What music motivates you on the turbo?

Mapaputsi
Mapaputsi Posts: 104
I have my own turbo playlist that I created about two years ago and have slowly added to so that it now has ~100 tracks, but with the volume I’ve been doing over the winter I’m starting to get bored of it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or even links to their own playlists?

Have a couple of mine to kick off:

300 Violin Orchestra - Jorge Quintero
Cochise – Audioslave
‘Till I Collapse – Eminem (standard)

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I Turbo in silence,just me and the bike noises.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    Nothing to Find - The War on Drugs
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,125
    Spotify running, set to the rpm you want your cadence to be.

(you don't want to know the rubbish I listen to.)
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    Music's a bit of a personal one, innit...

For me hard intervals = Hard Acid Trance, Club 414-stylee: Liberator Crew, Choci's Chewns, Stay Up Forever, F**kin 'Avin It

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMXEv45nc6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AH_5OyCsco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTOm_b80jiU

Helps to have been there (while off your face)...
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    Bit of old skool house /trance for me. As rdt says you probably had to have been there (in the early 90s)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjDNbquRQUU

I did 1hr15 on a treadmill last night and didn't get bored :-)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Moby - Thousand, suggested it to a mate who used to keep cadence with the beat of the music, I don't suggest trying this!
  • I've just started on the turbo and initially put the music I'm into now on ,ska and punk bit of classical . I now put on tunes I used to get off my tits to many years ago ..rave , drum and bass etc etc ftp has shot up !
  • rdt
    Grahamcp wrote:
    Bit of old skool house /trance for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjDNbquRQUU

Stu Allan hey - discovered House (then Acid) from his Sunday night Piccadilly Radio shows, then 'Hot' on Wednesdays at the Hacienda, which was like stumbling into a shiny mad parallel universe - good times 8)
  • molteni_man
    molteni_man Posts: 440
    T shirt weather by Circa Waves - brilliant upbeat track first heard on the Tour de France Highlights show on ITV 4.
    In fact whole album ( Young Chasers) is great!
    Like the War on Drugs track Nothing to Find too!
  • stevewj
    stevewj Posts: 227
    used to be Sabbath and Rammstein - now, since joining Zwift, I don't bother as, when I do the interval session in a group, I don't need it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Opera - Puccini, Donizetti, Bellini, Smetana. Truly powerful at times and a break from the norm.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Big Country.
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    +1 for Moby, also any old house/dance/trance compilations on ITunes, bringing back the old memories clubbing from the 80/90's!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • markp80
    markp80 Posts: 444
    T shirt weather by Circa Waves - brilliant upbeat track first heard on the Tour de France Highlights show on ITV 4.
    Good call!
    Boardman Road Comp - OK, I went to Halfords
    Tibia plateau fracture - the rehab continues!
  • strongy1
    strongy1 Posts: 45
    The Prodigy mainly, old school drum and bass. Something with beats.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I have Apple music, so normally one of their workout or dance playlists.
    It's mainly been Dance Throwback this week with a bit of hardcore thrown in every now and again. Trying to do sub 80rpm cadence workouts to hardcore is quite a challenge :lol:
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    Spotify, find a song that suits the mood and then whack the 'Go to Song Radio' button.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,125
    Spotify running, set to the rpm you want your cadence to be.

(you don't want to know the rubbish I listen to.)

They've discontinued spotify running. Apparently you idiots didn't use it.

Battle Without Honor or Humanity on repeat then.
  • ajkerr73
    ajkerr73 Posts: 318
    Any decent music keeps me going on the Turbo.

The Spotify "Discover Weekly" playlist is amazing. Manages to get your music tastes from your listening history but never plays anything completely obvious. Have revisited some fantastic old tunes via that list.

What I do use music for is the back end of hard sessions. If I'm toiling, I have 95bpm, 100bpm and 105bpm play lists I can chose from depending on the intensity. Concentrating on hitting the beat can take a way the concentration on what is hurting usually everything).

Last 4.5 minutes of an FTP test is always "Holiday in Cambodia by The Dead Kennedys"
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Quake 2 soundtrack
  • I've done a year and a half on TR following their IM mid volume plan listening to Absolute 80's :D

My little BT speaker ran out of charge the other day and it was awful without any music, probably couldn't tell you 1/4 of the tracks that have been on after the workout but really struggle with silence.
  • rdt
    On a dumb trainer I need(ed) repetitive driving beats to help me concentrate on keeping hitting the numbers...

But having recently switched mainly to a trainer with erg-mode I've found I can listen to pretty much anything.

So my turbo soundtrack has largely shifted from hard acid techno & Dutch gabber to Philip Glass & Carnival Songs of the Italian Renaissance. Which is quite a change.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Motorhead - Everything Louder than Everyone Else
    Iron Maiden - Live After Death.

Over 2 hours of screaming and thrashing (from me on the turbo, that is).
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • EBEB
    EBEB Posts: 98
    Depends on your aim. Are you training to enjoy training or training to do well in a race/sportive?

If you are targeting an outdoor event then you will be highly unlikely to have music & there will likely be a boring bit you will want to slog through anyway.

There is something to be said for training your brain. Personally, I don’t like songs that can make me go harder because in the real world they won’t be there.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    The hardest, dirtiest, bass face inducing drum and bass I can find on sound cloud.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Kraftwerk - Tour de France
  • Nolan sisters.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    Currently enjoying Can you Give it by the Maccabees and Jack White's Over and Over.