edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, pastry, webexes, stuff, early bail

looks like it'll be a nippy weekend
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long commute in and the latest weather says damp and a headwind on the way in and out of work :(

If I get out early doors will meet the family in another village for a quick pint, then the local
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, raining with a cooler wind at the moment, the weather for the weekend is looking bad snow and strong winds for us on the east side
    My winter bike could really do with a good looking at it might me my afternoon job
    Have a good day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sun shining, dry, have to take TDVs car to Edwyn’s Tyre Emporium as she sho done all 4 wheels and one tyre
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Logging beckons. Stocks depleted and weekend going cold again. Summer bike refettled with new wheels, brakes and that, might try for a short bedding in run if stays dry. C'mon spring, let's be 'avin' ya, said in Delia fashion.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Wild and wet again. Today’s highlights will a walk to doctors and watching my beard and spare tyre grow.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lovely day for a ride, shame I came in the tube. Riding home though.

Not much planned for today. Headache dealing with HMRC in respect of employment taxes, which is not really my area, but hey, it's something different. Might get something extravagant for lunch.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in again this morning, quite a pleasant ride in spite of my feebleness. Today being Fryday I should be going to the cafe later but might have to go to a pub as someone is leaving. Problem being we have to drive to get to a pub as all the ones around here have shut. Mind you pubs around here were absolutely dreadful, even TLW would think twice about going into them. Stopping at a local hostelry to meet the Mrs on the way home as well as it's Fryday, but until then tea and biscuits will have to suffice.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Morning reprobates,

Flying visit to the frozen North as it's my old dears 90th. Also wanted to check the house want flooded after the big freeze the other week.

Weather is crap here so will try to stay indoors as much as possible.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Cold, dull and windy and that's not just the weather.
    Coffee and cake in a bit.

Today bit of a rest, tomorrow back at it.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Electrician turned up early to do stuff. Other bloke turned up to collect a dishwasher sold on the Bay. Visit to Osteopath via chainsaw shop. Miscellaneous minor carpentry and garden stuff this afternoon.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That shouldn't surprise you as a native of those parts. Phrases such as "the frozen wastelands of the north" and "it's grim up north" do have some sound reasoning behind them.
  • webboo
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That shouldn't surprise you as a native of those parts. Phrases such as "the frozen wastelands of the north" and "it's grim up north" do have some sound reasoning behind them.
    Would you want to go out round Middlesbrough.
  • Hello everyone.
    It is indeed grim up north - have you been to Basingstoke?
    Staff reporting time for the team. They are of course awesome. I am also awesome, and once you hit "save" it's official. Everyone wants to go home early, so being their boss I should follow their example.
    Haircut on way home then a broken bog handle to fix. Should be fun.
    Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    Webboo wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    No, that comes under "it's grim up north".
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Boro gets an extra dose of grimness. Even the seagulls aren't out today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Boro gets an extra dose of grimness. Even the seagulls aren't out today.
    Maybe they’ve all been eaten, times are though up there.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    They don't eat seagulls in Alsager, their speciality is rat that has been soaked in paedo jizz.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No he's reet posh - he's from Redcar.
  • webboo
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No he's reet posh - he's from Redcar.
    Isn’t that where you go on holiday when your banned from South Shields.
  • veronese68
    I thought the Thames was the North/South divide.
  • veronese68
    A customer has just come in to see one of my colleagues wearing a sweatshirt with "Tight, wet and loud" written on the back of it. Picture of a car under it, seems a little odd to me. I suspect something has been lost in translation.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    oxoman wrote:
    South is anything below Watford Gap, North is everything above up to Gretna after that it's not mapped and therefore does not exist.

As long as it keeps Northerners (the England type) out I’m happy not existing :wink:

Afternoon, I have just returned from a week in Tenerife cycling up hills, managed about 12,000m climbing in the end and didn’t hold up my mate too much so all was well, I’ve also returned to find our central heating has been fitted so that’s good
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Afternoon

Been using up leave for the last couple of days.
    Took a break from playing computer games to go for a potter on the bike between the rain, bike slipped into the gap between the slats on a bridge and bent my wheel :( Should've just stayed indoors.

Now looking online for new wheels.
    The old one was reasonably good - 926g including QR. Think I'm looking at £150 for anything equivalent.
  • pinno
    Afternoon

Been using up leave for the last couple of days.
    Took a break from playing computer games to go for a potter on the bike between the rain, bike slipped into the gap between the slats on a bridge and bent my wheel :( Should've just stayed indoors.

Now looking online for new wheels.
    The old one was reasonably good - 926g including QR. Think I'm looking at £150 for anything equivalent.

Ouch.

I picked a pair of DA CL1350's on flea bay for 250 nicker. They were a bit worn but are still going. Cannot fault them. Excellent climbing wheels. Front and rear 1350 grams the pair.
    Depends what you're after really.
  • pinno
    As i've said before, it took a Ugandan on his travels around the UK to ascertain that 'North' starts at Cairnryan, so that means i'm in the South.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Pinno wrote:
    I picked a pair of DA CL1350's on flea bay for 250 nicker. They were a bit worn but are still going. Cannot fault them. Excellent climbing wheels. Front and rear 1350 grams the pair.
    Depends what you're after really.
    Nice.
    After a decent budget all rounder for now. Askiums seem about the same as the Canondale stock that I had, but for £30 more I'm going to give the CRC own brand ones a go and are supposedly lighter. What's the worst that can happen? :D

I'll get some decent race/TT/climbing wheels as a spare set another time and keep them for races/TTs/hill climbs and not riding around where I'm likely to fall in hole.

Edit: given up on that as they won't accept my BC discount :|
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    the four axioms of fundamental geography...

southern sticks - south of the thames
    northern sticks - north of the marylebone road, though that's actually a bit too far north
    eastern sticks - east of the tower, again this seems a bit far, but it's an easy reference
    western sticks - west of world's end, just past granny takes a trip to the gallery that used to have john thornton prints, i once made a lith copy of his 'just hanging around' to screen print onto a t-shirt, limited edition of one

i feel the need, the need for port
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'm a cooking lamb, drinking something natural. I likey. I just ordered more.

North of the Thames is just odd, despite me coming from there. I'll go East, because there are the in-laws.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Logs hauled, cut, split and stacked, good. Summer bike fettled but not ridden, started to rain, not good.

Home alone weekend as missus is off on daughter's hen do; Timothy Taylor Landlord is being followed by Brugse Zot with a nice Malbec sitting looking at me seductively while pasta sauce bubbles away on stove. Now I just need to resist reading that depressing fxxkwittery on the Brexit thread...
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    I've decided the Russians are innocent. It was definitely the actuaries.

It may snow tomorrow in the eastern counties.

(Random. Bear with...)