edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, make slides, do stuff with style

need to replenish port stocks again
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Slight bike commute today, a chance to try the new rebuilt wheel on the singlespeed cx Bike - as rough as the roads are, don’t think I can class it as a Paris Roubaix full test
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, milder hence rain and strong winds, not sure what to do today I have just had some new wheels made, I might go to the lbs buy some rim tape , tubeless valves and some nice schwalbe ones and fit or go for a bike ride in the rain
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning

Lovely ride to the office (half way anyway). Thin on the ground again this morning, might get my report finished off.
    Colleague finally gave in to the temptation of the free can of Red Bull from the million mile thing a few months ago.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Drove in to give Bambina a lift to school because I thought it would be Baltic but it's actually alright so am kicking myself. Just chillin' for a bit before doing some paperwork and trying to stay awake whilst doing the same said aforementioned....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Morning

Lovely ride to the office (half way anyway). Thin on the ground again this morning, might get my report finished off.
    Colleague finally gave in to the temptation of the free can of Red Bull from the million mile thing a few months ago.
    What time are you riding back?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Need to do some cycling after work, cold, bright and my stomach seems to be getting better. Managed one and bit days back before getting a b*llocking from the boss so I guess there are some positives...
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    Wet and not that warm here. Physio yesterday gave the ok to use the turbo sat up right. So that might be the highlight of the day. He did say however do not be tempted into using my left arm even though it feels ok. So that’s a no no for any house work.
    Might attempt a walk to the chemist if it stops raining.
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Morning

4:45pm if all goes well, however had an email saying there's a crisis on a site so we'll see.

You could test your wheel on the BMX track?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Slightly later start than usual as I had to deliver the female child to school for another mock GCSE, that was followed by the joy of driving through Kingston in rush hour traffic. Cough has got worse again, it seems to subside a bit for a few days then comes back with a vengeance. No riding for me today. Don't use your left arm when you have your walk Webboo.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, dry and cool here nice change from yesterday but additional potholes/craters are now appearing to keep you on your toes.
    All the containers from yesterday slipped though customs un interrupted which is a bonus now the remote minions that were dispatched have setup the gubbins as instructed but all buggered off to the hotel, or bar more than likely.

Home news, new dog bed arrived yesterday, pro tip. Don't let your significant other choose one unattended. Its huge to the point I could actually climb into it. Raided Amazon and got one more suited to a dog. Though I did try using is as an excuse for a second hound (that failed)

Veron, short term relief from the cough, strong mints they seem to act as a cough suppressant
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Veron, short term relief from the cough, strong mints they seem to act as a cough suppressant
    Ta, might try that. Had Strepsils and I'm not keen on sucking a fisherman's friend.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Ta, might try that. Had Strepsils and I'm not keen on sucking a fisherman's friend.
    Who would be keen on doing that, given what they get up to with flat fish.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Morning, milder hence rain and strong winds, not sure what to do today I have just had some new wheels made, I might go to the lbs buy some rim tape , tubeless valves and some nice schwalbe ones and fit or go for a bike ride in the rain

Why do you need rim tape in a tubeless wheel?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Slight bike commute today, a chance to try the new rebuilt wheel on the singlespeed cx Bike - as rough as the roads are, don’t think I can class it as a Paris Roubaix full test

Isn't there a paved section in Dudley high street to practice on?
    Maybe go around it at 2am on a Sunday morning. Then you'll have all sorts of obstacles to negotiate.
  • pinno
    Me not painting again me. Off to Dumfries to see the Ophthalmologist.
    Gives me an excuse to take the Old new banger and it's a cracking day which is perfect for a pedal so, sun roof off and into the boot as minor compensation.
    Yipee.
    Are you in Dumfries for a coffee HM?

Plumbing/showering/heating problems here and no sign of landlord as he is away. Looks like he is going to be handed a big bill.

Laters.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:

I'd love to but unfortunately I'm stuck in the office over Johnstonebridge direction doing all the paperwork I've missed over the last few weeks, seems a shame to be inside on such a cracking day. If you are ever near the Lockerbie lorry park for a disgustingly unhealthy lunch then give me a shout :wink:
  • lincolndave
    Pinno wrote:

To stop the air escaping through the spoke holes, remember there is no tube just the tyre and the rim,and of course 35ml of sealant
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

To stop the air escaping through the spoke holes, remember there is no tube just the tyre and the rim,and of course 35ml of sealant

You can get it to seal despite the spoke holes?!
    Sealant in every spoke hole?
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I'd love to but unfortunately I'm stuck in the office over Johnstonebridge direction doing all the paperwork I've missed over the last few weeks, seems a shame to be inside on such a cracking day. If you are ever near the Lockerbie lorry park for a disgustingly unhealthy lunch then give me a shout :wink:

Chuck a sicky.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Chuck a sicky.

I'd pull an actual sicky if there wasn't a bloke coming round to fit a smart meter at some point between now and 4. I have a stomach bug but the OH thinks it's appendicitis, I'm being stubborn and waiting for something conclusive before I get it checked...
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Sealant finds it's way and plugs holes, without rim tape you would need a hell of a lot of sealant and it would be incredibly messy if it worked at all. Sealant is like putting Bars Leaks in a cooling system, it will find holes and plug most of them when they occur if they are not too big. But you want to minimise the chances on needing it. A lot of set ups will work without sealant, until you get a puncture. That's when you want the sealant.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Morning

4:45pm if all goes well, however had an email saying there's a crisis on a site so we'll see.

You could test your wheel on the BMX track?
    Too early for me :(
  • lincolndave
    edited March 2018
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I never thought of that Pinno, will try It when I run out of rim tape :D
  • lincolndave
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I never thought of that Pinno, I will try it out when I run out of rim tape :D
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Too early for me :(
    Probably more like 5:30 now.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Evenin All,

In an all day meeting which was a bit tedious. And my morning BE posting was spoiled my a mates other half door to g me on the train and sitting next to me for a chat. Wouldn't mind but she's a total gobshite, albeit a nice one.

Now headed out for a sneaky couple of pints with the office crew as I feel I deserve it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

See if you had some proper wheels with no spoke holes in the outer rim (like me)...
  • lincolndave
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

See if you had some proper wheels with no spoke holes in the outer rim (like me)...

Are you still using wooden wheels in Scotland ?
  • veronese68
    Where’s t47b? I need my neighbours to get gone, permanently. Wucking fankers.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Are you still using wooden wheels in Scotland ?

Campag Eurus.

But if you can't afford that, I understand.

Look - no rim tape. No spoke holes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z7dKVdyYKA