Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, very cold again the footpaths are like skating rinks , nearly ended up on the floor whilst walking Tigger, some preparation for work this morning, indoor cycling this afternoon
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    office of gmc is quiet, i shall nip out to cafe

roads mostly dry, but a few surprise ice slicks still lurking
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, first day back and there is no one else in the office, perfect. My doggo accidentally got his claws caught inside my bottom lip yesterday when we were wrestling so it's swollen up and I've just realised I have forgotten to shave parts of my face so I'm praying no one else arrives...

Bright and sunny here, nice to see the 30mph wind and snow letting up. When the wind comes from the East like this it makes my house baltic, even with the new heating.

FAO Pinno, you aren't a member of Dumfries CC by any chance are you?
  • sungod
    just got asked if i'd like a 1 petaflops box for the lab as a freebie, well, yes, bwahahaha, with such power i shall need more coffee
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning. Banana porridge consumed,heading out for a walk shortly. I reckon that I can now manage to put my walking boots on, so hopefully feet might better off having spent last two days walking in wellies.
    Later on is first physio session followed by having stitches removed.
    Looks nice out at the moment.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Run, train to work, lunch shopping, breakfast shopping, office.

Still snow on the grass but roads and paths mostly clear, only 1 road was icy to running for the train was a bit like scooby doo.
    sungod wrote:
    just got asked if i'd like a 1 petaflops box for the lab as a freebie
    Can I have one?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    just got asked if i'd like a 1 petaflops box for the lab as a freebie, well, yes, bwahahaha, with such power i shall need more coffee

a) didn't know you had a dog
    b) why does the dog need such powaaah?

:D:wink:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, pedalled in this morning blinking cold ill can say that much, lots of sneaky ice as well. Day of conference calls and confirming things have arrived in Aus an that customs don't fancy checking for soil and bugs.

Sungod, why on earth do you need a petaflop??? Bar it being a great noisy space heater.

Also, what the hell is with Cavendish he seems to crash at every event
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Bleedin' cold out there this morning, wimped out and took the car in to try and minimise coughing fits. Quite cold in the office as well. A nice sunny spring day with a bit of warmth thrown in would be a very welcome thing. Need to venture out in search of food at lunchtime unfortunately. Going to the movies with the EPO this evening.
    Am I the only one that thought a petaflop was some sort of spectacular failure?
    Onwards and upwards...
  • sungod
    it's designed mainly for ai/deep learning, can do physics/other simulation on it too, unfortunately no use for bitcoin mining these days

could do with it next to my desk, office is a bit nippy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Office seems to be rather frustrating today, this is despite someone bringing in cake
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:
    it's designed mainly for ai/deep learning, can do physics/other simulation on it too, unfortunately no use for bitcoin mining these days

could do with it next to my desk, office is a bit nippy

Sounds fancy, ill stick with my BB8 USB cup warmer :lol:
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:

It was a very amusing/really painful looking crash so there are some upsides
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

a) didn't know you had a dog

:D:wink:
    Somehow I find the idea of Sungod with a lab either unlikely or slightly scary, depending on what sort of 'lab' we are talking about.

Busy day dealing with the clear up after the problems we had with KOFFA last week. Fortunately the minions managed to deal with most of it while I was off on Friday. Also now counting down to getting back on a bike, happily coinciding with not shyte weather and the clocks going forward :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    happily coinciding with not shyte weather and the clocks going forward :)

Clocks going forward - yes. Not shyte weather?! No chance...
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Relatively speaking - mainly the sort where you have a decent chance of keeping a bike rubber side down, which is quite important for my dodgy shoulder.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Relatively speaking - mainly the sort where you have a decent chance of keeping a bike rubber side down, which is quite important for my dodgy shoulder.

Dry then, even I have never fallen off in the dry, apart from that clipless moment in front of a ped crossing by Clapham Common absolutely heaving with yummy mummies. I lay on my back with my bike still attached to my feet as I was going too slow for the cleats to disengage. :oops: It didn't hurt my shoulder though, so you'll be fine if you do that. Except for your pride, that will take a battering. :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Dry then, even I have never fallen off in the dry, apart from that clipless moment in front of a ped crossing by Clapham Common absolutely heaving with yummy mummies. I lay on my back with my bike still attached to my feet as I was going too slow for the cleats to disengage. :oops: It didn't hurt my shoulder though, so you'll be fine if you do that. Except for your pride, that will take a battering. :lol:
    What's this clipless thing I keep hearing about? If I come to a halt I just step off :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    HaydenM wrote:

Uh?! Dumfries is 75 miles away. Long way to pedal to meet up for a Sunday run. Why do you ask?
    sungod wrote:

It's still incapable of sorting your head out.
    Webboo wrote:
    ...followed by having stitches removed.

Are they really itchy yet?
    Step83 wrote:

We have our very own thread for that.

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13090196&start=20#p20313613
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

'Cos it's a digital dog. A sort of hyped up Furby.

Me done 95% of painting me (on the inside). I am starting to feel as if the shackles are being taken off.

Apart from that, it was a gorgeous cloudless day for sniffing paint fumes.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    Stitches out and yes they were itchy, should have come out yesterday but they don’t take them out on a Sunday.
  • Stevo_666
    Webboo wrote:
    Stitches out and yes they were itchy, should have come out yesterday but they don’t take them out on a Sunday.
    You didn't have keyhole then? No stitches to remove here, just 4 small wounds that look like someone has chucked small coins at my shoulder.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Uh?! Dumfries is 75 miles away. Long way to pedal to meet up for a Sunday run. Why do you ask?

Just wondered if they were d*ckheads or not, they seem to do a few events around the region and things. I've just signed up in an effort to remain fit after holiday
  • webboo
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    You didn't have keyhole then? No stitches to remove here, just 4 small wounds that look like someone has chucked small coins at my shoulder.
    I had three incisions with a stitch in each. The plan was for keyhole but when they got in there it required a lot more renovation. I guess it was a bit like taking the wall paper off in an old house, you never know what you will find underneath.