'ning (eve)

there seems to be something wrong with time
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    until then, it went something like...

Lincolndave » 14 Mar 2018 06:27
    Morning, frosty start, I have call into Siemens office this morning to discuss my first job of the year, it should start next week , but who knows?
    I managed both a bike ride and some gardening yesterday,

oxoman » 14 Mar 2018 07:25
    Morning, just trying to kick the family out so I can sod off on my bike for a longish ride. Weather looking good and can't be bothered to watch the doom and gloom over the Russian scandal and then all channels switching to Professor Stephen Hawkings life story may he RIP and subsequent end of the world warnings. Looking nice outside at the moment.

TLW1 » 14 Mar 2018 07:51
    Mild out, so did a hybrid commute. Would have been full but meant to be 20mph winds later

thistle (MBNW) » 14 Mar 2018 08:16
    Morning

Back in the office today. Up early too due to spending a good chunk of yesterday asleep, so not much traffic on the way in.
    Weather was much better when I set off, but seems to have gone a bit dark and cloudy now. Hope it stays dry later.

Step83 » 14 Mar 2018 09:20
    Morning, complex tasks today so making strong coffee to stare at. Enjoying this milder weather though its meant to turn cold again at the weekend.
    Agreed with Oxo news is all doom an gloom today not the way to star the day at all.

Also found a cunning way to avoid the OH scowling every time I get a delivery, turns out they don't mind if you get stuff sent to work :lol: Now I have the Saab again I'm debating spending a few pennys

Webboo » 14 Mar 2018 10:29
    Lovely out round here. 5 miles walked legs a bit sore after yesterday’s 10 miles. Mate visiting later to take me out for a coffee.
    Might have to for another walk with the missus later. Can you over train by walking :?:

Matthewfalle » 14 Mar 2018 11:11
    dry with force billion wind. rode in on good bike with tubs and deep rims. contrary to clubbie opinion i didn't die and it was actually quite nice.

got confirmation of recommendation for promotion so i may go to the gym to bunk off doing any work.

Veronese68 » 14 Mar 2018 11:11
    Morning folks,
    Mild Thursday type hangover on a Wednesday due to beer and curry last night. Unreasonably busy in here this morning as half the office are on this training course, I've got the joy of it this afternoon. I'm too old and cynical by half, what is it about old dogs and new tricks.
    I'm also doing a hybrid commute today, rode in this morning then the Mrs turned up with the car so I dropped her into Twickenham and will be driving home.
    It's Wednesday so out to the pub later.
    Better get on with my work I suppose, onwards and upwards...

Stevo 666 » 14 Mar 2018 12:40
    I'll be doing a hybrid commute in a few weeks with any luck :)

Another silly busy day. I need some form of tactical strike on Tokyo that only takes out the jobsworths - any ideas MF? Meanwhile, Bromley council have received a letter about the chav infestation next door so when they get their arris in gear and send an inspector round they will have a field day.

Matthewfalle » 14 Mar 2018 14:04
    going out on bike. catch ya in a bit.

hopkinb » 14 Mar 2018 14:16
    I've googled it and everything, but what happens when the dioskouroi vanish? Should I be worried?

Normal kind of day here. Bit dull.

homers double » 14 Mar 2018 14:41
    Hell Fire, I managed a bike ride this morning before work!

In other news the front room carpet stinks now it's dried out and I've had the spark move some sockets for the second time. He said next time he's just going home.

sungod » 14 Mar 2018 15:13
    hopkinb wrote:
    I've googled it and everything, but what happens when the dioskouroi vanish? Should I be worried?

at the end of euripides' electra they tell orestes to leg it because the keres are after him, then they vanish to do some godding elsewhere

hopkinb » 14 Mar 2018 16:18
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

at the end of euripides' electra they tell orestes to leg it because the keres are after him, then they vanish to do some godding elsewhere

Ahhh, that's some deep knowledge of ancient Greek plays. Clytemnestra was the solution to a crossword clue once, though I can't remember the clue.

sungod » 14 Mar 2018 16:54
    i used to enjoy reading the old greek plays while basking on a sunbed

i'd recommend the oresteia trilogy, and also iphigenia at aulis
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    could it be due to my impending decamillesimal post?

or perhaps the kremlin's dobby lookalike, knowing that bb is the global home of reason, is attempting to disrupt it before his inevitable doom, the erinyes must be after him by now
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Cheers for the update SG although i'm not sure it was worth it :D

Me painting again me. This looks like it might run into next week.
    Ruskies fed the BR server some Novochok agent I guess.

Laters (if there is one).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Now immortalised:

35ba6f06a1b7f7f9143489d2965f8ff6.jpeg
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    3 road signs. I checked. Bloody IT idiots. Or actuaries (Russians).
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Big Harv wrote:
    3 road signs. I checked. Bloody IT idiots. Or actuaries (Russians).
    I had vehicles first, then road signs, then I got bored.
  • pinno
    I had bridges and vehicles and signs.