Spending some £ on some new wheels

ollaay
ollaay Posts: 166
edited March 2018 in Road buying advice
Looking to spend 1200 or under on a set of new/used carbon wheels around 50-60mm

Zipp 404 Firestrike about 1k ish very little use - updated hubs on these
Wheelsmith carbon rims with DT 240 Hubs around 1k
Reynolds Aero 58
Parcours?
Or hunt? They both sound good but are just generic carbon rims I've heard

Don't have enough for enves so they are out of the question.

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Nothing beyond personal subjective views so I'll stay quiet, but I will add another possible
    Giant currently have a deal on their wheelsets bringing them into that price. (20% off)

Can't give an honest review, but reportedly they are top notch and they do have a DT240 hub and aerolite spokes. 55m @ 1515g for the set. https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/2018- ... heelsystem
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • ollaay
    ollaay Posts: 166
    Flâneur wrote:
    Nothing beyond personal subjective views so I'll stay quiet, but I will add another possible
    Giant currently have a deal on their wheelsets bringing them into that price. (20% off)

Can't give an honest review, but reportedly they are top notch and they do have a DT240 hub and aerolite spokes. 55m @ 1515g for the set. https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/2018- ... heelsystem
    Cheers will take a look :D
  • scott_w1987
    scott_w1987 Posts: 316
    Wheelsfar?
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Boras
  • I've mentioned this on other threads I think but I have wheelsmith aero 45 clinchers on DA hubs. Favourite wheelset I have ever owned by some distance. Good balance of light, stiff and durable (very little marking on the rims or brake track after about 10,000km). For a stiff wheel with the right tire/pressure combo they are also confortable even on pretty harsh road surfaces. In my opinion you will struggle to find a better wheelset at that price.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,507
    I've got some Hunts and Reynolds.
    I think both are excellent, but Reynolds are underrated for a big brand.