sunday see the danger, always danger

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

another cold one, my cunning plan is to ride into the wind outbound, so as to enjoy a tailwind on the return, this will mean heading into the strange land that is to the east

may need to order some more tawny port, someone seems to have been drinking it
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing here again with that biting cold easterly wind, I might just have an hour on the rollers today, after yesterday’s ride with cold fingers struggling to change gear , something to look forward to we are out for lunch today with some friends I am sure copious quantities of alcohol will be drunk :D
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice cold walk with the puppy and chilling with the first cup of tea of the day

About to go and play basketball with the rugrats and then it’s getting ready for a mates sons christening, where they have obviously chosen me as one of the people to show him moral guidance

Hopefully get some exercise in later, but I get the feeling time will just disappear

Later is local
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Head hurts from too much Port last.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    TLW1 wrote:
    Nice cold walk with the puppy and chilling with the first cup of tea of the day

About to go and play basketball with the rugrats and then it’s getting ready for a mates sons christening, where they have obviously chosen me as one of the people to show him moral guidance

Hopefully get some exercise in later, but I get the feeling time will just disappear

Later is local
    Ditto on the hound walk, who is now dozing in the winter sunshine by the patio window while I sup coffee.

I also have one of these Godchildren. He's just landed his first post uni job in London starting in September so I guess my job will be to take him out and get him p1ssed :) Although he is training to be an accountant so I suppose I can dress it up as career advice over a beer or three.

More physio and jobs today and a bit of football to watch later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning, rather chilly outside at the minute. Currently getting ready for xc race and wondering if I will survive.

Update please Oxo (if you're not deaded).
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...where they have obviously chosen me as one of the people to show him moral guidance

Ooh the irony.

That sun belies the cold. Going to PPP to have a tidy in prep for next week's paint marathon.
    Then swimming with toots, then rollers later. Kind of really fed up with the cold now. At least it's dry.

Laters.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although he is training to be an accountant so I suppose I can dress it up as career advice over a beer or three.

Another poor b4stard lost to the temple of scrooge.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo obviously failed with the moral guidance there then. Next thing the lad will be grassing people up for breaking minor rules on special interest forums.
    Another traditional slow start has been had. Might pop round to see the ‘rents later as we haven’t seen them for a couple of weeks due to my plague. Old man feeling a bit better as they’ve given him a week off the chemo which is nice, unfortunately they had to give him a week off the chemo as he’d been feeling shite. All seems to be going reasonably well at the moment at least.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    First proper ride out of the year, 3 hours with daughter #2 who is training for a 90 miler next weekend. Lovely out in the sun, bit nippy into the wind but cracking tailwind home. Happy days.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo obviously failed with the moral guidance there then. Next thing the lad will be grassing people up for breaking minor rules on special interest forums.
    Bizzarely he made his own mind up about it. Maybe he saw me as a shining example :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bizzarely he made his own mind up about it. Maybe he saw me as a shining example :P

Then he must have given up all hope.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Then he must have given up all hope.
    I don't think so, he hasn't ever been into Cake Stop.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Walked the doggo this morning in the cold. Cleaned bike top to bottom in the cold, it was FILTHY, I'll wait until end of March, then replace the whole drive train. Took mini and one of her pals to the common with the doggo in the cold. Took them for a burger in the cold. Walked to the offie in the cold. Now trying to get warm.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That’s where the moral guidance should have come in :roll:
    I’d have told him being a rent boy or an estate agent would be better.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh come on...you have to save some standards.

His old man is an NHS consultant so clearly the Stevo route must have some appeal :)
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

...and you didn't suggest 'Banker'?!
  • pinno
    'Doggo' :roll:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yep, that would be it.

beancounters11.jpg?w=1000
  • pinno
    ^ ha ha. Took me 10 seconds but I got there.