Timber Bike bell

Paul 8v
Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
edited March 2018 in MTB buying advice
OK, I know bells aren't cool, but a lot of my routes are quite congested with headphone zombies and dog walkers. Not much I can do about the headphone zombies but I figured this might be a more polite way of letting people know I was there without scaring the hell out of them with a loud "Ping"

Has anyone else tried one? If so what sort of reactions do you get?

https://www.mtbbell.com/about.html

Comments

• figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I sort of like it, but I wonder how well it will tinkle when it is full of Ridgeway mud?
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • Paul 8v
    Haha true, one of those mini fender things on the fork crown should probably stop the worst of it though
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    When I first started commuting in to work on my old MTB a few years back I once had an old lady behind me on an old steel road bike with a pair of small cowbells on her handlebars. I thought I should be quicker than a little old lady but I had the sound of cowbells behind me for a couple of miles.
    They were actually quite effective, but I'm still haunted by that sound as it reminds me that I'm no quicker than little old ladies.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I could do with one of these for running ! You'd think my panting would alert people but apparently not !
  • Paul 8v
    Fenix wrote:
    I could do with one of these for running ! You'd think my panting would alert people but apparently not !
    Just hang a cowbell round your neck :-D
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I could do. Although I've been overtaken by cows in the past :-(
  • Paul 8v
    Cows can move pretty quickly when they need to!