Shimano Dura Ace 9000 C24 Front CL vs TL

SP1BOB
SP1BOB Posts: 3
edited March 2018 in Workshop
After having totalled by beloved C24-CL front I managed to track down a replacement but it turns out that it is the TL (tubeless) version.

Am I right in thinking that I can safely run tubes and clincher tyres with it as I used to with my old CL as at the moment I don't really want to go tubeless on the front and tubed on the rear.

Also, given that the rim doesn't have any spoke holes, can I safely get away without using any rim tape ?

Many thanks for any advice (other than buy the right one next time ...)
:)

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    You can stay using clinchers no need for extra tape either.

I’ve found tubeless rims to be a total PIA to get tyres on and off I’d be interested to hear what you think
  • SP1BOB
    SP1BOB Posts: 3
    You can stay using clinchers no need for extra tape either.

I’ve found tubeless rims to be a total PIA to get tyres on and off I’d be interested to hear what you think

I'll post on here once i've wrestled the new tube and tyre on. I used to have a pair of Ultegra tubless compatible wheels and they were real tricky to get a tubed clincher on !

Thanks for the reassurance.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    tubeless tyres have an extra lip (sort of). it means they can be a right PITA to fit.

c24's for me only really work with 22-24mm tyres, you get bulbing with larger tyres.