Ultegra Di2 6800 Gear Kit

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited February 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys

I have a 2016 Tarmac and I am sure the frame is DI2 compatible. The bike has Ultegra already so what would I need to convert the bike to DI2? Can anyone give me a list of parts please?

Also is £900 a good price for the complete Groupset? Was thinking I could by the lot and sell what I don’t need.

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Battery, shifters, front and rear derailleurs, junction A and junction B, etube cabling to connect everything. Basically, everything bar the crankset and cassette.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    philthy3 wrote:
    Battery, shifters, front and rear derailleurs, junction A and junction B, etube cabling to connect everything. Basically, everything bar the crankset and cassette.
    Are there different types of battery?
  • StillGoing
    Yes. There's obviously the seat post battery and the external battery, but if you want to run a D-Fly set up with the new D-Fly component, you need to have the DN110 battery. The older battery doesn't have the output.
  • Wait for a R8050 gear kit......or whatever they've called it
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    I just put r8070 on my bike for 1150, I would pay the small premium to get r8050.

Check merlin bikes out, they normallly do DI2 gear sets where you get derauilers, shifters, cabling and battery but not the brakes or crank (which you would already have). The new 8000 crank is lovely however.

For battery there Is the new type that ships with 8050 and the old type that doesn’t have the memory on it to enable the synchro shift functionality. D-fly is an option on all versions of DI2 and gives you communication between your garmin and DI2 (it’s nice, especially if you use synchro shift) and also the ability to configure and upgrade your DI2 using an iphone/tablet on Bluetooth. I think I’ve upgraded my firmware a grand total of 2 or 3 time in 2.5 years so how useful this is....
  • StillGoing
    I went R8050 upgrade via a dealer in Taiwan. Got stung for import and shipping duties, but it didn't work out too bad. Kit was shifters, Bar end junction A, junction B, Dn110 battery and front and rear derailleurs. Enough etube cabling was provided with the kit as well as the charger, but I did have to buy the D-Fly unit and additional cable to fit it. I kept my 105 cassette and Rotor cranks and happy to say it works with Q rings.