monday bouncing photons off each other

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, many webexes and meetings, far too many in fact, sigh, i give so much of myself

according to forecast, london is heading for a period of profound sogginess too
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Very soggy on the m40, thankfully a work pal is driving
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet here as well, and it looks like it’s here for the next five days according to the weatherman
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Hissing down, blowing a hoolie, both bambini ill.

Think I'll have a coffee.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Bucketing down so a walk might not happen today, therefore today’s highlight might be watching my beard grow.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Wet here too.
    Hardly anyone's in the office at the moment. Mondayitis, or they've drowned on the way in.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Tad moist out. Good news and bad news in here, good news is chief tea maker is back. That's also the bad news.
    The thread title made me think of one of my favourite websites:
    http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroy ... ldyet.com/
    It's always worth checking if you're worried about the LHC killing us all to death.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, think we had the heavy rain last night with a nice river flowing down the road.

Lots of puddles on the way in to avoid not knowing which were hiding potholes. Had an email from Kickstarter about a project I back ages ago an they are finally shipping semi decent numbers.

Onward to coffee and project planning!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Wettish ride in. Contemplating coffee, burrito and one of those fancy Gore shake-dry waterproof jackets.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Contemplating coffee, burrito and one of those fancy Gore shake-dry waterproof jackets.
    I wouldn't bother, those jackets are flavourless and a bit chewy.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Wettish ride in. Contemplating coffee, burrito and one of those fancy Gore shake-dry waterproof jackets.
    Made a mistake on Sunday and put a load of coat hooks up in the boiler room so my cycling jackets will dry - wife started counting the jackets........
  • sungod
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Tad moist out. Good news and bad news in here, good news is chief tea maker is back. That's also the bad news.
    The thread title made me think of one of my favourite websites:
    http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroy ... ldyet.com/
    It's always worth checking if you're worried about the LHC killing us all to death.
    Onwards and upwards...
    an old favourite...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INodNZY5ytE

though there's probably far more chance of being eaten by a mutant marshmallow wearing plaid and carrying a kazoo
  • step83
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Made a mistake on Sunday and put a load of coat hooks up in the boiler room so my cycling jackets will dry - wife started counting the jackets........

That's never a good thing, I re waterproofed mine in the washing machine a while back, OH counted the jackets that came out, I'm guessing we had similar conversations!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Step83 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

That's never a good thing, I re waterproofed mine in the washing machine a while back, OH counted the jackets that came out, I'm guessing we had similar conversations!
    Can't be that hard to argue back. Just go up to the wardrobe(s) and point out how many jackets/outfits/shoes/whatever she has crammed in there.

Busy day at 'mill. But it's only a 4 day week so not all bad.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Contemplating coffee, burrito and one of those fancy Gore shake-dry waterproof jackets.
    I wouldn't bother, those jackets are flavourless and a bit chewy.

:lol:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Woo, shiny stuff has started to arrive for our extension rather than boring things like beams and bricks.

I'd show you what it looks like but where to host online photos has yet to be solved, would I be a fool to ask for recommendations for free photobucket type site in here?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Woo, shiny stuff has started to arrive for...
    It was looking good up to that point.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    I've not bought anything bike related for a while :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Can't be that hard to argue back. Just go up to the wardrobe(s) and point out how many jackets/outfits/shoes/whatever she has crammed in there.
    Even I thought the amount of jackets was excessive, just used the line I should really throw the old ones away
  • veronese68
    I've not bought anything bike related for a while :(
    Nor have I, but then I haven't ridden much for a while either. :( ²
    Maybe I should buy something to help with that, an oxygen cylinder perhaps.
  • step83
    I think if I were to point out the copious numbers of shoes she own I would be beaten with a selection of said shoes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    I think if I were to point out the copious numbers of shoes she own I would be beaten with a selection of said shoes.

IMagine TDNFNATN beating you with shoes while wearing a crisp, fresh lab coat.

Lush.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    As an aside, excellent day at work sorting out the gym and now have a collection of gym mats to furnish the gym at home with.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, think we had the heavy rain last night with a nice river flowing down the road.

Lots of puddles on the way in to avoid not knowing which were hiding potholes. Had an email from Kickstarter about a project I back ages ago an they are finally shipping semi decent numbers.

Onward to coffee and project planning!

What happens when your kickstarter company does well? Do you get a return on initial investment or discounts on the stuff?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    Woo, shiny stuff has started to arrive for our extension rather than boring things like beams and bricks.

I'd show you what it looks like but where to host online photos has yet to be solved, would I be a fool to ask for recommendations for free photobucket type site in here?

postimage.org

no need for an account, just upload image and use the url it gives you to embed in a bb posting
  • Stevo_666
    As an aside, excellent day at work sorting out the gym and now have a collection of gym mats to furnish the gym at home with.

Any news on your trip to The Big Smoke MF?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Canned unfortunately :(

Able to do it all closer to home so that option was selected. But gutted really, quite looking forward to a couple of beers and eating curry n chips supplied by the Po Facers.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Able to do it all closer to home so that option was selected. But gutted really, quite looking forward to a couple of beers and eating curry n chips supplied by the Po Facers.
    Maybe next time.

That said, I think Veronese, Hopper and Womble may be up for coming out for a beer and bitching about you :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Maybe next time.

That said, I think Veronese, Hopper and Womble may be up for coming out for a beer and bitching about you :)

Bitccch away - it’s better to be talked about than forgotten :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Beer in Brighton is good
  • sungod
    i saw doll by doll in brighton, only good reason ever to go to brighton