office, coffee, do some legal things and security things, bail

looks remarkably snowy for middle of london, i think
due to risk of death by ice i won't be riding
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Jesus it’s cold out there, still had a nice walk with the puppy

Today is training someone in an office too far away. Later I hope to be rollers, as the wife obviously doesn’t mind as she said last night “you go and enjoy yourself on the rollers whilst I stay here and cook our dinner” - only managed half an hour before a loverly belly pork dinner ;)
  • Just read the Wiki page on Riemann surfaces, and I haven't the faintest clue what it meant. And that's from someone who got a Distinction in 2nd year mathematics at University!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, white over here in snowy Lincolnshire, When i walked the dog our footprints were the first in the new snow, walking back home after a one hour walk, the original footprints had been covered, a day for not going out I think
    Be careful out there
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    i think

Me too. Bugger. First ever commute affected by weather. I'm too tight to buy ice tyres for a once in 5 years event.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Puppy enjoyed her snow day yesterday.
    I've managed to do no work from home, you guys would be proud.
    got thumped in the pub quiz last night, and on top of that The Date was by far our best player.

WheelSpinner, what happened in 3rd year?

Yoga rather than bike ride later. May go get a new phone too
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    i think

Me too. Bugger. First ever commute affected by weather. I'm too tight to buy ice tyres for a once in 5 years event.

wore my buffalo for the first time in ages, baked, it's not cold enough for it

roads already at the black sludge stage, pavements being trodden into ice sheet etc., stomping around office in boots and bdus, done legal stuff, security next, bit of admin, see if i can head home before the first webex, it's too warm in gmc towers today
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Morning

Not much snow overnight, but not a problem anyway as all the roads are well gritted. Even the ones near work. Car really doesn't like this cold weather, spluttered and conked out the first 2 times it decided to turn over.

"Nice" and "run" shouldn't really appear in the same sentence, but it happened again this morning. Only -6.5 according to the car thermometer.
    Came across a couple of blokes so drunk at 7:15 this morning that they were having to hold onto a wall to walk.
  • Happy hump day everyone. No snow here in S Hants - just cold and clear. My neighbour's new car wouldn't start, my awesome 20-year old SEAT had no issues.
    Hopefully it won't snow after all as it turns middle-aged women into excitable children, which is silly and irritating in equal measure, and work irritates me enough as it is.
    Take care out there.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    WFH today, a few inches of snow and it's not stopped all day. Let the hound out last night while I was in the log store and he was so excited by the snow that he buggered off. I fell over on the steep corner on the track to the house when I went to look for him and I'm a bit achy today. I need to get out and scrape the snow off the track but I don't think there is any point, while it keeps snowing you get a bit of grip. It is currently snowing upwards outside due to the strong gusts, must be snowing in reverse, no need to scrape it

Meant to be going to see the GF in l'hopital tonight but I might sack it off because of the snow and sit on the turbo for a few hours.

Looks like it's still snowing at the top of the mountain in Tenerife, this time next week I'll be there. Luckily by the time I get to the top I'll be slightly warm I imagine, my friend will probably get cold waiting for me though...

Also, the hound was sick this morning, bits of stick in it, he's getting no sympathy from me. Stupid animal
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    There appears to be strange white stuff on the ground, most peculiar. Having been avoiding the bike this week until fully recovered I had to wobble in this morning as the Mrs needed the car. Slow bimble on the old MTB was completed without incident and I really enjoyed it. Back in the car later as the Mrs dropped it here on her way to work. Need to get all the snow off the bike before I chuck it in the boot, I think dumping it in the warehouse is the best way to do that.
    As it's Wednesday I'd better go to the pub later, I think they will be worried about me as I haven't been for a couple of weeks.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    edited February 2018
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    i think

