Trek Domane SL5

w00dster
w00dster Posts: 880
edited February 2018 in Your road bikes
Some pics of my Trek Domane. My current winter and gravel bike.
Bar tape colour has faded after about 6 months use, probably me attempting to clean it with all sorts of products hasn’t helped, darker green will be going on. New bars, Chainset, cassette and chain to go when weather improves. Chain and cassette are pretty rusty. Steerer will be chopped when new bars go on. Currently has 32mm bontrager tyres on, they’ll also be swapped for 25mm Michelin power comp. it has a bontrager xxx carbon saddle. With the 25mm power comp and latex tubes it’s just over 8kgs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158358314 ... ed-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158358314 ... ed-public/

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Like to see an embedded image so apologies in advance

40462928021_f2c9f8d825_z.jpg

Nice bike BTW although the bar tape could divide opinion??
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sorry - I know it's your pride and joy but it's fugly and at the minimum you need to cut the steerer down immediately. And it's a Trek.

Sorry.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • w00dster
    Not pride and joy, criticism is fine. It’s just a toy, I got the Domane for the off-road / bikepacking capabilities of larger tyres. I wanted something that was good for quick rides on the road but could also handle north wales and Scottish off-road rides. I have other more capable off road bikes, but this is used for mixed terrain and non technical offroad rides (South Downs way off road, exmoor Quantock Hills etc)
    Steerer can wait, bike gets used once a week at the most, I’ll do all the jobs on it at the same time when the weather picks up.
  • I'd keep the bar tape, why would you swap to narrower tyres?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • w00dster
    Swapping for narrower tyres just because I have other bikes that I’ll use for more off road riding, Coptic Escapde and about to buy a new hardtail.
    I have a set of brand new Michelin power comp so might as well use them for fast club rides. I ride a mix of different disciplines and have this year decided to focus more on bikepacking ITT rides. Starting with Trans Cambrian next month. The Domane might be used for the odd crit and road race. I was going to buy a Giant Propel for road racing but enjoy getting mucky off road too much.
  • I like it including the bar tape