edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gone nippier again, long ride at dawn, much coffee

followed by long laze, much food
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, thick fog I nearly lost the dog in it this morning :) , I just hope it clears for 8 o’clock, out for lunch later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hope the fog clears soon, as I’ve got a TT to endure. After that I will go and see my mum

Did current wife’s Mother’s Day stuff last night, so act 2 is a national trust thing this afternoon

Later is the local
  • lincolndave
    TLW1 wrote:
    Hope the fog clears soon, as I’ve got a TT to endure. After that I will go and see my mum

Did current wife’s Mother’s Day stuff last night, so act 2 is a national trust thing this afternoon

Later is the local

Good luck with the TT , what’s the distance?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Slightly better nights sleep last night, although woken by someone having a domestic down the road. Later on I will be attempting a walk followed by watching the Cycling and admiring my 3 day old beard.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    I've left most of the Mothers Day effort to Stropteen this morning, as technically it isn't wife's day :) Will be visiting the old dear up North next weekend anyway as she turns 90 later this month. Got a few more jobs and a bit of exercise to do later. But for now, coffee and chilling out.

Webboo - you'll soon get used to sleeping lying on your 'good' side. I kept the sling on when sleeping for the first week as it held the shoulder in place a bit if I moved around in my sleep. Got some physio to do later on with what look like oversized elastic bands.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    IGot some physio to do later on with what look like oversized elastic bands.

I am familiar with those things.

Usual Sunday indifferent limbo. Toots are rather calm this morning.
    I fancied some nerve agent on toast but had to settle for Apricot jam.

Swimming later and then catch the last of P-R. Won't be as exciting as Contador's last throw of the dice last year.

Soggy.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Long walk again this morning, about all I'm capable of this week for exercise. Fitted a new dishwasher this afternoon which is a big improvement. Pizza for dinner because we were too lazy to shop and cook, and while it was fairly good, I ate too much. So, the walk was more than offset... :( Not going to get any slimmer if I keep that diet going.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:

Later is the local

Good luck with the TT , what’s the distance?
    Only 10 miles - though they have ferkin moved the start to an uphill
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I've left most of the Mothers Day effort to Stropteen this morning, as technically it isn't wife's day :) Will be visiting the old dear up North next weekend anyway as she turns 90 later this month. Got a few more jobs and a bit of exercise to do later. But for now, coffee and chilling out.

Webboo - you'll soon get used to sleeping lying on your 'good' side. I kept the sling on when sleeping for the first week as it held the shoulder in place a bit if I moved around in my sleep. Got some physio to do later on with what look like oversized elastic bands.
    I have to keep the sling on for 6 weeks only taking it off to wash and dress plus when doing some very basic physio ex’s (pendulum swings)
    When I start physio properly in 10 days, it passive stuff for first 6 weeks.
    I usually use therabands as part of my daily keep your shoulders healthy routine. Which clearly hasn’t worked.
    Anyhow walk walked and cycling part watched.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Hint of blue in the sky here this morning. Trying to do an MTB ride by 9 but failing due to snowdrifts (still) and paths being like swamps.

Just wondering what to have for tea. We were going to go out but it's Mother's Day so everywhere will probably be rammed.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Club or open? Probably would've been more fun than my ride.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Club or open? Probably would've been more fun than my ride.

Open, not sure it was fun, but did enjoy it - it’s the only one I do each year as a mate talks me into it
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    soggy roads this morning, a few nicks in the winter tubs but they survived ok

came back via hyde park, looked very muddy, probably mixed with horseshit, i believe runnists were running in it, it's no less than they deserve

as planned, deep lethargy for the afternoon, did the nyt weekend crossword
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:

as planned, deep lethargy for the afternoon, did the nyt weekend crossword

Is that a cryptic?

Boring weekend here. Transport museum with kids while Mrs H3 had afternoon tea with her mother. Gave them mcd's. I think it's a bloody fish finger sandwich for my dinner, as there's nowt else. At least the bread is homemade.
  • pinno
    The transport museum is fantastic.

What was your time TLW?
  • thistle_
    Pinno wrote:
    What was your time TLW?
    Did you win TLW?
  • lincolndave
    Pinno wrote:
    What was your time TLW?
    Did you win TLW?

Of course he won, I bet he is drinking finest champagne out of the cup
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Traditional slow start fail this morning as I had to take my sister to the airport. Weekend engineering works meant the train wasn’t an option. Left my daughter to have some quality time with her mum for mother’s day, well it would have if she hadn’t been asleep the whole time. Still, meant the EPO had some peace and quiet. Walked to Teddington Lock this afternoon for a bit of air.
    Worked out why they say self abuse makes you go blind. Orraloon started a thread about exercise induced high blood pressure and his dodgy eye is due to a vein popping in his eye. So I put two and two together and got eleventy several.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    The transport museum is fantastic.
    Would have been without the kids. The boy sulked and stared at his phone with his hood up. Mini H3 was just bored. "We get the bus and the train all the time, I like museums with things that are different."
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    What was your time TLW?
    Did you win TLW?

Of course he won, I bet he is drinking finest champagne out of the cup
    In my defence........
    7th but wasn’t on a silly bike with a silly helmet and silly skin suit

So, if my bonus works out, just agreed with the current wife to buy a silly bike
  • pinno
    Spill the beans; what was your time?

PM me with it if it's that bad.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Worked out why they say self abuse makes you go blind. Orraloon started a thread about exercise induced high blood pressure and his dodgy eye is due to a vein popping in his eye. So I put two and two together and got eleventy several.

Funny that, I have to do some exercise before my blood pressure registers as 'normal'.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    hopkinb wrote:
    Mini H3 was just bored. "We get the bus and the train all the time, I like museums with things that are different."
    She does have a point though.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:

No shame - it’s not my thing and you don’t know the course :)

But, might as well make you work for it, average speed 23.2
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Our course was rolling (Stranraer Wheelers). Eastbourne course was into Bexhill on sea with a huge drag up to Bexhill. So I have never been on a decent TT course.
    The last TT I did was in Evesham, which was a collection of false flats (another sh1t course) but I had to stop because I choked on the nipple which snapped off on my water bottle :oops: :roll:

I worked out your time.
    You would easy take over a minute off that with the right bike/gear. But is it worth it? Or perhaps, bolt a pair of tri bars on your road bike.
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

That's a decent time.

I've added some aero bars to bike, but the only PBs they've got me on Strava have been on climbs. Maybe I just need more practice but I can't pedal as hard while using them.