has come out of hiding at last, Cycling outside today hooray
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    checked in, had bubbly, flight delayed, i do so hate ba

seemed light much earlier this morning, hope the weekend weather is good
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I too left the laptop at work, but thankfully it’s a light one for the way home
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Beautiful sunny morning if a tad chilly first thing, didn't ride in because of this poxy f*cking cough. Thankfully the traffic wasn't too bad. I don't have a laptop for work but if I did my car is huuuge so it wouldn't have been a problem.
    Spent a good chunk of last night reading up on party wall agreements due to our delightful neighbours. They finally told us yesterday they are having a loft extension, we've known since they applied for planning permission last summer. They want the work to start over Easter as they are going away, said it was only minor work that doesn't need the party wall agreement would we like to talk about it. Wife went over to talk to them as only the harridan was in and. She was not best pleased when the Mrs told her that lowering ceilings isn't minor work and does need a party wall agreement. It went downhill from there.
    Pub tonight.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning tad frosty but otherwise glorious out seems a day wasted in the office.

Bag wise what you guys using? I have a shoulder bag with a waist strap I carry all my gumph in including a laptop without much hassle.

Weather appears to be on the downturn for the weekend so don your best waterproofs etc first ride of spring bla bla.

Coffee, nudge minions into performing tasks and scheduling for the weekend of chaos.
  • thistle_
    Well that went well. Got to work nice and early at 7:30, a bit tired from going riding last night, go to lock bike - no keys (no bike lock keys, no office keys, no house key, no office key).

Backtracked to the car trying to keep an eye on the other side of the road to see if they'd fallen out of my jersey. Got back to the car and they were in the boot.
    By now there was loads of traffic, not helped by roadworks so went the longer way around to avoid. Eventually got back to work at 8:45, 27 mile commute :(
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Have had friends visiting for a couple of days, loads of food, drinks and laughs had. Went to art gallery today with them, which is a spectacular place here. Just the building itself is something pretty special, but there is some decidedly "interesting" work on display. Fat Porsche, anyone?

1914410-3x2-940x627.jpg

Back to normal tomorrow. Whatever that is.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    harridan
    Pub tonight.

You mean Hadrians wall, yeah?!
    Ps glad you have a big car for the laptop, be terrible to have a small bike and a heavy large laptop.

Long day, long week, however life is good
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    harridan
    Pub tonight.
    You mean Hadrians wall, yeah?!
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Beautiful sunny morning if a tad chilly first thing, didn't ride in because of this poxy f*cking cough. Thankfully the traffic wasn't too bad. I don't have a laptop for work but if I did my car is huuuge so it wouldn't have been a problem.
    Spent a good chunk of last night reading up on party wall agreements due to our delightful neighbours. They finally told us yesterday they are having a loft extension, we've known since they applied for planning permission last summer. They want the work to start over Easter as they are going away, said it was only minor work that doesn't need the party wall agreement would we like to talk about it. Wife went over to talk to them as only the harridan was in and. She was not best pleased when the Mrs told her that lowering ceilings isn't minor work and does need a party wall agreement. It went downhill from there.
    Pub tonight.
    Talking of undesirable neighbours we've now sent a letter to the council grassing the next doors up for turning it into bedsits and breaching housing regs. Signed by loads of neighbours :) Solicitors letter hopefully on its way soon and their mortgage lender may be getting a call about what they are doing :twisted:

Apart from that, another busy day with lots of restructuring and a fair share of whingers and idiots. Home early to do Dad's taxi work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    They finally told us yesterday they are having a loft extension, we've known since they applied for planning permission last summer. They want the work to start over Easter as they are going away, said it was only minor work that doesn't need the party wall agreement would we like to talk about it. Wife went over to talk to them as only the harridan was in and. She was not best pleased when the Mrs told her that lowering ceilings isn't minor work and does need a party wall agreement. It went downhill from there.
    I don't think a PWA is that big a deal, but it will put them off doing it on the cheap and will hold them up.
    It stops people doing dodgy conversions like my neighbour did. The house is up for sale again (apparently my undies are on Rightmove now), at a lower price than 3 years ago and I reckon it won't sell again. If he hadn't messed about with it we'd have bought it and knocked them together.

If you're lowering the floors to squeeze in a usable loft space is it really worth it?
  • veronese68
    If you're lowering the floors to squeeze in a usable loft space is it really worth it?
    They are smallish Victorian semis, but worth a lot of money so lots of people have done them because it's much cheaper than moving to a bigger house in the area. Having said that we haven't bothered and have 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and a shower room for the two of us and a pair of large teenagers. They have small children and I think they are doing it so they can get further away from their children. The frequent screams we here from the harridan are "What are you doing with my stuff", "What do you want from me" and "Why are you doing this to me?" I think it's pretty obvious the kids are attention seeking because when she's not screaming at them she ignores them.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon. Just back from walk 5 hours, got lost several times. Things look straight forward on the map but are complicated on the ground. I bet the farmers keep switching the signs.
    Yesterday’s one armed turbo session went ok, sitting up right seem to effect a different set of bum bones.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Currently producing a Gantt chart to baffle the builders at our house, airport run tonight to collect the parents then a few glasses of wine for supper as we're staying at theirs whilst the work is going on.

Dad may not be best pleased when he sees the turbo set up in his conservatory...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Help

I'm getting random half dressed women giving me kudos on Strava. How can I stop this?
    I sorted the last one by blocking, deleting the ride and re-uploading but I've just had another one do it.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/29144344 for anyone desperate for pictures.
  • veronese68
    Do they want to ride with you Thistle?
  • Stevo_666
    Help

I'm getting random half dressed women giving me kudos on Strava. How can I stop this?
    I sorted the last one by blocking, deleting the ride and re-uploading but I've just had another one do it.

Why would you want to stop it?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Help

Why would you want to stop it?

My thoughts exactly.

Have you considered a quiet phone call to Social Services VN?

End of day 17 on the painting front. Only a few bits to do. So tomorrow will be that and a sauna followed by coffee and cake.

Cheers SG, much appreciated.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    Help

You are asking for help?
    My followers are all MAMILs. Consider yourself lucky!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    Oh BTW - it's good to see some new patrons of this thread.

Plus, the daily meh thread in Crudcatcher is dead in the water.
    Roadies win.
  • tlw1
    Help

Don’t you like my profile picture?
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Help

Are you looking in a mirror with beer goggles?!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Help

Are you looking in a mirror with beer goggles?!
    :)
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Roadies win.
    Remember who introduced it into BB? :wink:
  • pinno
    edited March 2018
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Roadies win.

That's because you were going through 'the change'.

...and now that small saplings are a major cause of fear, you'll be a fully fledged roadie soon.
    Time to shave your legs.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Roadies win.

...and now that small saplings are a major cause of fear, you'll be a fully fledged roadies soon.
    Time to shave your legs.
    What's this sapling thing you're on about?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Roadies win.

...and now that small saplings are a major cause of fear, you'll be a fully fledged roadies soon.
    Time to shave your legs.
    What's this sapling thing you're on about?

The one you bumped into.

(It's alright, i'm finally getting (very delayed) topic reply notifications after Database gate).