FAO V68 - gig alert

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    We're on the look out for another 100 Club tribute gig now - Clash / Pistols / Ramones if anyone is interested.
    Sounds good to me.
    Wessex Pistols playing a local pub in a fortnight, supposed to be a laugh.
    Will keep you posted - likely to be Autumn time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    I'm up for it, sent the link to a mate as well.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Going to get tickets for me and a couple of mates. One of them bumped into the real Joe Strummer in the loos at the 100 Club, before he died of course.
    See you there or a pub beforehand?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Going to get tickets for me and a couple of mates. One of them bumped into the real Joe Strummer in the loos at the 100 Club, before he died of course.
    See you there or a pub beforehand?
    Probably a pub job beforehand like we did at Kentish Town forum as it's close to the office and we''ll be out early. Will have a word with my mates this weekend and sort out the tickets. 100 Club is a great little venue - guess you've been there before?
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    100 Club is a great little venue - guess you've been there before?
    Not for donkeys years, can't even remember who I saw there. Mate saw Joe Strummer and the Mescaleroes there when he met him. I saw them a few times but couldn't make that gig.
    You just doing your tickets and I'll do ours as there are 3 of us? Probably easier.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not for donkeys years, can't even remember who I saw there. Mate saw Joe Strummer and the Mescaleroes there when he met him. I saw them a few times but couldn't make that gig.
    You just doing your tickets and I'll do ours as there are 3 of us? Probably easier.
    Yep, easier if you sort your lot and we'll do ours.

Good value though - we'll probably spend more on beer than tickets :)
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Mind you, I could take the boy and claim it's a right of passage and part of his birthday present.

Been to so many gigs on this premise. The kid and I have struggled to find a common interest over the years - he has absolutely zero love for any kind of sport and on a pure whim a couple of years ago (being in the right place at the right time) bought Slipknot tickets. Turns out he likes music and drinking. We recently went to a festival to celebrate him finishing school and consumed may a cider between us.

If you like punk stuff and are up for a lively evening, see Slaves. Likely be full of dick heads but probably worth putting up with.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Have you bought your tickets yet?

Just asking as I spotted they are playing Friday 26th and Saturday 27th Jan so there's there's choice (unless you've already paid up).
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Just asking as I spotted they are playing Friday 26th and Saturday 27th Jan so there's there's choice (unless you've already paid up).
    One of my mates is buying as I bought the last lot, I'll check to see if he's done it yet. I was going to nag him anyway so thanks for the reminder.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

One of my mates is buying as I bought the last lot, I'll check to see if he's done it yet. I was going to nag him anyway so thanks for the reminder.
    Might be worth checking whether Saturday is a better option or stick with Friday - I'm doing the same with my mob.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Might be worth checking whether Saturday is a better option or stick with Friday - I'm doing the same with my mob.
    Nagged him and we're sticking with the Friday.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Nagged him and we're sticking with the Friday.
    OK, no worries. Either is OK for me so Friday it is.
  • Stevo_666
    Booked 8)
  • Stevo_666
    SLF - Friday 23rd March at Kentish Town Forum. There is also a pub nearby that serves proper West Country coider, the sort that doesn't put out the glass straight away when you tip it up :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    SLF - Friday 23rd March at Kentish Town Forum. There is also a pub nearby that serves proper West Country coider, the sort that doesn't put out the glass straight away when you tip it up :)
    You booked for this one Stevo? None of my lot can make it but I can now. The Mrs says I should go anyway if you're going and it looks like tickets are still available.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You booked for this one Stevo? None of my lot can make it but I can now. The Mrs says I should go anyway if you're going and it looks like tickets are still available.
    Yep, I'm booked on this, there are a few of us going so go for it. There's a good pub just up the road from The Forum that serves 'real' cider.
  • veronese68

Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yep, I'm booked on this, there are a few of us going so go for it. There's a good pub just up the road from The Forum that serves 'real' cider.
    Booked
  • Stevo_666
    Nice one, will sort the details closer to the time.
  • Stevo_666
    I think our last posts got lost in the forum time warp last week, so anyhow see you at this place about 6pm on Friday:
    http://www.thesouthamptonarms.co.uk

I'll text you on the day.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I think our last posts got lost in the forum time warp last week, so anyhow see you at this place about 6pm on Friday:

I won't be there before about 6.30. You getting food in the pub?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I won't be there before about 6.30. You getting food in the pub?
    No worries, sounds like you'll be there around the same time as the rest of my mob so I'll get there about quarter past and try to bag a table.

I will eat at the pub but from memory it's pretty limited - think they had one little heated cabinet with some pasties and sausages. Mind you it's allowed as it will be Friday :)
  • Stevo_666
    Get in - look who's reformed after 20 years :D
    https://m.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/the-macc-lads

Got to be done...
  • veronese68
    Haha, I’m far too southern for that.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Haha, I’m far too southern for that.
    You'd love 'em. Saw them a couple of times in the late 80's early 90's and we were in stitches when we weren't singing along with their greatest hits.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-n_eqW1qoM (NSFW audio in case you hadn't guessed).

'So I said slap that and ride the ripples...' :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Booked :mrgreen:

Get Weavin'...
  • mouth
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Got to be done...

me and a mate had tickets to see them when we were 14/15. Saved up my paper round money to buy 'em and everything. Got to the door only to be turned away. Never occurred to us it'd be 18+. Was well gutted. Seems they're playing the same venue on the same mate's birthday weekend. Could well be a reunion of sorts.
  • Stevo_666
    Mouth wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Got to be done...

me and a mate had tickets to see them when we were 14/15. Saved up my paper round money to buy 'em and everything. Got to the door only to be turned away. Never occurred to us it'd be 18+. Was well gutted. Seems they're playing the same venue on the same mate's birthday weekend. Could well be a reunion of sorts.
    Which gig might you be going to Mouth?
  • mouth
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mouth wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Got to be done...

Which gig might you be going to Mouth?

Nottingham, but I'm due to be working that weekend and I've already accounted for all my holidays. I might be able to pull some favours but wont really know until much closer to the time.