Elite Novo Smart - From Halfords

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited March 2018 in Road buying advice
I have had turbo's before and never really got into using them.

However I have been wondering whether it might be different with a smart turbo @ zwift or something. I don't want to spend much cash so have been looking at the following from halfords:-

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-t ... bo-trainer

They also have the more highly regarded tax flow for an extra £20

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-t ... bo-trainer

I want to keep the costs to the min (I have looked on ebay for a used 2240 - but these seem to go for close to £150)

So - would the elite novo do the job as a toe in the water ? - would I need an ANT+ dongle with the elite ?

Comments

• sh3p
    sh3p Posts: 98
    I got 1 for the better half to use with zwift etc. but returned it as although it worked fine I was concerned it seemed a bit fragile, certainly not as robust as the tacx 2240 that I used befire upgrading to the cycleops hammer.
    I swapped it out for another T2240 for her.
    I belive it had ant+ and blue tooth...was using with Ant+ and the lap top ( the T2240 has both aswell)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I have one, it seems to under read watts fairly significantly for me, I haven't put much effort into calibrating it because I don't know how. It's consistent though so it's fine for training. I'll have another look at it this week, it's probably something I've done wrong with the ~4 different connection options which seem to be available in zwift. I sort of wish I had just spent the extra cash but I bought it a month or two ago and it's a bit late to do anything about it now. I want new cranks for the supersix anyway so I'll probably go for a second hand stages which will kill two birds with one stone hopefully (then find out that I'm just way less fit than I thought and my watts were correct :lol: )

I needed an ANT+ dongle to connect to my laptop (Microsoft surface book) of that is any help.

I would put a bit more effort into sorting it if I actually enjoyed riding on the turbo, while I really like the workout function on zwift, it was never going to be 'fun'. Great training though.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Seems to have sorted itself now and only gives me one option in the pouring menu, all gravy