monday just close your eyes and take that final step

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

getting even nippier, snow on the way, perhaps wear an extra layer

off to gmc towers for a coffee and croissant, do cloudy virtual things, direct minions across the planet to do my bidding, bail early
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, very cold in that easterly wind a few snowflakes falling whilst I was walking Tigger
    So it looks like today’s Cycling will be indoors, again
    Have a good week
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Snow just starting to fall on Cannock Chase. No doubt will be picturesque. Shame I missed Oxo again yesterday.
    I am willing to bet my start is slower that VN's
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Just checked Cake Stop. Bit annoying that I missed the SC weirdness.
  • Just off to the shop to stock up on bread and milk
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I am willing to bet my start is slower that VN's
    Unfortunately I suspect you're right. :cry:
    Back at work today so out the door at 7, but drove in as I'm still a sick puppy. It was trying to snow as I left the house and is coming down a bit heavier over here now, nothing has settled yet. The delights of Hanworth look marginally better with a covering of snow, they'd look better still if they were razed to the ground. Need to go in search of food later, could do with a hair cut but I think it's too cold. Problem is it's starting to look like a 70's afro it's getting so big.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, cold wobbly start to the morning -4c to start weird though clear sky but no frost on the cars.
    Get to start some project planning today so we will see what happens there. Minion No1 has turned up an is moaning shes cold already so should be a grand day.

Onwards to coffee!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Bitter cold out there. Not a lot happening here - silence everywhere.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    New lusso winter jacket is a smashing piece of kit. Picked one up at half price ready for next winter. Looks like I will get to wear it quite a bit this week. As I was properly dressed, the ride into that "beast from the east" headwind full of snow and sleet was not actually too bad. Cold toes was the worst of it.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    New lusso winter jacket is a smashing piece of kit. Picked one up at half price ready for next winter. Looks like I will get to wear it quite a bit this week. As I was properly dressed, the ride into that "beast from the east" headwind full of snow and sleet was not actually too bad. Cold toes was the worst of it.

I don't know why but I always look forward to reading a H3 post - they seem to be the forum equivalent of a Cup a Soup to me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    I don't know why but I always look forward to reading a H3 post
    Because you're more than a little strange?
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:

I shall take that as a compliment.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

I shall take that as a compliment.
    Certainly wasn't meant as an insult. Funny how some people seem to think strange is a bad thing.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

I don't know why but I always look forward to reading a H3 post - they seem to be the forum equivalent of a Cup a Soup to me.

Whether that is a compliment or not depends on whether you think a Cup a Soup is a hug in a mug, or a cheap, gritty, over-salted waste of a drink. :wink:

I had a lovely beef and tomato cup a soup at the top of Cross Fell in the Pennines in the spring of 1991. Battled up in sideways rain, found a bothy near the top where we could get the camping stove going out of the weather and make something hot. Absolute nectar. Spoiled cup a soup for me though, as every one since has struggled to be anything like as good.
  • veronese68
    So H³ thinks MF may think of him as a warm, salty liquid.
  • And I'm back again.

2 weeks of excellent skiing and back home to find the back of my house is missing and both cats are slightly annoyed at us.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You've just put me off my soup...

Bit chilly out there but as I'm not doing any pedalling at the moment, not a problem. Got a lot on this week as the big boss and one of his sidekicks are over from KOFFA. Onwards and downwards, as I say about our effective tax rate :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    And I'm back again.

2 weeks of excellent skiing and back home to find the back of my house is missing and both cats are slightly annoyed at us.

I assume this is some arranged building work, rather than you living in Leicester?
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:

He says so himself! Well, at least he thinks my posts are warm and salty.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Whether that is a compliment or not depends on whether you think a Cup a Soup is a hug in a mug, or a cheap, gritty, over-salted waste of a drink. :wink:

I had a lovely beef and tomato cup a soup at the top of Cross Fell in the Pennines in the spring of 1991. Battled up in sideways rain, found a bothy near the top where we could get the camping stove going out of the weather and make something hot. Absolute nectar. Spoiled cup a soup for me though, as every one since has struggled to be anything like as good.

I always keep Thai green curry cup a soups in my med pack for cold related bits: warm, taste good, gives the body some fuel to burn. They rock.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Matthewfalle- I probably got the wrong end of the stick because I can't be bothered to read through rugmuncher1's bollox but, did I just read in the kicking off thread that you are from Bangor?

Site visit this morning, waiting for the impending 'giant snow weather tornado' thing or whatever the BBC call it and deciding whether to pop down to the office of continue WFH...
  • veronese68
    Maybe rather than the kicking off there should be a slag off Rugmuncher1 thread and Brakeless and Imposter can spend more time in there with him. That or the three of them just get a room. I agree he does spout a load of bollox, but the way the follow him around just to have the same argument is very strange, and tedious, as Piña said.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Brrrr and hungry. On the plus side I'm buying a car tomorrow :D And the first since passing my test 20 years ago!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:

That's it, you've buggered him. H3 will be under too much pressure to deliver the Cup a Soup and we'll end up with tinned beans and sausages.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited February 2018
    Burd from Remotely funny has cut off all her hair.

Oh my dizzy aunt. Finnish smash.

cmUyMB

Edit - why won't image link work?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Brrrr and hungry. On the plus side I'm buying a car tomorrow :D And the first since passing my test 20 years ago!
    What d'you get? I need to know what to keep out of the way of.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Maybe rather than the kicking off there should be a slag off Rugmuncher1 thread and Brakeless and Imposter can spend more time in there with him. That or the three of them just get a room. I agree he does spout a load of bollox, but the way the follow him around just to have the same argument is very strange, and tedious, as Piña said.

I agree, although I do like a good bit of arguing to lighten up my day.

On the car front, if you were a hillbilly and had to have a pickup, would you rather have the new Nissan Navara or a VW amarok of comparable spec? I've just had a second quote for the Navara at a ridiculously low price but already had the original price cleared, quite confident I can get a deal to get the VW into price range and not mention the second quote...
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    What d'you get? I need to know what to keep out of the way of.
    VW Touran, metallic grey, handsome daddy behind the wheel.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Nice choice Sean!

Weather update, Gabbis been squealing like a boyzone fan every time it tries to snow.

Snow attempts - four
    Actual snow settled - tea cup full (tea cup in 1:35 scale)
    Time spent by Gabbi moaning its not snowed enough - 6 hours
    Odds of me lobbing her out the window - high
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I agree, although I do like a good bit of arguing to lighten up my day.

On the car front, if you were a hillbilly and had to have a pickup, would you rather have the new Nissan Navara or a VW amarok of comparable spec? I've just had a second quote for the Navara at a ridiculously low price but already had the original price cleared, quite confident I can get a deal to get the VW into price range and not mention the second quote...

Neither.

Old HiLux is what you want. Rockin'.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:

I don't know who spouts more bollox - those three or Timothy w. Now he can spout it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.