I thought if anyone could struggle in on two wheels in the snow it would be you. I'm a little disappointed. :|
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    There appears to be strange white stuff on the ground, most peculiar. Having been avoiding the bike this week until fully recovered I had to wobble in this morning as the Mrs needed the car. Slow bimble on the old MTB was completed without incident and I really enjoyed it. Back in the car later as the Mrs dropped it here on her way to work. Need to get all the snow off the bike before I chuck it in the boot, I think dumping it in the warehouse is the best way to do that.
    As it's Wednesday I'd better go to the pub later, I think they will be worried about me as I haven't been for a couple of weeks.
    Yay! You're the man V! I hadn't read past hops post as I was sure being close death meant you wouldn't be wobbling in. Respect.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, very little snow here just a light dusting rode the mountain bike in today as its meant to come down later, wore the full face lid with a face mask etc lovely an toasty just took ages to get in as its only a 32T ring on it :lol:
    still about -4 out very sunny though

Coffee supplies are running low so need to stock up, you know snow supplies an what not, debating can you run hot chocolate through a cafetiere? fancy some, that of rum
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    seanoconn wrote:
    Yay! You're the man V! I hadn't read past hops post as I was sure being close death meant you wouldn't be wobbling in. Respect.
    The choice was between a wobble or the bus, no brainer really.
  • Flâneur wrote:
    Puppy enjoyed her snow day yesterday.
    I've managed to do no work from home, you guys would be proud.
    got thumped in the pub quiz last night, and on top of that The Date was by far our best player.

WheelSpinner, what happened in 3rd year?

Yoga rather than bike ride later. May go get a new phone too
    Only did maths as a dedicated subject the first 2 years in an Engineering degree...

In my final year of high school maths exam, I scored 198/200. Lost two marks for a typo, put digits round wrong way in the answer, like writing 1967 instead of 1976. Spewing - nobody from my school had ever got a perfect mark. :x :x :x
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    i think

I thought if anyone could struggle in on two wheels in the snow it would be you. I'm a little disappointed. :|

:D

If I had studded tyres I'd have given it a go. Having binned it on ice once already this year, I don't fancy doing it again. I do have a spare wheelset with knobbly 35mm tyres on, which would have been OK where there was fresh snow I guess, but the main roads were all evil looking black icy slush towards the edges. I don't mind taking primary, but would inevitably have ended up in the slushy stuff, which will probably be ice later. Been snowing quite hard here in the City for the last 30 mins.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I think to be fair most bikes will struggle with the ice/slush, the mountain bike has 2.4"s each end an I let them down and still had some problems where people have been walking it into ice.
  • haydenm
    I just wont stop snowing, just been out panic buying pizza, haribo and wine.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    I did see a few nutters on smooth tyred bikes out there this morning - including a couple on the Marylebone road - good luck to them. It's coming down pretty heavily in the west End - looks like our free evening of food & wine with the advisors is going to end up getting binned :(

Add to that lots of internal politicking here at KOFFA UK which is raising my blood pressure but I'm keeping my powder dry for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Cold. Damn cold. Apart from that, a bit tepid tbh.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    Eaten all the haribo. Should have panic bought more.

Also, help a mate out if you can, he crashed last summer and now drives a wheelchair with his chin. Great lad and only 19/20

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... =G4mAAQ58N
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    No snow here, booo.

Undercoating me :roll:

Found a picture of SG:

1054-Lg.JPG

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    I googled buffalo coat too. But at work, couldn't do image hosting. That is now my mental image of sungod.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Silly cold but having fish n chip n beer supper. Lush, see.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Silly cold but having fish n chip n beer supper. Lush, see.
    Not much better than that.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Got home at a decent time, so met up with the local mountain biking group - lots of fun in the snow :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Evening out with the advisors didn't get binned in the end. 6 course tasting menu and a glass of plonk with each course - hic! :D

Now on the train home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    hopkinb wrote:
    I googled buffalo coat too. But at work, couldn't do image hosting. That is now my mental image of sungod.

Perhaps we could extend the mental image of a few of the other BB brethren...

Lets see, erm:

HaydenM and his missus?

96545bf3631e64d4505211b2b05f4705.600x341x1.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    hopkinb wrote:
    sorry to disillusion you all, but it's this buffalo...

http://www.buffalosystems.co.uk/product ... al-6-shirt

...green one of course

though the furry one is nice and long, i do like a long coat
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Perhaps we could extend the mental image of a few of the other BB brethren...

Lets see, erm:

HaydenM and his missus?

96545bf3631e64d4505211b2b05f4705.600x341x1.jpg

I'll take that, could be worse :lol: