sungod Posts: 16,433
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
gym, dentist, cafe, wfh, many webexes

could do with another snooze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, torrential rain at the moment, I supposed we are lucky it’s not the snow that’s falling further up north, dog already walked, breakfast consumed, shopping later and hopefully a bike ride
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Dog walked, also got a dentist trip, then working from home.

Later is undecided, but another rollers session would be good
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    soggy streets but bright out, decided on pre-dentist cafe trip as reward for gym
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Tired this morning. Up late last night sorting the new kitchen, putting all our junk back and finding other stuff to fill up the skip with.

Busyish day in the office ahead, including getting measured up for a new suit and attending an 'International Women's day' event - just going for research purposes you see :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Woke up to a weather warning for snow this morning. Snow had already fallen so not much of a warning, but only about half an inch thick and nothing by the time I got to the main road. Loads of people have already phoned in to say they can't get to work.

Casual Thursday as I forgot to bring a change of clothes with me. Thankfully not sat here in cycling or running kit due to laziness/achiness.

I think I need to get better broadband at home. I spent 2 hours last night uploading 5 minutes of bike cam footage to the biz after a close pass. 38Mb fibre is only £5 a month more than we're paying now, but it's an 18 month contract and want to move house soon.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Drifting in the void is about right, traditional mild Thursday morning hangover is very mild today. Our usual pub had a quiz on so was very full and noisy so we went to another pub instead. Managed to wobble in on my velocipede this morning, very wobbly and slow but at least it seems to be true that you don't forget how to ride a bike. Was completely knackered by the time I got here as still weaker than a kitten, glad I did it though. Need to do more without making myself worse again. Out again tonight to a pub quiz so will probably be annoying the regulars in another pub. It's in aid of prostate cancer and seeing as one of our Wednesday number is suffering rather badly with it we thought we should give it a go.
    Still having to make my own tea, at least the tea is made right when I do it. Coffee machine is warming to help me through the rest of the day.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, no adverse weather down this neck of the woods, bit damp on the ground an a cool breeze that's about it so no one can have the excuse of not being able to get in, unless they happen to have been cycling in Durban an someone tried taking their legs off with a blunt chainsaw (I kid thee not http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/triathlon/43313998)

Anyway coffee of some sort Gabbi bought a bag of costa ground in which is likely awful but you have to allow kids to experiment, I'll be sticking with the last of my Lavazza.

Thistle, check possible upload rates before you sign anything.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Step83 wrote:
    Thistle, check possible upload rates before you sign anything.
    It was max 38Mb download, 10Mb upload, not sure what I'd actually get due to distance/contention.

Apparently the video was no use because they couldn't tell how far away the truck was and the video needs to have my wheel in shot. Would've thought width of road / 2 - vehicle width < 1.5 m gives a good idea.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Who is the BB with currently?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur
    So hectic week so far.

Court case regarding the driver of a car/bike crash last year now done and dusted. As always sitting around in a court building was enthralling.

Puppy is going crazy for snow. last set of jabs today.

Planning on how to try and shift The Dates house. having sold instantly last summer, nothing since it fell through the day before contract exchange.

And work, well we all avoid that right?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Drifty drifty drifty drift. Having a Heineken. Had a massive bowl of featherblade stewed in Belgian beer, stock and onions, sauteed mushrooms and chips.
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Bit slow today, everyone on the lash.
    Did go on the rollers first
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Thistle - DIY, get a shovel:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34256790

Have you put the vid on youtube so we can mark it out of 10?

Today I have been mowstly... ah f*ck it.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Court case regarding the driver of a car/bike crash last year now done and dusted. As always sitting around in a court building was enthralling.

A crash you were involved in?

PS Who da farq are you?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

A crash you were involved in?

PS Who da farq are you?

Everything ok with the court case?

Ps who the farq are you?
  • Flâneur
    Stranger danger.

Yeah, cycling along, idiot got angry in his car, overtook like a **** then cut in and slammed on, mate went down I went around. Long story short CPS went with Dangerous driving. Guy got 1 year prison (suspend) 2 year ban, 100 hours of community service.

I've just become a lurker these days, without a good mobile platform I find the time to come and engross myself here limited currently. I do spy just to make sure Stevo and MF are trolling, TLW and V68 are still drinking and everyone else is alive.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Watcha TLW, have you done that thing yet? You know; the thing where you go around in circles on a bicycle?

PS Who the farq was that?!